Sign in to follow this  
Daydreaming

Stamina system

i think we should have a stamina system just to prevent people from just running around all the time with 2 heavy guns and level 4 steel etc , no way can a soldier run that long lol

but thats just my suggestion ^^

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

I agree. I would like to see more downsides for heavy armor. Now it’s only speed. With a stamina system you could tweak this a lot more! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daydreaming said:

no way can a soldier run that long lol

challange accepted, Now I just need to join the military XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Daydreaming said:

by run i mean full sprint

challange accepted !

Edited by Potato_
  • Like 1

Devs could apply a stamina system as it was in BF2. You cannot sprint forever, but light can sprint longer than medium and medium longer than heavy. This was one thing that fucked my up from BF2 to BF3 altought I liked the gunplay in the latter.

no ple doesnt add much to the game skill wise just LARP and would be annoying AF with the large ass maps

• Like 1

The map size argument ist certainly striking here but I would not necessarily agree in that a stamina system does not contribute to the skill ceiling. 

It depends of course on how ist is implemented ingame, but a wasted person after sprinting 500m ist probably having tough time lining up precise shots in standing position over distance. So ist your stamina runs too low the scope away could increase for example. On the other hand an entirely relaxed person may take longer to go ADS or something like that.

Not saying this should be implemented but it would definitely be some kind of skill to keep your stamina in balance.

38 minutes ago, TZoningHard said:

no ple doesnt add much to the game skill wise just LARP and would be annoying AF with the large ass maps

Disagree. It adds a punishment to running heavy that could make players actually consider going light instead. It might also encourage more use of the leader spawn system if it's not possible to cross the map as quickly, promoting more teamwork than I'm seeing currently. It would work great with the mobile spawn vehicle they've said they're adding too.

On 10/23/2018 at 9:58 AM, ImSpiffing said:

Give people a reason to run light and a penalty to heavy, I agree with this.

Armor sucks right now their is no reason to go heavy unless you are already in that bracket as armor is worthless after the nerf.

Heavy players are slow medium players are still low and light players are fast.

The meta is to run lowest tier armor and just be fast because with this ridiculously low TTK you'll be dead with heavy armor anyway but if you are already heavy might as well run heavy armor.

On 10/23/2018 at 10:02 AM, Daydreaming said:

by run i mean full sprint

There's people who ruck run 10 miles and this game no one is really sprinting.

We are not planning to add a stamina system to the game. We were testing it internally and we decided that it takes away a huge amount of fun when your soldier stops running and start walking very slowly just because you forgot to look at your stamina bar. Although differently weighted configs run at different speeds (Heavy is way slower than Light for example), we are monitoring the situation and will provide more mechanics to balance weight system if needed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ryuzaki said:

We are not planning to add a stamina system to the game. We were testing it internally and we decided that it takes away a huge amount of fun when your soldier stops running and start walking very slowly just because you forgot to look at your stamina bar. Although differently weighted configs run at different speeds (Heavy is way slower than Light for example), we are monitoring the situation and will provide more mechanics to balance weight system if needed.

Thank God. I did not want a stamina system stopping my momentum and free-flow moment!

10 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

Armor sucks right now their is no reason to go heavy unless you are already in that bracket as armor is worthless after the nerf.

Heavy players are slow medium players are still low and light players are fast.

The meta is to run lowest tier armor and just be fast because with this ridiculously low TTK you'll be dead with heavy armor anyway but if you are already heavy might as well run heavy armor.

If this is true, a stamina system would allow them to buff heavier armor to balance the reduced stamina, creating a wider gap between the armors instead of them becoming barely distinguishable from each other.

4 hours ago, Grey Wolf Jack said:

Thank God. I did not want a stamina system stopping my momentum and free-flow moment!

I like to flank and move a lot, often trying to cap points behind the enemy team, but one issue that I've had with WW3 and also with Battlefield is that no matter how sneaky you are, and how careful you are, as soon as you start capping the enemy team is notified and they can immediately sprint to your location with ample time to get there. With the slow cap speeds in WW3 and smaller maps the enemy doesn't need to think about where they are, they can just play reactively and sprint everywhere with little punishment for rushing into a fight.

5 hours ago, Ryuzaki said:

I can appreciate this point, players like to run and gun and have fun, but I think it could help push players to focus on picking the best spawn, using their squad leads and treating vehicles as transport as well as killing machines, instead of just happily running everywhere. It would also give people something extra to think about when playing, whether they can get to that bit of cover with the stamina they have or whether they'll have to stop mid-flank to recover. It would also give another balancing option for armor, allowing the option of heavy players still being relatively quick and well armored, but unable to cover as much ground.

@Cral - Yeah, I see your point but at the moments it's very easy to die even if you are a heavy armored soldier. It alone pushes the player to think how they move around the map and if you add to this rather slow running speed you are an easy target for snipers and mid-range oriented soldiers. I really think there are at least a few mechanics that could balance out the weight system and wouldn't be as radical as stamina would be.

Edited by Ryuzaki

2 hours ago, Ryuzaki said:

@Cral - Yeah, I see your point but at the moments it's very easy to die even if you are a heavy armored soldier. It alone pushes the player to think how they move around the map and if you add to this rather slow running speed you are an easy target for snipers and mid-range oriented soldiers. I really think there are at least a few mechanics that could balance out the weight system and wouldn't be as radical as stamina would be.

Adding stamina would allow heavier armor to be buffed in terms of damage it can take to balance everything out, meaning you'd be tankier and still relatively quick over a short distance, but rushing across the map would be impossible. I get that stamina can really slow things down though and be frustrating, which maybe isn't what people want.

Infinite sprint must stay! Since the maps are so big. 

I think what people would like to see is a kind of passive stamina system. 

I suggest penalty on accuracy after a sprint. Similiar to Rising Storm: Vietnam. After a sprint it's so damn hard to land precise shots. 

Havier armor -> faster precision drop -> over a shorter distance of sprint 

Armor is general needs to be reverted, the TTK is pretty much the same and heavy armor is just a hindrance to winning at this point.

Stamina doesn't fix a problem especially when that problem does not exist. Some people just want more LARP.

The weight system is ok but not perfect the best thing would to add more brackets and have a final bracket as over-encumbered not a weight limit. the speed difference is major and noticeable already and is how it should be balanced.

Stamina would just be another backwards step to this game and very frustrating. Stamina is a overall silly idea in this game.

That's exactly what our thoughts are at the moment. We could add something like increased sway after a long running period.

• Like 2

Why? dont turn this into squad they already ruined their gun play.

Running is fine how it is and anything done to make it more for roleplaying reasons would just be a annoyance rather then improving the game.

Armor just needs to be buffed resistance wise as its currently useless and you move slow comparatively.

A passive stamina would only tick people off especially with sway which would really hurt the fights.

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, Ryuzaki said:

That's exactly what our thoughts are at the moment. We could add something like increased sway after a long running period.

Please no. No stamina and no increased sway. There is not so much distance between points on map for soldier to behave like he is having heart attack.

As I said earlier, we are rather happy with how the running system works for now. I've just proposed a mechanic which could have been added instead of stamina - this doesn't mean that we are adding this right now or that there are any plans for doing so.

Sign in to follow this