Cloak

Plz don't add flir/nvg optics

I feel like FLIR would be good on vehicles if they're trying to imitate real life combat, but with how some maps are darker than others and also how  they will eventually add maps that will be pitch black it would be useful to have the option.

no no i don't want another bf4, the op optics were the things i hate most of that game, you don't have to use your eyes it's to easy spotting someone and flanking is impossible.

2 minutes ago, Elecctricc said:

I feel like FLIR would be good on vehicles if they're trying to imitate real life combat, but with how some maps are darker than others and also how  they will eventually add maps that will be pitch black it would be useful to have the option.

• Like 2

On the world map there are some cities on the night side, maybe im jumping ahead of myself but playing at night would be awesome.

• Like 4

I have a pulsar XP 50 und limke Keiler 13  thermal optic, and I like to see things like this in game. 

The real thermal devices have much less resolution (640x480 and this is one of the top sensors), so the image is not so clear like it was in BF3. And it hase to calibrate every few minutes.

Also you have a really reduced field of view and it is blinding the eye in the night.

So you can quit easy balance it with a small files of view( the rest of the picture would be black or even nearly), with poor resolution ( no nametags over the enemy's) and a few seconds for calibration every minute.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Oneill said:

I have a pulsar XP 50 und limke Keiler 13  thermal optic, and I like to see things like this in game. 

The real thermal devices have much less resolution (640x480 and this is one of the top sensors), so the image is not so clear like it was in BF3. And it hase to calibrate every few minutes.

Also you have a really reduced field of view and it is blinding the eye in the night.

So you can quit easy balance it with a small files of view( the rest of the picture would be black or even nearly), with poor resolution ( no nametags over the enemy's) and a few seconds for calibration every minute.

Maybe if they gonna had some night  maps, an optic like the one you described wouldn't be op like in bf

15 hours ago, Cloak said:

Please don't add flir/nvg optics, like in battlefield 4?

Wait. Do you mean on infrantry or on vehicles?

You already have access to thermal/night vision on the tanks. It would be nice to see them on BMPs for example.

But on infrantry tho... it would be hard to balance and implement. At least in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, VenenaMedicus said:

Wait. Do you mean on infrantry or on vehicles?

You already have access to thermal/night vision on the tanks. It would be nice to see them on BMPs for example.

But on infrantry tho... it would be hard to balance and implement. At least in my opinion.

I mean everywhere i don't like it neither in the vehicles,because you can spot more easily the infantry and it's not fair.

Just now, Cloak said:

I mean everywhere i don't like it neither in the vehicles,because you can spot more easily the infantry and it's not fair.

Aaaand then you remember that infrantry can mark vehicles and soldiers just like in Battlefield games... yeah.

Though it may seem unfair, you shouldn't allow the enemy tank to engage you in first place. Welp.

1 minute ago, VenenaMedicus said:

Aaaand then you remember that infrantry can mark vehicles and soldiers just like in Battlefield games... yeah.

Though it may seem unfair, you shouldn't allow the enemy tank to engage you in first place. Welp.

The point is that you have to always carry an rpg or c4 IN CASE you encounter a tank/apc if you wanna try to fight back, so you are forced to switch your loadout like in bf and i don't want this! The tanks should be a support for the infantry in this game not an op armored god vehicle, and what's the point of marking a tank if he's camping in front of B2 and you have nothing to deal with it??

I agree. Definitely NO! for IRNV. Nightvision is ok but its usable at night only.  At day time  it should be bright as hell like in Insurgency game. All of this ** ruined  skill and fun in  BF4 IMO and it could do this with this great game.

Edited by kmax1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just because Bf4 has it done wrong, this game has not to do the same issue. If the implants it correctly and like a real one, there is no problem.

You have to know how this things work. 

The have not one level that says this is hot and this is cold. The program in the device try to bring that what the sensors sees in relation. If you look to a fire an there tree behind, fire is hot(white ) and the tree is cold. If you look at the sky, the tree is hot and the sky cold. If you look just at the sky , the clouds seems to be hot.

In the maps we already have, so many fires an hot places. Players would not all time be highlighted, same times the thermal view show as cold. 

And glad reflect the heat, you can't look through it. If you look at Glas you see your self, like in a mirror.

Also every thermal device with lager lenses like 25 or 50mm has to be focused by hand, like a old camera without auto fokus. If you have one this a small lense, you have no good view at distance. My small Keiler 13 with 13mm lense, only has 1.1 magnification. And you can see a standard person at about 50m clear, all over that you only see that's there same thing , but not what it is . 

• Like 1

No thermal, never thermal it just ruins games. Tanks will never miss anyone clever enough to hide, snipers will always see anybody trying to take cover from them. Night vision could be ok but only if its a face accessory and not a scope.

• Like 2

Mostly don't want NVG because looking through them is ugly and robs the world of colour, i would quit out of a match if i knew it was going to consist of half an hour of green if i don't want to handicap myself.

Always resented it in Arma, especially because the lighting and effects were so much more beautiful at night.

Edited by Noosa

On 10/24/2018 at 1:04 AM, Oneill said:

I think if they implemented this optiks its  mandatory 100% to limited it thus  even more.... its serios problem in BF 4 every nob shoot as US soldier in WWR 3 say (spray and pray) and it's beneficial for flirs optics in BF 4 DICE dry to fix it by limit the scope magnification and range you can see tru after some range you see only black light very poor try.

On 10/24/2018 at 12:04 AM, Oneill said:

Done right, this may actually work.

On 10/23/2018 at 9:54 PM, Snake XT said:

On the world map there are some cities on the night side, maybe im jumping ahead of myself but playing at night would be awesome.

This game has to have a night map(s), If done right.  If you're not using Thermals, then the night should be night, interiors should be pitch unless moon lit but then you'll get the ppl that turn up their gamma settings...Ah well, maybe a mechanism that  disables gamma changes on night maps perhaps? I dunno, maybe too draconian? ?

We have then already in tanks ingame. 

If you don't want thermals as scopes, so why not as a observation devise? There a a few carried on the head like normal night vision. But you can't aim with them, not through scopes or reddots ( glass ). So you see in the dark, but you have to aim the old-fashioned way.

By the way, a reddots is really good visible in the night, the little led with project it on the Lens is easy to see.

Flir/IRNV are okay for vehicles, that's realistic, but don't put them on as scopes, so yeah I agree. One of the worst parts of BF4 were the FLIR/IRNV snipers and dmrs. 

And why would we not want night vision or flir for the infantry?

Thinking that the battle is happening in the future and soldiers are more and more equipped with sensors and optics that relay and give information about the battlefield and you don't want more optics. Why?

Balance reasons. It look like most of the players here have a traumatic experience with it... 

I don't understand it, but I don't played Bf4 so hard, only BF3 and there was ist ok after a patch.

But you are right, even hunters are equipped with thermal device, the cost between 900- 5000€.