Sign in to follow this  
Paladin Drake

Tweak canted iron and red dot and an additional sight

When switching to a secondary sight, in the current build, you bring your eye to the sight. This blocks out most if not all of the left hand side of the screen, disallowing you to see anything unless you lean left. I suggest altering that function by making the character rotate the gun to the left, effectively and efficiently bringing the sight to the eye, as that is how it is actually done.
First picture illustrates my problem, cant see anything on the left, whereas the second picture provides clarity on the situational awareness.
The new optic suggestion would be something along the lines of a Aimpoint T-1 or T-2 a nice micro red dot, Vortex would work too.

Current secondary.jpg

Future secondary.jpg

Edited by Paladin Drake
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This could work, but it could mess with realism and gun mechanics. Default muzzle breaks on combat rifles are designed to allow an upward force of recoil, they would have to ensure, in a realism sense, that the recoil would stay in line with the gun, and not stay vertical with the map. Other than that, I see that being effective 

• Haha 1

I have a muzzle brake on my AR-15 and it doesnt affect now the gun recoils in your grip. If it were suspended in Zero-G maybe it would, so long as you are holding your rifle, it doesnt change.

• Thanks 1

On a civilian AR that may be true, but on combat issued rifles, the muzzle break is designed to act accordingly, not only directing force upwards, but also shedding the amount of air pressure shot downwards if you're in a prone position, making less dust fly into the shooter's field of vision. 

There is 0 difference between the gas pressures and how they are released on a GI rifle in comparison to a civilian rifle. 
The one thing you definitely have right is that dust and debris sucks if you're laying down and rotate your rifle. But I think it could add a cool mechanic that most games dont have. Prone makes you more accurate but unless you choose your spot wisely, your vision will be obstructed by dust and debris with each shot.

Edited by Paladin Drake
  • Like 2

On some more research, I think my range instructors taught me bullshit on recoil. Boots. 

I think you're right.

• Like 1

Don't just take my word for it, though. There is only one true way to find out all of the pros and cons of each shooting position. Try them out, right down what you like and don't like, then post it in the forums for future updates. Making this game as real and fun as possible is one of my goals here and I'm willing to post data and research backing it up if necessary. 

+1 for this great idea.... i dislike it too that i cant see shit with the secondary sight....

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this