Butta On Tha Pancakes

Poll: Do we want a revive system

Poll: Do we want a revive system?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Options for Revive System

• Yes. Just Like Battlefield
    • Yes, but only If Vitals and Head Not Damaged
    • No. That's arcade shooter bullshit.

maybe something different, 50% chance, impossible if headshot/granade,/missile kill , and limited charges.

Edited by poti
  • Like 2

I really like the "only if vitals aren't damaged" suggestion and it would be a nice feature to have ingame. However since respawns don't take forever I'm not too bothered by not having a revive system in the game.

3rd time ive said this, but do you really want operation metro all over again. The struggle for the middle point. to kill the same guy again and again only to die to him a second later as your occupied with others.

• Like 2

Hell naw. Or if it is make the animation really long so that you can only do it out of combat. No medic trains please.

• Like 2

Eh, let's not just make this Battlefield. I like that WW3 has its own identity going on.

No revives, but if there are revives, non-vital revives only AND there must be something like reduced health or speed fatigue?

2 minutes ago, DoctorMcBatman said:

Eh, let's not just make this Battlefield. I like that WW3 has its own identity going on.

No revives, but if there are revives, non-vital revives only AND there must be something like reduced health or speed fatigue?

Havent heard that suggestion before, maybe reduced health until dead?

12 minutes ago, ImSpiffing said:

Havent heard that suggestion before, maybe reduced health until dead?

Yeah I mean, I'm pretty sure with body armor the more hits it takes the weaker it gets right? So maybe you can be revived but have no armor bonus.

• Like 2

Revive is an important part of the tactics and improve teamplay.

Maybe add a system to accept or decline revive for the player who was revived ? It will prevent to revive spamming

2 hours ago, DoctorMcBatman said:

Devs said there won't be a fatigue system, you can run all day

Honestly, Somthing along the lines of what Arma 3 Ace mod does for medical would be fantastic, as the instant revives ala Battlefield I personally feel would ruin the push for quasi realism that you guys are going for here. 

I propose the following:

* Rename current first aid to IFAK (Individual First Aid Kits) and only allow IFAK to replenish a players health to 3/4. 

* Keep the medical backpack in but only allow people to restock IFAKS from it. 

* Add a Trauma Kit/Bag useable by max two people on a team. Trauma kit has unlimited uses and allows the user to revive downed players or heal players fully. 

* Reviving downed players takes roughly 10 seconds to accomplish, with a downed player getting hit during this process counting as a death. 

* Allow all players the ability to carry or drag unconcious/downed players around to map. This way you can move a casuality to a safe area before starting treatment on them. 

* Reward EXP given per successful heals and revives, to encourage and reward those playing the support role properly.

*EDIT*

Not sure why the lines are appearing perma highlighted above. :(

Edited by Recon
  • Like 1

I would say do without revives altogether.

But, if it were to be added I'd like it to be a slow process and you can only revive the same player once or something?

Similar to Recon's idea but slightly different, I like the idea of everybody having their own IFAK and you have to replenish it from a medic bag. Otherwise I'm hoarding that ammo bag! LOL

• Like 1

A revive system increases teamplay. Or at the very least let me spawn on any of my squad mates. This game was going for a battlefield style game play. So I dont see why people should be surpised to see players wanting that. And the regular battlefield games are crap now, so its not as tho we can just go back and play them.  

• Like 1

voted yes, only when no headshots.

at first i thought, it doesnt fit in this game, but this ^ sounds interesting

It is arcade shooter bullshit. They said they stick to "playable realism" and reviving a dead person even if the kill was without touching vital organs or headshot would be useless IRL as a seriously injured soldier is unable to fight (or move in most cases) even if the heart is started again.

Sure it's not realistic. Respawn is not realistic either. But it's a game.

Maybe add chance for incapacitation animation where enemy can still shoot you and fully kill you out of the fight, while teammates can carry to cover and such. And yes, "revive" if you chose to have medkit or whatever.

What I like most about revive in some games is some team play incentive, dynamics (not just spawn at flags) and just the chance I can avoid potential running simulator.

• Thanks 1

sure I don't mind but please balance it. make it so u cant be revived from grenades, rpgs, team kills light & heavy tank weaponary, road kills, mines, c4 car, c4 drone, battlepoints via airstrikes.

Edited by Amaterasu

I wouldn't mind a revival system; this way the developers can rework the First Aid kits (Those booster shots) currently in the game, giving it the mechanics to heals as well as revive up to a certain amount.

EDIT: Ngl, didn't see that @Recon already posted this idea. Still a great idea. :) Kuddos.

battlefield 5 did it the best but it is still flawed. make it squad only for this game, it will make people stick together a lot more. soldier dragging would actually be fantastic and work well bc its slower paced. but I don't want it like battlefield 1, 3 & 4. have us in a state similar to bf5 as well so we can be countered. it'll stop the Rambo reviving.

new a idea, only can be revived if a medpack is in the area, but only if the medpack was there when you died, you can see if can revive because the soldier is in agony and moving the arms or something and with a mark. this can lead people to throw more medpacks.

Edited by poti