Sin

First shooter you ever played?

Oh man first shooter, it's either Call of Duty 4 or Unreal Tournament, I can't remember which I played first :D 

Battlefield 1942 in 2002. STILL a great game. Wish they’d do a remaster or at least remake the maps with today’s technology and mapping. Imagine a true omaha or market garden, or any of those great maps.

My first FPS was Call of Duty 1 on the PC. It still remains as one of my favorite shooters of all time due to the story and how difficult it was on the harder modes. Keep in mind that this was back when Call of Duty had health bars and you were one-hit-killed by rifles on the hardest difficulty with no health pickups.

I followed it up with Star Wars Battlefront 2 on my old PS2, which is still one of the best-written games I've seen in a long time. I actually can't remember which came first, so I will have to say both.

My very first ones were Doom, Unreal Tournament (1999), Half-Life and Counter-Strike 1.5

But I also have very fond memories of the first Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Star Wars: Battlefront and GTA which came out a bit later.

Edited by DELTA38

49 minutes ago, DELTA38 said:

My very first ones were Doom, Unreal Tournament (1999), Half-Life and Counter-Strike 1.5

But I also have very fond memories of the first Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Star Wars: Battlefront and GTA which came out a bit later.

UT99 is life man. I was still playing UT2k4 up until 2016. Shame that series kind of died out. The one in alpha is meh at most. 

On 10/24/2018 at 3:17 AM, Sin said:

What was the first FPS you can remember playing? For me, it was UT99. That's the game that started it all for me. Wish EPIC would stop making kids games, and put more focus into the Unreal Tournament series again. 

Nothing beats trans-fragging someone in mid jump in UT 99 :D,played that game to death and sometimes reload it and don't even start about redeemer madness.Also loved playing Doom,Half-Life 1 & 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lordclaw said:

Nothing beats trans-fragging someone in mid jump in UT 99 :D,played that game to death and sometimes reload it and don't even start about redeemer madness.Also loved playing Doom,Half-Life 1 & 2.

Oh man, good fuckin times man! Half-Life is probably one of my all time singleplayer game series. Tho I have little faith that 3 will ever be a thing now. :(

• Like 1

First shooter was Doom/Quake (not sure). First online shooter was Delta Force by Novalogic. That was on a 28.8 modem.?

Gunship 2000 (Win95/98) ?  I was more into flight sims (Janes).

Then it was Quake and Half-Like, but my first serious milsim shooters were Operation Flashpoint and Rainbow Six (Red Storm).

Online: "Joint Operations Typhoon Rising" (Novalogic engine). That was one hell of a online game! SOCOM 2 PS/2.

Red

Edited by RedOneAlpha

On 10/25/2018 at 8:20 PM, Lordclaw said:

UT99 Instagib 4evah!!!!!!!!!

Favourite map was from 2004 though - Morpheous

Related image

• Like 1