RabbidWallaby

Sorry, gotta have some loadout restrictions.

I don't mind people sniping but Battlefield did turn more into Sniperfield and when people are then allowed to run around with a sniper rifle and an rpg it just completely ruins it for me. This based on weight thing just doesn't cut it and can guarantee that it will definitely run off the player base as they get tired of it.  

• Like 1

Loadout restrictions I believe is coming. They have ingame currency etc already. I believe the reason that everything is unlocked is because firstly, it's EA, so weapons testing... Secondly, then they've had server issues which I believe are mostly fixed now, so progress have not been saved. So once the servers are fully operational then progress will be saved properly etc.

I run around with a Sniper Rifle and RPG sometimes, it's not as bad as you think.. you just need to be more tactical.. Snipers cant shoot fast and most struggle to engage in close range with their high zoom optics etc so you just need to flank them, they have pretty bad situational awareness in most cases they're scanning through their scope looking for the easiest target so it's generally pretty easy to get within grenade range and surprise them with a semtex grenade that sticks ?

Don't run in a straight line. Don't over expose your self. Don't stop moving.

You have to actively try and make it hard for snipers to shoot you. Dont give easy kills

All you weapons can engage snipers at all ranges you would normally encounter them.

The RPG meta does need work but its not that broken compared to how it could be.

9 hours ago, RabbidWallaby said:

I don't mind people sniping but Battlefield did turn more into Sniperfield and when people are then allowed to run around with a sniper rifle and an rpg it just completely ruins it for me. This based on weight thing just doesn't cut it and can guarantee that it will definitely run off the player base as they get tired of it.  

Well, you can equip those two. But you'll be slowed down severely. Everything has it's costs in this game... but you need some limitations so you can't run a .50 cal sniper rifle and a LMG for example. With the heaviest armour.

12 hours ago, RabbidWallaby said:

can guarantee that it will definitely run off the player base as they get tired of it.

Ah, the good old "if you don't to what I want you to, players will leave and the game will diiieeee!"

I really like the weight system. Sure, you can run around with a sniper and an RPG, as well as the maximum armour to protect yourself. But you will be very slow and an easy target for all your opponents. Personally, I like to go for medium weight with less effective armour + SMG and sniper rifle.

I think we dont have any limits right now so we can just check out the ingame stuff. Im pretty sure that when they organise all the server issues and the game is stable they will implement all the game mechanics we are not having atm

When progression and all that is in you will see a lot less of this for a few weeks while everyone is grinding away trying to unlock all the best stuff and by then hopefully there will be some changes to how snipers are used and RPG's as well.

One of the key selling points about this game is that there are no classes or restrictions to what you want to take into battle with you, if you want to take the heavy sniper and a heavy lmg then take it, just don't expect to reload fast, heal and take ammo from bags fast, move fast or get up from jumping fast. 

I think there should be a max weight restriction.

Not only slowing you down when you equip everything you can, but when you reach a weight limit, it won't allow you to equip anything else. This would generate new meta builds. And that would be fun IMO.

Maybe not a loadout restriction (you can't equip X if you already have Y), but based on weight. I know, in the end, it will probably lead to the same, but it's a different approach that won't feel so restrictive.

By looking at the "weight bar" in the bottom of the screen on the loadout menu, we can see that it reaches "max weight" without having to much crazy stuff. And from there on, there is no difference. You are just called "heavy" and you move slower. Maybe in the final build, you can't equip anything else past that "heavy" point?

• Like 1

Agreed. 

I think each weight class that you can see at the moment should have its fix limitations.

1. Light
  2. Medium
  3. Heavy

Gear should have weight values and that should restrict what you can carry without breaking those limits. I would keep it simple and say that each weight range has certain benefits/disadvantages to it. 

11 minutes ago, Schlagerfreund said:

Agreed. 

I think each weight class that you can see at the moment should have its fix limitations.

1. Light
  2. Medium
  3. Heavy

Gear should have weight values and that should restrict what you can carry without breaking those limits. I would keep it simple and say that each weight range has certain benefits/disadvantages to it. 

But then you are just playing into a class role but calling it "weights" instead of class, not what the game is about.

I mean, Sniper Rifle and an RPG, you're gonna be heavy and slow. Sure you'll probably engage in long distance and with Tanks, but as soon as someone flanks and is Close Quarters, basically can't do much. 

50 minutes ago, Schlagerfreund said:

Agreed. 

1. Light
  2. Medium
  3. Heavy

This is basically what is happening now.

The more you equip, the heavier you get, so you change from light to medium to heavy...

Maybe you want to remain light, and carry a heavy weapon. Then maybe you don't carry a secondary weapon to keep the weight down. Restricting certain weapons to certain "weights" it's not the best implementation. Like Nuro said, that just would be normal classes...

The benefits/disadvantages are already there. You can't run as fast if you are heavy. That will result in taking a longer time to go from A to B. And you won't be able to get to cover as fast.

I just ended a game where I was medium and a squad mate (who I didn't know, but we started working together rly well) was heavy. I couldn't sprint because he would be left behind. And that was rly great! I didn't mind waiting for him, because I had the advantage of having someone to suppress or flank the enemy. The way you play in an organized squad will start to change.

My only suggestion, like I said in a post before, is to have a max weight and have people optimize their loadouts.

I would suggest what someone else suggested in a different threat:
A super heavy weight limit where you can't sprint and can only walk, to punish for carrying a TOR, a rocket launcher and the heaviest armour. Instead of just hitting the Heavy limit and going "welp, might as well carry ALL the heaviest shit".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KasperBS said:

I would suggest what someone else suggested in a different threat:
A super heavy weight limit where you can't sprint and can only walk, to punish for carrying a TOR, a rocket launcher and the heaviest armour. Instead of just hitting the Heavy limit and going "welp, might as well carry ALL the heaviest shit".

This would also be fixed if they implemented some form of a stamina system. You want to carry all that shit? Go ahead but you're going to have to catch your breath every other room.