Hypnotic

[Feature]Kill camera problem

Question

Posted (edited)

Idea for stoping the growing problem who will become ( destroying the reality of fight ) as every game with it don't getting me wrong kill cam is good thing !
The kill cam should have some delay ( its should be careful decide to not be too long ) and not real time before show you who and from where kill you - in this way the players have a chance to fulfill realistick fight.
Otherwise 2 battles out of 3 end as follows - killing a player he told to his friends / squadmates exactly weare you are exactly same moment this automatically eliminate any chance for deviation in any battles and bringing only frustration and elimination for any tactical actions .

People please think seriously for about this ( here we have 100% nonsense and the game become arcade style ) i think this is exactly what nobody want here the gunfight is the core in this game...

Edited by Hypnotic
  • Thanks 1

7 answers to this question

For me, I don't like kill cams at all.  It takes away too much of the fog of war and becomes too COD-ish.  We currently have hit direction which is a perfect compromise IMO.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I'm purely just not interested in seeing it added. I already feel players are given far more information than they deserve just because they died (short of who their killer was & if it's a Teammate that needs to be punished.) This new one is taking the extra step by showing Players where their Attacker is, the direction they're currently facing, and where exactly they're moving to (if at all.) It's being pitched as a learning tool for players and apparently as a mean countering Hackusations. Players have adapted just fine without this sort of kill cam and Hackusations will continue no matter what sort of information is given. Some Players just get overly salty and call Hacks as a means of not accepting they either did something dumb or they got bested in the moment.

Another reason I have a problem with this coming Kill Cam is that it completely counters one of the core design philosophies of the game and that is the belief of superior positioning on the map. (EG: The person on the high ground is in a more advantageous position to engage enemies on the hill on the opposing side compared to their teammate who is down in the gully between the hills.) The Kill Cam revealing your position actually endangers your superior positioning to the enemy because the People you killed can report your exact location. Now that superior position you were using has become compromised and it's because you killed a Player in it. It's not because they spotted you before they died, it's not because a UAV/Barracuda/whatever was in the area revealing it. No, your position is revealed because you killed a player and they took that information (that they only got because they died) to give it to their team to expose your flank on them.

But, if there is no choice but to accept further undeserved information being given, then I will just accept that I will need to try to rally Community support for a "Hardcore", "Authentic", or whatever sub-game mode for Warzone, Breakthrough, TDM, and whatever other future game modes are added.

Edited by Dunabar
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

One really effective , cinematic and smoothing the immersion way to slow down this unnatural moment is to finish already added zoom in function as in the video start at 4.34

here we zoom in when the player spawn on the field.

I think the process should be completed  such as we zoom out when we die - here we can get the delay as much as we need and add some animations .

1. The player view is in fps condition he die start zooming out

2. seeing little bit of soldier head

3. seeing more from the body and same time he falls back in the direction of the fire ( we do not stop in the whole process to zooming out )

4. the zooming process is increasing or not to the skies and finish in the tac map view 

5. and here we have to decide are we want to watch how we die of course if we decide to see the replay how we die this moment should add more time before we can respown on the field because we watch the past and the player have more chance to fight with the existing players on the field  .

Edited by Hypnotic
  • Like 1

I would say instead of showing the enemy where he shot from exactly or something like that, the killcam should be a replay of your pov for that exact moment or a 3rd camera replay not too far from your character. 

I think it's probably something worth testing a bit, it's hard to know how these things will work in game without playing it yourself so I'm going to be open minded here.

7 часов назад, Dunabar сказал:

to try to rally Community support for a "Hardcore", "Authentic",

Oldfag.🤪

• Haha 2

This game is all about being true to realism, correct. 

Get rid of the kill cam and any direction pointing information about positioning and location. 

All players will benefit from this.