Jump to content
Zacapa

As unlikely as it seems, these settings boosted my FPS significantly

Recommended Posts

38yxelu0s0u11.thumb.png.7e92f7435bdea9468d0a951efb711f6d.png

This is also with "One thread frame lag" enabled.

My specs are: GTX 980, i7 4790k @4.00GHz and 16GB ram.

Proof that it has worked for others can be found on the reddit post I made here: 

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this helped solve my stuttering problem, cause i would get high fps (80-100) but would get drops into 40's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not uncommon that some games will run "better" on higher settings. Its often the case that the game is shifting the load to the GPU on those settings. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ezura25 said:

oh holy crap, this actually worked!! thanks!!!

Glad it worked! What kinda fps gains or stability did you see an improvement of? (Just genuinely interested)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was having some fps issues like the others, where it just skips like a slideshow, but since ur settings helped me out greatly, im playing very smoothly from start to finish!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ezura25 said:

i was having some fps issues like the others, where it just skips like a slideshow, but since ur settings helped me out greatly, im playing very smoothly from start to finish!

Glad it could help! 🤘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder about the effects setting, cause i recongnized that effects on low gave me more fps. Maybe its different caombined with the other settings you posted. But post processing is awfull, have to turn that down, cause this makes everything way to blurry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Gutshot said:

Wonder about the effects setting, cause i recongnized that effects on low gave me more fps. Maybe its different caombined with the other settings you posted. But post processing is awfull, have to turn that down, cause this makes everything way to blurry

I got a fair amount of decrease in performance when I turned post processing down, same with effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zacapa said:

38yxelu0s0u11.thumb.png.7e92f7435bdea9468d0a951efb711f6d.png

This is also with "One thread frame lag" enabled.

My specs are: GTX 980, i7 4790k @4.00GHz and 16GB ram.

Proof that it has worked for others can be found on the reddit post I made here: 

 

Of course that it boost your FPS,”TEXTURES”(which is the most important thing in GPU load) is set on low....

Edited by Skyzed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skyzed said:

Of course that it boost your FPS,”texture”(which is the most important thing in GPU load) is set on low....

Hi Skyzed,

I spent a pretty long time messing around with every possible setting and the three settings that I put on low all heavily decreased performance when put on higher settings. All 3 seemed to reduce the FPS by roughly the same amount (in increments of 15-25).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange. I am using:
CPU: AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G (4CPUs), ~3,7GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 4GB
RAM: 16 GB

I have put a cap on the fps in the settings at 60. All setting on Medium and there is no problem loading the game. Of course the first second or so it freezes the game when I load in a map, but that is just for the rending. After that I don't have any problems with my FPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zacapa said:

Hi Skyzed,

I spent a pretty long time messing around with every possible setting and the three settings that I put on low all heavily decreased performance when put on higher settings. All 3 seemed to reduce the FPS by roughly the same amount (in increments of 15-25).

That because this game is more CPU side in current state 

I have I7 2700k,GTX 970 and I can run everything on ULTRA without problem.I get around 130 FPS in all maps ,no stutterings at all

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skyzed said:

That because this game is more CPU side in current state 

I have I7 2700k,GTX 970 and I can run everything on ULTRA without problem.I get around 130 FPS in all maps ,no stutterings at all

 

Never said it isn't, most games nowadays are heavily CPU dependent, WW3 being one of them.

I'm simply just posting my findings that helped me (and now many others) gain a lot of FPS and fixing some stuttering issues that some players had. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zacapa said:

Never said it isn't, most games nowadays are heavily CPU dependent, WW3 being one of them.

I'm simply just posting my findings that helped me (and now many others) gain a lot of FPS and fixing some stuttering issues that some players had. :) 

Yes i know!...glad that you helped with your settings!,but how the game look with textures set on low?...i will try later out of curiosity 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skyzed said:

Yes i know!...glad that you helped with your settings!,but how the game look with textures set on low?...i will try later out of curiosity 😉

Honestly, I didn't notice much of a difference (My go to game settings are everything low/off with textures on high, to not make everything look like a potato) but I haven't had a problem with these settings aesthetically, game looks beautiful still. However, I would definitely much rather have high+ textures 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Maxy said:

nice thanks!

 

41 minutes ago, Dnsiko said:

Thanks for sharing :)

No worries!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw in another post about set Post-Processing in low. Here you use it in Ultra, did you try it in Low and its better in Ultra as you posted here?

 

Thank you! I gonna try this right now.

 

i3 6100 3.70Ghz, GTX 950 2GB VRAM, 8GB RAM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gacob said:

I saw in another post about set Post-Processing in low. Here you use it in Ultra, did you try it in Low and its better in Ultra as you posted here?

 

Thank you! I gonna try this right now.

 

i3 6100 3.70Ghz, GTX 950 2GB VRAM, 8GB RAM.

Hey gacob,

Yes I have tried every combination possible. Setting post-processing to low decreased my FPS. Feel free to try tweak the settings around to see what works best for your build, but this worked best for myself and a few other people :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zacapa said:

38yxelu0s0u11.thumb.png.7e92f7435bdea9468d0a951efb711f6d.png

This is also with "One thread frame lag" enabled.

My specs are: GTX 980, i7 4790k @4.00GHz and 16GB ram.

Proof that it has worked for others can be found on the reddit post I made here: 

What resolution are u using?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...