Slade

Attachment Placement on Weapons

Greetings! So when I was first customizing weapons I realized that some of the attachments are in weird places for my tastes. So what I was thinking of, perhaps a slider or maybe some way to pick and choose where you put your attachments? Another example would be that some people like their secondary sights a bit further down the rail than others. Thanks for your time!

Edited by Slade
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, K1ng0fthepatch said:

ill say.  the ak ironsights end up on a rail rather than where they should be.

The reason for that is because it is not an AK47, it is an AK12 or the Beryl.  Those are made with flat top rails.  That's why the irons go where they go in game.  If you want traditional placements for the irons, there needs to be a traditional AK47 (or AKM for purists).

1 minute ago, TrkyTr8r said:

The reason for that is because it is not an AK47, it is an AK12 or the Beryl.  Those are made with flat top rails.  That's why the irons go where they go in game.  If you want traditional placements for the irons, there needs to be a traditional AK47 (or AKM for purists).

so why is all the other bis there to mount it just ahead of the rail?  

1 minute ago, K1ng0fthepatch said:

so why is all the other bis there to mount it just ahead of the rail? 

In real life the irons would be where they are in game because it makes a longer sight radius. The longer the sight radius, the more accurately you can shoot. You should want them as far back on the rail as possible.  Other optics are put in front of the irons on the rail like Holos or red dots, etc.  If the devs would give the option to do THAT instead of forcing "backup" sights to be at a 45° angle, that would make it more realistic.  I'll see if I can show you a pic of my personal AKM so you can see the difference between an upgraded AKM and the in game AK12

So, unfortunately you can't really see it unless you zoom in but traditional irons are on there.  I can't use the traditional sight rail because I have an underfolder, so the dogleg system is the best I can do for optics, but this is a typical AKM type of modification.  It's almost impossible to make an AKM a flat top like the AK12, and even if you did, the irons would still be in that place.

IMG_20170104_111138600.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 8:26 PM, TrkyTr8r said:

So, unfortunately you can't really see it unless you zoom in but traditional irons are on there.  I can't use the traditional sight rail because I have an underfolder, so the dogleg system is the best I can do for optics, but this is a typical AKM type of modification.  It's almost impossible to make an AKM a flat top like the AK12, and even if you did, the irons would still be in that place.

nice paint but my complaining isn't the AK-15 it's the Vityas which actually has the sight base and yet the sight ends up on the rail.  also which AK pattern doesn't have a wobbly dust cover?  

34 minutes ago, K1ng0fthepatch said:

also which AK pattern doesn't have a wobbly dust cover?

Mine lol.  I use the Texas Weapons Systems dogleg rail. It's solid.  Never lose zero! And thanks for the compliment!

We'll probably be redesigning the attachment location systen. Having them movable was an idea few years back but it would create a HUGE number of possible issues for us. But yes, the locations are all over the place, we'll be tweaking their locations to make sure they always look sensible (or, at least, good).

• Like 2

Mine lol.  I use the Texas Weapons Systems dogleg rail. It's solid.  Never lose zero! And thanks for the compliment!

now that ive taken a closer look it looks like the Vityas is as well, if not something similar.  

Edited by K1ng0fthepatch

Hey I appreciate it Borreh for the heads up, sorry to be so late on this. 

Edited by Slade

Personally, I've had issues where the grips on the MSBS bullpup version are a lot closer to the trigger than what would be ergonomically preferable. It makes sense to have them on fixed positions so as to stop bugs, but if you implemented a size stat into the various attachments then it could theoretically stop them running off the end of the rail.

On 10/30/2018 at 5:37 PM, Borreh said:

We'll probably be redesigning the attachment location systen. Having them movable was an idea few years back but it would create a HUGE number of possible issues for us. But yes, the locations are all over the place, we'll be tweaking their locations to make sure they always look sensible (or, at least, good).

Just thought to suggest something like that, it is a pity that there are problems with this, it would be fun if there was an opportunity to move the gadgets as in a ground branch. In any case, I will wait for the redesigned system. Also, I would like to get an opportunity to use all 4 sides on a picatinny rail on the fore-end.

Edited by HondoUnicorn

On 10/30/2018 at 5:37 PM, Borreh said:

for example, allot of ppl would like the red-dot in  the front of the gun

wi3vqo.jpg

Edited by Renu
  • Like 1