TLFTYS

Adding a Minimap, players thoughts.

I'm curious to see how many players would like a Minimap implemented into the game. 

Along with the minimap add a tagging system similar to battlefield 4, which shows the enemy you tagged on the minimap for a short period of time. 

This is a tactical shooter right? 

This will add tactics, so your thought? 

• Like 1

Minimap is activated when a soldier activates UAV. Otherwise its hidden, and this is how it should be. Also spotting BF-style would ruin a lot of the hardcore stuff that makes this game better than arcade shooters.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, harconjj said:

Minimap is activated when a soldier activates UAV. Otherwise its hidden, and this is how it should be. Also spotting BF-style would ruin a lot of the hardcore stuff that makes this game better than arcade shooters.

Going by that logic, shouldn't the BP be removed along with friendly indicators? 

Because neither of those are hardcore game element either? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TLFTYS said:

Going by that logic, shouldn't the BP be removed along with friendly indicators? 

Mini-map is kinda old now and i like that its gone the BP and the perks are used as tactical advantages and oh, you can remove all the HUD elements if you want so removing the player indicators is already in game.

3 minutes ago, TLFTYS said:

Never said that. :) I think friendly indicators in game are a good thing, especially since friendly fire is enabled by default. Even with friendly indicators on I see a lot of accidents happen. 
If we went full hardcore, it should be a separate game mode. I was addressing minimap which is kind of... meh. UAV enabling minimap and marking enemies inside a designated area is cool by me.

19 minutes ago, Nuro said:

Mini-map is kinda old now and i like that its gone the BP and the perks are used as tactical advantages and oh, you can remove all the HUD elements if you want so removing the player indicators is already in game.

Didn't know you can turn it off- I'm still not entirely convinced that it can be considered old- even if it isn't used to see enemies, it is useful for seeing where you are going, without having to open the map, obscuring your vision, don't you think? 

1 minute ago, TLFTYS said:

Didn't know you can turn it off- I'm still not entirely convinced that it can be considered old- even if it isn't used to see enemies, it is useful for seeing where you are going, without having to open the map, obscuring your vision, don't you think? 

Hmmmm not really? since any direction can lead you to a capture point unless you are heading out of bounds which is easy to work out if you are but personally i don't think a mini map is needed for the maps, if however the game had a huge map like GTA then yeah, a mini map would be needed.

22 minutes ago, harconjj said:

Never said that. :) I think friendly indicators in game are a good thing, especially since friendly fire is enabled by default. Even with friendly indicators on I see a lot of accidents happen. 
If we went full hardcore, it should be a separate game mode. I was addressing minimap which is kind of... meh. UAV enabling minimap and marking enemies inside a designated area is cool by me.

Not arguing, I just find it interesting that a modern tactical shooter, would remove one of the most useful of tactical displays, being a Minimap. Even if I can't see the enemies on it, it takes the place of the large map, which obscures the vision of the player, and it makes transvering easier. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuro said:

Hmmmm not really? since any direction can lead you to a capture point unless you are heading out of bounds which is easy to work out if you are but personally i don't think a mini map is needed for the maps, if however the game had a huge map like GTA then yeah, a mini map would be needed.

I see your point- but look at it this way. 

I'm playing with my brother, we like sticking together, it helps us stay alive and makes capturing points easier. 

It often happens that we need to split up, so we can flank an objective, so I need to stop, open my map, see whether or not we can move in that direction. Then I get killed because I had to stop and open a big, obscuring map. 

If I had a Minimap, I could easily still look around me, protect myself and still know where my brother is exactly. 

That, for me is tactics- running around just shooting is an arcade shooter like Call of Duty. 

1 minute ago, TLFTYS said:

That, for me is tactics- running around just shooting is an arcade shooter like Call of Duty. 

COD also has a mini map thou???

Just now, Nuro said:

COD also has a mini map thou???

Yes, like most shooters, due to it being a useful HUD display that helps the player without giving unfair advantage. 

9 minutes ago, TLFTYS said:

Not arguing, I just find it interesting that a modern tactical shooter, would remove one of the most useful of tactical displays, being a Minimap. Even if I can't see the enemies on it, it takes the place of the large map, which obscures the vision of the player, and it makes transvering easier. 

Yeah we have different views on this but we're all friends here. :) I just saw a thread in which a suggestion was made, that squadleader could pinpoint locations (much like orders) for squad members on the main map (M). And I mean more than just the ping you can do per map point right now. This is a good idea in terms of promoting teamplay, and I see it would make minimap even more useless for me. Also minimap is in so many games, spotting is in so many games making life hell for snipers for example who crave privacy. I'd like to see a game where sneaking is actually possible. :) But I digress... 

Edited by harconjj
My own blindness.
  • Like 1

Just now, TLFTYS said:

Yes, like most shooters, due to it being a useful HUD display that helps the player without giving unfair advantage. 

But you can't really use tactics as a reason to have one then use COD as a bad example of a game which has the mechanic you are asking for.  The devs left it out for a reason, and i believe they wanted the game to be more hardcore in a sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nuro said:

But you can't really use tactics as a reason to have one then use COD as a bad example of a game which has the mechanic you are asking for.  The devs left it out for a reason, and i believe they wanted the game to be more hardcore in a sense.

I understand- I only used COD as an example of a Arcade shooter, not as a comparison between gameplay types. 

I still feel that the game could benefit from a Minimap, but I respect your views. 

Thank you for leaving a reply. 

Just now, TLFTYS said:

I understand- I only used COD as an example of a Arcade shooter, not as a comparison between gameplay types. 

I still feel that the game could benefit from a Minimap, but I respect your views. 

Thank you for leaving a reply. 

Ah no issues, i believe the dev's also said that if the community started to ask questions about it and request it they would look to add it back in, you never know...one day....

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, harconjj said:

Yeah we have different views on this but we're all friends here. :) I just saw a thread in which a suggestion was made, that squadleader could pinpoint locations (much like orders) for squad members on the main map (M). And I mean more than just the ping you can do per map point right now. This is a good idea in terms of promoting teamplay, and I see it would make minimap even more useless for me. Also minimap is in so many games, spotting is in so many games making life hell for snipers for example who crave privacy. I'd like to see a game where sneaking is actually possible. :) But I digress... 

You are right, we do share different views about the game. 

Is still feel that a Minimap can be a great addition to the game, and if it can be toggled it shouldn't be a problem for you? 

It is in all honesty just a preference which I really wished the game had. 

But if its a toggle on/off kind of thing... Why give others an advantage I'd deny myself? :) Of course I'd just use minimap too. Right now, as you can activate it via UAV, is sufficient for me.

1 hour ago, TLFTYS said:

I'm curious to see how many players would like a Minimap implemented into the game. 

Along with the minimap add a tagging system similar to battlefield 4, which shows the enemy you tagged on the minimap for a short period of time. 

You see, minimap works differently. It is activated when one of your teammates uses an UAV. You can also bring the full map to get a grip of your possible routes and plans.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VenenaMedicus said:

You see, minimap works differently. It is activated when one of your teammates uses an UAV. You can also bring the full map to get a grip of your possible routes and plans.

I understand how it works and how they want to to be. 

I just personally wish that their could be a constant minimap, if you read the previous replies I made, you can see why I would like there to be a constant minimap. 

But thanks for replying. 

Edited by TLFTYS

19 minutes ago, harconjj said:

But if its a toggle on/off kind of thing... Why give others an advantage I'd deny myself? :) Of course I'd just use minimap too. Right now, as you can activate it via UAV, is sufficient for me.

I appreciate your time for replying om this matter. 

I am of course happy that you are enjoying the game and I wish you the best experience possible. 

I kinda like the idea of a minimap, but I don't like the idea of seeing tagged enemies on the minimap.

I feel like if there was to be a minimap, it should be solely for navigation and seeing where your teammates are.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Elif said:

I kinda like the idea of a minimap, but I don't like the idea of seeing tagged enemies on the minimap.

I feel like if there was to be a minimap, it should be solely for navigation and seeing where your teammates are.

Either way would be great, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

7 minutes ago, Elif said:

i am right with you... maybe even a little see trough

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Elif said:

Thats what i also thought. I would like to know where exactly my teammates are without tabbing out to see the complete map.

9 hours ago, TLFTYS said:

To be honest. So far, its not acting like a tectical shooter. 😛

• Like 1