Jump to content
Bobyabk

Sniper Rifles

Recommended Posts

Snipers are fine. The optics need some work tho.

I'm much more excited for DMRs whenever they get added in for a more aggressive playstyle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ¢нуρн3я said:

In RL if a 50 Cal sniper hits your helmet, it rips your head off with the helmet and keeps going. They need to up the .50 cal to automatically kill you regardless of where you get hit, body, leg, head, arm. Because technically the .50 Cal round was made with the intention to disable the enemies vehicles, now its used against combatants. 

Adding this to the game would cause a shit storm, probably why it's not in now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should stick to what has worked for years.

Headshot = Kill

Torso = 2-3 Hits

I already think that the 50 Cal is way too strong. You should not have a weapon that can 1 shot people without doing a headshot in a game like WW3. 

Edited by Schlagerfreund
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Schlagerfreund said:

I think we should stick to what has worked for years.

Headshot = Kill

Torso = 2-3 Hits

I already think that the 50 Cal is way too strong. You should not have a weapon that can 1 shot people without doing a headshot in a game like WW3. 

If you have tier 3 armour you can survive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Loud_Hawk said:

I personally feel that snipers are fine at the moment. 

Really. Dont u think that all the scopes are similar and has no magnification. 

For me. I think scopes sucks thats the reason i posted why sniper rifles are seems nerfed

They need to ad more saturation / contrast to those raticles. They sre thin as thread and pretty much hard to even find the red dot of those scopes in brighter areas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did anybody realize that there is no bullet drop?? Just the bullettracers drop but the actual hitpoint doesnt. That means you never need to aim above the head to actually hit the thead

Edited by revdox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, revdox said:

did anybody realize that there is no bullet drop?? Just the bullettracers drop but the actual hitpoint doesnt. That means you never need to aim above the head to actually hit the thead

Im pretty sure there is. I just experienced it today with a HK416 and Elcan optic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TZoningHard said:

The devs said in this game Adrenalin will make you less effected by suppression. If you are laying down sniping suppression will do more to you then some one up and about all pumped up going. So suppression will do more against some one camping and not moving then a person running around. Suppression so far as I know is only visual and sound effecting not aim.

See, that makes sense.  That is a mechanic that sounds interesting if it is done right.  That is nothing like what Nuro said was going on.

Edited by TrkyTr8r
Misspelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see the Snipers beefed up in any way. There is no Helmet that can stop a .338 or even a .50! Headshot means Headshot means Dead. I would like to see more punch from the snipers, more recoil, more meaty sounds, a heavier looking animation when the soldiers put on a heavy sniper (these things are heavy as fuck!). When you land a headshot I would really like to hear a meaty, mean CRACK/CRUNCH-sound (skull crushed) that give some one a satisfying feeling of a hit. A hit with a sniper should be something special and not landing up shot after shot. Snipers are meant for special situations, not downing the enemy team in seconds. A very special kind of guns - and they should feel that way (look how satisfying a hit with a sniper was in Medal of Honor Warfighter ;))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, db said:

Im pretty sure there is. I just experienced it today with a HK416 and Elcan optic

Lol...there is no HK416 in WW3 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Schlagerfreund said:

I already think that the 50 Cal is way too strong. You should not have a weapon that can 1 shot people without doing a headshot

? you realise you're talking about a 50. BMG right? I mean to put it into perspective; you're saying this bullet shouldn't one shot a person..  the one on the left is a regular Assault Rifle bullet..  To appreciate it's power you should know the TOR's official name IRL is the WKW Wilk Anti-tank rifle lol.. just saying. It's earned it's right to one shot you in the game.. ?

main-qimg-7fc22d81906f627a7110bb7135c334 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Twizted said:

? you realise you're talking about a 50. BMG right? I mean to put it into perspective; you're saying this bullet shouldn't one shot a person..  the one on the left is a regular Assault Rifle bullet..  To appreciate it's power you should know the TOR's official name IRL is the WKW Wilk Anti-tank rifle lol.. just saying. It's earned it's right to one shot you in the game.. ?

main-qimg-7fc22d81906f627a7110bb7135c334 

Gameplay over realism. Not really fun if people are getting easy one shot kills off the body, unless you are ok with cheeseing and like playing unfair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, I'm coming from Squad so I'm used to dying from being shot once ? - You could argue in favour of realism too, because it's such a large bullet the .50 could have reduced ammo storage capacity.. instead of carrying a regular amount of bullets they could limit the ammo so people only use it for it's intended purpose as an Anti-Material Rifle.. disabling optics on tanks/APCs etc

 

edit: i mean obviously people will still use it against infantry but atleast they would have a somewhat limited supply lol

Edited by Twizted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now the TOR carries more ammo then the other bolters, kek. Realsim is good for immersive experiences but not competitive games.

I think its fine-ish right now no need to limit people or make OP weapons with "balance" being limited ammo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Twizted said:

well, I'm coming from Squad so I'm used to dying from being shot once ? - You could argue in favour of realism too, because it's such a large bullet the .50 could have reduced ammo storage capacity.. instead of carrying a regular amount of bullets they could limit the ammo so people only use it for it's intended purpose as an Anti-Material Rifle.. disabling optics on tanks/APCs etc

 

edit: i mean obviously people will still use it against infantry but atleast they would have a somewhat limited supply lol

 

I play a slot of Squad and you can not compare this in regard to Sniper Rifles. 

1. Squad does not have sniper rifles

You get Marksman Rifles, these can not one shot somebody with a body shot. The devs made the active decision not to add traditional sniper rifles to the game, because squad is all about....playing with your squad and not being a lone wolf on a hill or a rooftop.

 

2. One shot kills are rare in Squad

Especially when it comes to body shots. I cant recall ever getting killed or killing somebody with a single body shot in Squad. That also includes things like 30-50. cal. gun emplacements.

 

3. You can get revived in Squad

Unless you take a headshot, you will be able to get revived by a medic. This is not the case in WW3.

 

4. Its harder to hit people in Squad

While WW3 has pretty large maps in comparison to BF and CoD, most engagement ranges are still way shorter than the average firefight in Squad. Guns are generally speaking also harder to use in Squad than in WW3. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Schlagerfreund said:

snip-

Yeah squad makes guns harder to use even beyond what is pratical IRL also since they want to push the game into ta tactical squad game instead of having skilled players being able to frag. tactical games usually do stuff to the guns to make the game more about tactical skill then skill with gun play/aiming. That's why tactical games are also usually low TTK since the gunplay isn't the main focus and they dont want killing others to be challenging like with siege since that game is about using gadgets and other skill then aim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree on that. :)

You still need good mechanical skills to be effective in firefights in Squad. The skills are just different. It is more about careful aim and recoil control. its not about being a snappy boy and giving people headshots in a split-second because you saw one pixel of the head in a doorframe. ?

But yeah, overall you also need a lot of other skills in Squad. Things like being able to find/identify the enemy over longer distances etc. Individual kills are also relatively unimportant for the outcome of a round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 10:02 PM, Bobyabk said:

Hi guyz.

is it me or the sniper rifles really need cramping up. it sucks using these precision rifles. scopes are sucky and has no zoom ability. damage to hit sucks also. it seems like ur shooting with an assault rifle. sniper rifle should have different reticle scopes. and their damage must be beefed up. at this moment these rifles are pretty much nerfed.

Umm, not really in my opinion. While the lack of holding your breath is a bit bad, the damage IF YOU HIT NECK/FACE/GUT compensates for it. I had many encounters where I shot someone on CQC distance and still won the fight due to bullet hitting one of those three areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as far as i can assume, snipers dont have any bulletdrop (yet) - is bad imo and needs to be changed. sniping must require skills otherwise we get another bf1-perma-camping-and-sniping-bullshitgame.

Scopes suck - i cant handle these pseudo scopes, needs an option to change the style of the crosshair.

only bipod-ed sniping should be accurate / while standing works but is worse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cha0sthenerd said:

as far as i can assume, snipers dont have any bulletdrop (yet) - is bad imo and needs to be changed. sniping must require skills otherwise we get another bf1-perma-camping-and-sniping-bullshitgame.

Scopes suck - i cant handle these pseudo scopes, needs an option to change the style of the crosshair.

only bipod-ed sniping should be accurate / while standing works but is worse.

I second ur comment.

Scopes really need veriation. They all seems alike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snipers feel good atm, except 2 things. 

  1.  A headshot with a sniper rilfe caliber would penetrate the helmet and kill its target
  2.  on rare occasions there seems to be a blank loaded into the magazin, because you aim straight on the target but dont get a hit.

 

Otherwise, their balance seems alright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 9:58 PM, Nuro said:

Snipers will soon change to how they are used once the devs add in a system like adrenaline. If you are fighting and on the move your adrenaline will be pumping and your aim will be sharper, but if you are outside the combat and slow down your adrenaline will be low and your aim will be all over the place.

Snipers shouldn't be inside a combat area. There long range. Terrible idea. What they need to do is just limit how many snipers are on the map. 1 sniper per squad but if your in a squad on your own you can't be a sniper. There would be loads of 1 man squads running around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KING-iCoDaa said:

Snipers shouldn't be inside a combat area. There long range. Terrible idea. What they need to do is just limit how many snipers are on the map. 1 sniper per squad but if your in a squad on your own you can't be a sniper. There would be loads of 1 man squads running around. 

Why limit the players thou? That's an unfair thing to do. People like to play sniper so let them play sniper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nuro said:

Why limit the players thou? That's an unfair thing to do. People like to play sniper so let them play sniper.

Because it's just not realistic to have more than 1 sniper in a squad.  

Why's it unfair ? It's a system Tht stops to many snipers on a map, if they dont do something then it'll just become a shit storm of campy players on the bigger more open maps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KING-iCoDaa said:

Because it's just not realistic to have more than 1 sniper in a squad.  

Why's it unfair ? It's a system Tht stops to many snipers on a map, if they dont do something then it'll just become a shit storm of campy players on the bigger more open maps. 

as i wrote: sniping needs to have more skill (bullet drop, wind, stability, bullet velocity, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...