TLFTYS

Adding a Minimap, players thoughts.

I enjoy the minimap being tied to a deployed UAV. In other games you would be too dependent on the minimap and would look at it rather than the surroundings. I enjoy the added immersion :)

• Like 2

I rather like it how it is and tagging wouldn't be a good thing. It's fun when sniping to see movement and go, "is that an enemy?" Fire off a shot it turns out to be nothing. Or vice versa where you get a kill. Very satisfying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AussieScotsman said:

tagging wouldn't be a good thing

you can already tag people, as the guy above you said press X to mark your targets etc shows a 3D icon in front of you and a mark on map.. I like it how it is atm too though; even with tagging.. as for the whole minimap argument in general. If your team was to utilise their UAV abilities constantly your minimap wouldn't disappear at all.. I've had games where my team has been really fluid in using their UAVs and there was more or less a constant minimap on screen.. felt dirty seeing all those red dots though, not tactical at all lol; it was just a massacre.. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twizted said:

you can already tag people, as the guy above you said press X to mark your targets etc shows a 3D icon in front of you and a mark on map.. I like it how it is atm too though; even with tagging.. as for the whole minimap argument in general. If your team was to utilise their UAV abilities constantly your minimap wouldn't disappear at all.. I've had games where my team has been really fluid in using their UAVs and there was more or less a constant minimap on screen.. felt dirty seeing all those red dots though, not tactical at all lol; it was just a massacre.. ?

ok lol i didn't know you could tag people. whoops :P

• Like 1

yeah i discovered it accidentally LOL.. tried to go prone in a hurry and tagged the guy instead, got myself killed but got points for tagging him and someone else killed him ?

• Like 1

Add one with an option to hide it.

Pressing 'M' shows a map anyway, so why not have a minimap for those that like to read what their team is doing constantly. Because right now, its near impossible. Its just bump into someone and run along with them.

It would be better if when activating the UAV it would close the computer thing you use a little quicker, not sure if it's just a bit buggy or not, just takes a bit long and you're very vulnerable.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone that replied on this topic- a rough estimate between comments tell me that most players would rather not have a minimap implemented into the game and feels it is unnecessary. Although I firmly disagree, this is what the player base wants. 

Thanks for commenting.