Butta On Tha Pancakes

Poll: Do we want a revive system

Poll: Do we want a revive system?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Options for Revive System

• Yes. Just Like Battlefield
    • Yes, but only If Vitals and Head Not Damaged
    • No. That's arcade shooter bullshit.

a revive system like in Rainbow Six: Siege would be nice... nothing instant, to revive a team-mate is another tactic decision, because you'll be exposed and it woud take around 10 seconds, also like in PUBG... this revive system won't end in a revive train like BF had... 

also, whoever kills infantry continuosly with RPGs, can't be revived :P:P:P:P

xD

• Like 1

As long as its heavily limited (meaning its nothing like BF series) in order to prevent medic trains and Metro-effect... I guess I'm cool with it.

It's a very good idea. But in my opinion, the ideal is to be able to revive, only if the vital organs including the head are not touching.

On 10/23/2018 at 10:57 PM, Recon said:

Honestly, Somthing along the lines of what Arma 3 Ace mod does for medical would be fantastic, as the instant revives ala Battlefield I personally feel would ruin the push for quasi realism that you guys are going for here. 

I propose the following:

* Rename current first aid to IFAK (Individual First Aid Kits) and only allow IFAK to replenish a players health to 3/4. 

* Keep the medical backpack in but only allow people to restock IFAKS from it. 

* Add a Trauma Kit/Bag useable by max two people on a team. Trauma kit has unlimited uses and allows the user to revive downed players or heal players fully. 

* Reviving downed players takes roughly 10 seconds to accomplish, with a downed player getting hit during this process counting as a death. 

* Allow all players the ability to carry or drag unconcious/downed players around to map. This way you can move a casuality to a safe area before starting treatment on them. 

* Reward EXP given per successful heals and revives, to encourage and reward those playing the support role properly.

*EDIT*

Not sure why the lines are appearing perma highlighted above. :(

Nice/ but we still need to keep in mid that it's a game and we should keep thing a bit simpler. IFAKS should be counted as standard issue gear (everyone gets one) and they should regenerate health a bit slower (up to 75% as you wrote)/ though medical bags should kept ability to heal up to 100% and restore IFAKS.

Gear limitations are bad ideas since here we will never get Arma level of coordination also don't forget that said medic might hop into a IFV (medical module would be good addition to those) at some point but Trauma Kit is good idea as the way to revive players, it would be time consuming but it wold restore 100% hp.

Or carried med backpack could work as trauma kit in that situation so you could just revive players by pressing one button... for certain amount of time ofc.

Finishing bodyshots/ headshots and explosions should be deadly and player can be revived only once per life(?) and also you can finish of wounded players in 1-2 body shots with AR.

• Thanks 1

Statistically the chances in real combat from combat is lowish with a grain of salt, as long as the casualty has a quick reaction on the field and gets med evac. now there is no fast recovery in real life but this is a game and if we wanted even half way realistic game-play ill refer you guys to ARMA 3. I love the game for the extra hard core stlye in a way but i also kinda want to have fun and this WILL encourage slightly more team work. and give another role on the battlefield.  Again many things to consider here, for example if u got shot with a 105 mm tank shell the odds of you living even if u got shot in the tow, or even besides you, the shrapnel and concussion would most likely kill you. But most of combat related injurious is a gunshot would or shrapnel wounding you, sometimes unconsciousness. Instead of saying they are "Killed" they could be "unconscious" or "downed but not out". Depending on many factors like what damage they received, how long they are "unconscious" / DbNO, and a few other factors, as well as allow the enemy to "Confirm a kill". If you really think you didn't finish the job you should be able "double tap" to say. Many games disregard this very important concept. This would make medics Think about there own lives more and also think about even if they can make it to you before your a confirmed death. should also be a mechanic for medics to have to check body and see where patient was shot. And for the love of thanos dont make it a instant revive with full health. Make it take time and have a risk of failing. 

The reason I dont want revive has nothing to do with not wanting arcade or having the game more realistic.

Revives would turn the game into a ring around the medic game where if you kill someone all that effort meant nothing and you would have to kill the dude again.

If a squad loses enough people then it should become combat ineffective. No need to give them hand outs for dying.

What if you are getting camped but you finally manage to kill that one player of a couple keeping you from progressing. Only to have his squad revive him.

You can spawn pretty near to your squad most times or on the squad leader so it is not needed.

Reviving would be aids because people are expecting you to spend your time to revive them instead of having fun and you would have to deal with lots of zombies.

The only issue I see is that the squad leader dies then the squad gets all split up but that can be solved with a squad leader spawn system not a revive system that would hurt the game mechanically.

Have the squad leader be able to spawn on either two squad members that are near each other when their are no other squad members alive or on three squad members that are near each other if 4 squad members are alive. Or have it attached to the streak system points for the squad leader to give up some points to spawn on squad mates in a group as well.

Times can be longer for this so the enemy has a chance to wipe out a squad. Have the time short enough that its better to spawn like this then to run form a point but long enough that it isn't broken to the point a squad cant become combat ineffective after losses.

• Like 1

No, if I kill three members of a squad, including their leader, and die to the last one, they shouldn't be able to come back to life on the spot.

Being able to spawn on a squad leader offers similar benefits to the revive system with the caveat that the leader needs to be kept alive at all costs, I don't think reviving is needed as well.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cral said:

Being able to spawn on a squad leader offers similar benefits to the revive system with the caveat that the leader needs to be kept alive at all costs, I don't think reviving is needed as well.

I'm totally on board with this.

Let me ask this. What do people think of a Separate squad of just medics? or SL being the only ones to revive? would also work well to increase the spawn time if this was all implemented by around 5/10 seconds or so. 

1.Revives Can be only used if you have been not shot in the head (HeadShot) and your Armor has been not harmed that much

2.Chance of Survive When you get shot somewhere else it would be nice getting Knocked Down sometimes and you can only be able to use your pistol or your gadgets if they are available at that amount of time and wait for a revive from your Teamates

i voted for only if vitals are not hit. but even then I still think it would need to be a slow revive, in other words so you cant revive during a firefight

Guys come on, stop this arcade shooter boolshit. :D There are things that make WW3 unique. NOT having revive system is so, so cool that I can't clearly construct my thoughts.

On 10/23/2018 at 7:25 PM, Butta On Tha Pancakes said:

I want to make a simple poll about a revive system. Is this something we want in World War 3?

Hmm, I am not sure yet. You should make another Point like "we have to discuss further". I loved playing as a medic in BF but it is very unrealistic... such a system like in ARMA 3 but that would cost to much time I think.

but what if you cant fully recover because there are bullets inside you or if you are hit by a grenade your legs are blown off