matt2507

[BR] gmail adress not working for the forum registration

DESCRIPTION OF BUG (required: if the possible provide screenshots or video): Gmail adress are not working for the forum registration. I tried 3 times the "resent activation mail" but nothing. I received it instantly on another mail adress. After asking on the Discord, it appears that I'm not the only one having troubles with Gmail.

GAME BUILD ID (required: please go to the game's properties on Steam and find it under the local files tab at the bottom): -

STEPS TO REPRODUCE (required): Create a new forum account with a gmail account and try to validate it.

SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS (required for crash or performance issues): -

CRASH LOG (if any): -

Edited by matt2507
  • Like 1

My account was created with a gmail email. It did take awhile to get the email to verify my account.

Hey Matt, 

I had the same problem but after waiting for two hours I finally got the Email. Maybe you need to wait a little longer :/

Yes, I got mine too like almost one hour later. The mail I got on my other adress mail (orange.fr) was instantaneous so it's still a problem imo.

Edited by matt2507

Actually it does work for me but it doesn't support Gmail aliases.

I tried adding a "+ww3" to create a filter and the verification mail never arrived.

Took few minutes once I removed it.

I was having the same issue with my Gmail address not sending so i hit the change email button and entered my same Gmail again and it sent right away. I don't know if it was Coincidence or not but hopefully this helps someone.

Hello guys, the problem with gmail addresses unfortunately exists.

We are working on a solution. Unfortunately it takes longer than expected to receive the mails.

So far this problem seems to exist only with gmail.

Have you tried a different, non-gmail account to register to the forum? Do you have any feedback on this? Any problems with other providers?

I had to register with an old gmx.de account (waited over 12h for the gmail activation link) and tried changing it to gmail.com in the account settings.
But it's the same system so no conformation mail and don't want to disable my forum account for 12+ hours.

2 hours ago, MaxMaron said:

Hello guys, the problem with gmail addresses unfortunately exists.

We are working on a solution. Unfortunately it takes longer than expected to receive the mails.

So far this problem seems to exist only with gmail.

Have you tried a different, non-gmail account to register to the forum? Do you have any feedback on this? Any problems with other providers?

BTW - I can say that most of temporary mails like 10minutemail are working with little to no wait.
Have not tested for country mails like Onet, WP... so cannot tell about those.

Looks like it's resolved, tried again because I wanted to wait over night but got the mail to my gmail address in seconds.