Jump to content
Kispa

Some sort of revive system

Recommended Posts

I think some sort of revive system would make the game a bit more enjoyable. Yes, the developers have probably thought of this and left it out for a reason.

My first few games I really liked that the game punished you for dying, it made me work extra hard trying to stay alive, made the game feel more realistic. But now, a few more games later it's just gotten so annoying. Walking back after dying takes way too long because of the map sizes (Love the size, don't get me wrong), but I think implementing some sort of revive system would make a game a lot more enjoyable as well as speeding things up a bit.

Maybe a gadget like BFs defibrillators or Armas revive?

  • Like 6
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The games too much of a fast-paced game for it to really exist at the detriment of the players in one way or another If you kill a sniper who was rinsing your team only for him to be revived by someone hiding behind him repeatedly. And if you made revives a long process as to counter raising the dead to fight again so quickly it would just put a lot of players in bad spots for an amount of time to be rushed.


Besides you can respawn on squadleader.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think also instead of a REvive system you could have squadspawns so its not such a Pain in the a** to play with your friends? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and welcome to our forum.

A revive system, like in other shooters, is not yet planned.  
However, it may be necessary to change the punishment system.
We will discuss this in the team. Your feedback about that is highly appreciated. We want to know what your suggestions are.
 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 7IM3rW said:

I think also instead of a REvive system you could have squadspawns so its not such a Pain in the a** to play with your friends? 

You can spawn on squad leader, bit buggy at times tho atm.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not like the idea of a revive system. Battlefield has a revive system and adding one would be a step towards an Arcade shooter. Teamplay should be focused on keeping your teammates alive verses bringing them up after dying. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If revives are ever introduced, it should be limited to one revive per life. Also, if you die from a headshot or direct explosion, you shouldn't be revivable. Let's not make this into every BR that came out this year (save Islands of Nyne).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, techsimmons said:

If revives are ever introduced, it should be limited to one revive per life. Also, if you die from a headshot or direct explosion, you shouldn't be revivable. Let's not make this into every BR that came out this year (save Islands of Nyne).

Sounds fair, however I have heard there is intentions on creating a BR mode and that would require revives I guess as you would only get one life (If it uses similar BR rules on no respawns)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea i also would love to have a revive system, and i agree, not when you died via headshot or explosions.

Make it a long animation, where you may even need to carry your mate to safety to do it, just anything please :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kimsey02 said:

Yea i also would love to have a revive system, and i agree, not when you died via headshot or explosions.

Make it a long animation, where you may even need to carry your mate to safety to do it, just anything please :D

Would just be like BF 3 on metro mah dude. We dont speak of metro

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 for a revive system (only by squadmates, only when not killed by headshot or explosions)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna vote no on reviving. You can spam revive in BF for all eternity, right now the tempo of flag capturing would be really messed up if revive system was in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revive is kinda pointless in Public Games.Teamplay is kinda rare. In BF 3 I often risk my own Live to Revive Players. Some of them just Ignored the possibility to stand up again and save a Ticket.. they rather Spawn forther back, ignore Teamplay as best as possible. So both lives and Tickets lost in the end. I wasnt focused on enemy fire anymore. 

Edited by ERZ_007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If implemented would want a massive cool down on it, only a short time to revive someone, and maybe some other restrictions like takes a decent bit to revive someone other then a prick of a needle then boom your up and would need to be healed further. With a revive system most people would flock to that and also think a little less when charging in. Good idea though if balanced right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 4:54 PM, ImSpiffing said:

The games too much of a fast-paced game for it to really exist at the detriment of the players in one way or another If you kill a sniper who was rinsing your team only for him to be revived by someone hiding behind him repeatedly. And if you made revives a long process as to counter raising the dead to fight again so quickly it would just put a lot of players in bad spots for an amount of time to be rushed.


Besides you can respawn on squadleader.

You realize its really easy to solve by:

1. Making player revive put you on cooldown (30 seconds or more) during which if you die again, you cant be revived.
2. Prevent players from reviving their teammates being killed by headshots or high caliber weapons mounted on vehicles (such as 12.7 HMGs)
3. Bringing you back back to life with a half or even quarter HP, requiring you to spend another couple of seconds using your meds before you're back into the fight.

A properly executed revive system will help bring squads together and incentivize team play, by sticking together to teammates since it directly affects your survivability.
Its frustrating to be the only one trading with someone when you run as a full squad. Having a way to bring that one person back to life after you've already won the encounter would definitely remove that frustration. It doesnt even have to reward a huge amount of score, its meant to be a tool primarily for squadmates to help each other out.

Edited by Gapis
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gapis said:

You realize its really easy to solve by:

1. Making player revive put you on cooldown (30 seconds or more) during which if you die again, you cant be revived.
2. Prevent players from reviving their teammates being killed by headshots or high caliber weapons mounted on vehicles (such as 12.7 HMGs)
3. Bringing you back back to life with a half or even quarter HP, requiring you to spend another couple of seconds using your meds before you're back into the fight.

A properly executed revive system will help bring squads together and incentivize team play, by sticking together to teammates since it directly affects your survivability.
Its frustrating to be the only one trading with someone when you run as a full squad. Having a way to bring that one person back to life after you've already won the encounter would definitely remove that frustration. It doesnt even have to reward a huge amount of score, its meant to be a tool primarily for squadmates to help each other out.

Like the idea of the high caliber weapons and headshots aswell as the having to stop and wait for a regroup before pressing. I just will hate if they implement a style like BF. It would inspire teamwork. someone would have to carry med packs while someone else carries the revive system. I love this game for the slightly more hardcore feeling so i would like it to take a little time to revive someone rather than just get them up instantly. I think they should Implement it, however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 12:25 PM, Butta On Tha Pancakes said:

I do not like the idea of a revive system. Battlefield has a revive system and adding one would be a step towards an Arcade shooter. Teamplay should be focused on keeping your teammates alive verses bringing them up after dying. 

theres not a lot you can do to keep your team mates alive if they die in 2-3 shots.  a revive system can be done and still maintain a hardcore game.  take squad for example.  revives take a long time and have a limited amount.  and squad is way more hardcore than this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Series said:

theres not a lot you can do to keep your team mates alive if they die in 2-3 shots.  a revive system can be done and still maintain a hardcore game.  take squad for example.  revives take a long time and have a limited amount.  and squad is way more hardcore than this game.

Never played squad however, I do get what you mean. As long as I don't feel like I'm facing a zombie horde, I'm okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion revive system is absolutely unnecessary. Why follow other titles instead of making the game unique. I've played multiple matches and never even thought about being revived. It makes the gameplay different, more challenging and rewarding. Squad spawn system or at least fixed Squad Leader spawning would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather not have to worry about trying to revive people and just play the game. A revive system is unnecessary.

A revive system would also lessen the impact of a death. imagine a squad that just keeps rezzing each other you could end up getting no where making any kill kinda meaningless.

A spawn system for squad leader would be great tho. Right now staying to gather as a squad is improbable. If a squady dies then what ever he an rezzes on squad leader or near by, But if the squad leader dies then the squad almsot always falls apart.

Having a system that allows the squad leader to respawn on the squad depending on how close they are together would help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think revives would be good for the game if done correctly imo, not like battlefield revives though. I suggest:

  -Reviving not possible if you died to headshot damage. This encourages people to still aim for the head despite the helmet rather than people continuously shooting for the stomach to avoid armour.

 -A longer revive time rather than instant, similar to SQUAD rather than battlefield (faster than squad tho).

 -A player could replace their secondary weapon with a defibrillator/bandages/adrenaline syringe or something, thus allowing them to take a med kit as a gadget as well. Similar to a player wanting to be anti tank takes an RPG as their secondary. Also prevents '1 man army' players who can revive players AND destroy tanks etc.

 -Perhaps only allow revives from squadmates to prevent spamming of revives and to encourage people to play with their squad.

In my opinion adding a revive system in the right way would be much better for both team and squad play and add longevity to long range firefights but also encouraging people to close the distance to confirm kills. It would also make the long respawn time much more reasonable by effectively rewarding playing as a squad and good positioning and allowing the long respawns to punish poor positioning and people running around alone rather than punishing everyone no matter what. (not that I think the respawn time is overly long, it could be extended if reviving was added.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...