Flamingo

Poll: Would you want VOIP?

Poll: Would you want VOIP?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want VOIP?

• Yes, Directional Audio and Team / Squad radio.
    • Yes, however Squad radio only.
    • No, just text.

Would you want VOIP? Personally, I would like a system where it's like directional audio in-game and team/squad radio. Hard to code but could be very cool.

• Like 5

Squad voice chat only would be ideal. Ive won countless games in BF being the best squad due to this. You can change the tide of the game with just a single squad doing work.

• Like 4

Would love to see squad voice chat at some point.

I wouldn't care that much but I would prefer if they left directional voice chat out. In my experience, games that implement this feature just end up having people trash talk the other team or to mic spam for a medic.

• Like 2

Squad voice would be great. 
There is a lack of communication at the moment.

• Like 1

VOIP is critical in a first person team based game. I was shocked that it was not included (although I know this is alpha). You cannot effectively communicate with your team through text. Especially when you have to STOP playing to enter chat. If you have to give a tactical command "He's in the building at 340, in the first floor window", thats a difference of 3 seconds and 15 seconds. 

I believe this game would flounder quickly if VOIP is not introduced.

• Like 2

maybe a system where theres open chat within a squad but only the squad lead can talk to other squad leads / commander (a chain of command) and make all outside squad chat sound like your really talking on a radio, I think that would be cool

Edited by DEADSHOT_JOKER
  • Like 1

I'm not a big fan of this VOIP story anymore.
Text chat is fine because it requires effort to do - being able to swear and be mean by just holding down a key and saying awful things is too easy for some.

If we really wanna voice chat, we can use TeamSpeak/Discord etc.

Just IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, medicnick83 said:

I'm not a big fan of this VOIP story anymore.
Text chat is fine because it requires effort to do - being able to swear and be mean by just holding down a key and saying awful things is too easy for some.

If we really wanna voice chat, we can use TeamSpeak/Discord etc.

Just IMO.

So its better to just outsource and have 3rd party software when the game should have it included? thats like buying a car, but if you want a radio, you'll need to bring one from home and install it yourself. The game is simply not complete without the feature.

• Like 1

Just now, Forte said:

So its better to just outsource and have 3rd party software when the game should have it included? thats like buying a car, but if you want a radio, you'll need to bring one from home and install it yourself. The game is simply not complete without the feature.

So long there is a option to turn it off and I think it should be OFF by default.

I don't want peoples TOXICITY in my life in this game.

I've only managed to play 1 round of the game and because I shot a team mate (accidently) I was called horrible names by 1 player.
I know that's normal, but still.

VOIP is kind of a must have for coordinated team work, comms broken into a Squad leader channel (Accessible to SL's only), squad channel, and proximity channel seems like the best way to negate people talking over each other

• Like 2

Inter-squad communication is key for games like this. Even having 3 guys coordinating smoke and flashbang pushes can clear an objective pretty easily. Of course, there should definitely be a mute button somewhere as well, for those who aren't chatty or don't want to deal with salty individuals.

I vote VOIP! Its nice to communicate with people, It would boost the effort to use more teamwork instead of being a lone wolf which isn't to hard to do in this game. 

VOIP is most definitely a requirement, and Squad / Team / Squad Leader chat is certainly doable. "SQUAD" does this perfectly where Squad and SL voip is map wide but Team is location based and directional. It does take on liberty though in that only YOUR team can hear you.

Definitely proximity + radio VOIP in-game. I need to be able to scream at my dumb teammates that do not PTFO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love how people say that 3rd party software also works. How can you talk to a squadmate on discord or mumble that is not in the same channel. Battlefield 3 also had that problem, but they solved it in Battlefield 4. (Not sure if it works correct in BF V. Had some problems in that one.)

If you want to make a Tactical game were the squad/Team works together, you need ingame VoIP. If you want to make a run and gun like Call of Duty, you are good without the VoIP or just Discord/Mumble/Teamspeak.

I hope for at least Squad and everything above that is a big plus.

Edited by MedicNL

For those complaining about Toxic Player behaviour. Take a look at SQUAD, or even better. ArmA Radio Mods (ACRE, TFAR).

The point here is - VOIP ingame Chat can be very different.
I would love to have a System like Task Force Arrowhead Radio. If it's too hard to code, maybe F51 could Team up with Teamspeak to bring native TS Support.
That would be my wet dream.

I think, for now WW3 has the same problem like Battlefield and maybe some more. There is no Teamplay. Everyone is running around like Roaches if you turn on the light. Which takes a lot of fun. And afaik WW3 should be a bit more tactical than Battlefield.

so voip isn't coming?  isn't that a must for this type of game?  even fortnite has it.  not everyone has people to play with on discord.

VOIP in games is usually poorly implemented, or in the case of many EA games you can't mute certain people or turn it off (origin voice)  Teamspeak pretty much serves its purpose for this,

I voted " No, just text. " but not because i don't want VOIP, i have no  problem if there is VOIP in the game but i don't want that it will be essential to play like in SQUAD.

I can't use headphones (long story and three surgeries on my left ear) and for me means to be cut-off from the game.

What i like of this game (and i'm not the only one) is that is a middle way between Battlefield and SQUAD, not too arcade but not a mil-sim, make it VOIP centric means cut-off a big piece of the community.

I agree with most of you, VOIP is a MUST, at least squad comms... I'm so used to this from R6, that it has become something necessary... but again, it should give you the OPTION to turn it OFF or to mute some players if they're toxic or just you don't like their voice :P

• Like 1