Sharkie

Scorestreak / Strike "LIMIT"

I hopped in an APC at the beginning of the round, got a bunch of frags with it, helped capture pretty much all of the objectives. (Let me brag a little I'm bad at video games xD)
Eventually the enemy team got fed up with me rolling around and blew me up 6 times over lol

I ended up using all my BP to get another APC, but when that got blown up I noticed my next available APC strike was grayed out and said "LIMIT".

Does anyone know why it's limited? It also limited my quadcopter, but not reaper or JDAM. Is that a hard limit on how many vehicles an individual player can spawn per match? Or was it because there were ~2-3 other vehicles already being used?

Yeah I'm sure it's because of other vehicles already on the map. I could be wrong though.

• Like 1

Please tell me that the freaking quad bikes that everyone spawns and abandons don't count towards the vehicle cap 😖

I think there is a general limit and cooldown for call-ins in general. Pretty sure I had like 7000 Points, called in a drone for 500 and I was not able to directly call the next call-in afterwards. 

7 hours ago, Sharkie said:

I hopped in an APC at the beginning of the round, got a bunch of frags with it, helped capture pretty much all of the objectives. (Let me brag a little I'm bad at video games xD)
Eventually the enemy team got fed up with me rolling around and blew me up 6 times over lol

I ended up using all my BP to get another APC, but when that got blown up I noticed my next available APC strike was grayed out and said "LIMIT".

Does anyone know why it's limited? It also limited my quadcopter, but not reaper or JDAM. Is that a hard limit on how many vehicles an individual player can spawn per match? Or was it because there were ~2-3 other vehicles already being used?

It means there are too many killstreaks on the ground/you use them too often I think,

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, VenenaMedicus said:

It means there are too many killstreaks on the ground/you use them too often I think,

I played a bit more, and saw it was limited, but the limit was removed later in the match.
So I think you're right there, just need to wait for fewer vehicles.

2 minutes ago, Sharkie said:

I played a bit more, and saw it was limited, but the limit was removed later in the match.
So I think you're right there, just need to wait for fewer vehicles.

This will mainly go around quads/UAVs and maybe BMPs.

43 minutes ago, VenenaMedicus said:

This will mainly go around quads/UAVs and maybe BMPs.

I've mostly seen quadcopters and APCs limited, which is annoying.
APCs are understandable, because they're a bit OP imo, but quadcopters don't really need a limit.

To prevent strike spam we limited the amount of calls at the same moment.

2 combat vehicles per team.

2 drones (Leviathan and Battle Robot, Loitering Ammo and Quadrocopter) per team.

2 Awareness Strikes (UAV and Jammers) per tema.

2 Long Range Support Strikes (Bombings, Artillery, Airstrikes) per team.

Quad doesn't count.

In the future we may be increasing the total amount, especially for vehicles since we are planning a new game mode, only for vehicles.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Kony said:

To prevent strike spam we limited the amount of calls at the same moment.

Hi Kony !

I have a question for you : When you say "at the same moment", can you tell us more about the delay between two Artillery strike for example ?

In the late game, especially if one team is dominating the other, objectives that are in open areas are constantly under fire with strikes, assuring domination without even defending the objectives directly on point.

1 hour ago, Pierre-Loup346424 said:

Hi Kony !

I have a question for you : When you say "at the same moment", can you tell us more about the delay between two Artillery strike for example ?

In the late game, especially if one team is dominating the other, objectives that are in open areas are constantly under fire with strikes, assuring domination without even defending the objectives directly on point.

Once you use a strike the cooldown applies only to you , other teammates can use it right after your strike. You can communicate to chain the artillery barrages for a longer area denial.

2 minutes ago, Kony said:

Once you use a strike the cooldown applies only to you , other teammates can use it right after your strike. You can communicate to chain the artillery barrages for a longer area denial.

Don't you think it would be interesting to limit the use of airstrikes/artillery to only squad leaders or maybe just by raising the price of it, only squad leaders and very good players could have access to it.

By doing so, the number of strikes would be keep to a reasonnable number and would bring a more tactical experience ?

3 minutes ago, Pierre-Loup346424 said:

Don't you think it would be interesting to limit the use of airstrikes/artillery to only squad leaders or maybe just by raising the price of it, only squad leaders and very good players could have access to it.

By doing so, the number of strikes would be keep to a reasonnable number and would bring a more tactical experience ?

But then you are taking away a massive fundamental part of the game to players that are not good at the game. Imagine being a casual player wanting to get on for an hour and play and drop some bombs only to find out you have to be a squad leader or a really good player to get such high points...what a disappointment. 

By doing that you will cripple a very large portion of the player base.

Edited by Nuro

11 minutes ago, Nuro said:

But then you are taking away a massive fundamental part of the game to players that are not good at the game. Imagine being a casual player wanting to get on for an hour and play and drop some bombs only to find out you have to be a squad leader or a really good player to get such high points...what a disappointment. 

Or it will give him an objective. "I want to use airstrike, I have to improve myself, play with my squad, playing objectives". It helps avoid one sided games by giving people good habits.

Also everybody can be squad leader, you can easily create one squad, have people joining you and giving you a great amount of points without being amazing yourself. 

Edited by Pierre-Loup346424

4 minutes ago, Pierre-Loup346424 said:

Or it will give him an objective. "I want to use airstrike, I have to improve myself, play with my squad, playing objectives". It helps avoid one sided games by giving people good habits.

Also everybody can be squad leader, you can easily create one squad, have people joining you and giving you a great amount of points without being amazing yourself. 

But once there are 4 squads established the chances of you getting anyone in your squad is slim. But again, casual players don't always have friends to play with, i am not casual i play every day for many hours but i also don't have people to play with BUT i am always in the top 3 spots when ever i play because i know what i am doing but the same can't be said for others.

You have always gotta think about other views. I don't think there is anything wrong with how it works now, airstrikes are hardly effective that is unless they change the splash damage to be deal more damage as you can be pretty close and take next to no damage. I don't even use them tbh, i always have quadrocopters as they seem to cause more mayhem than any airstrike.

41 minutes ago, Nuro said:

But once there are 4 squads established the chances of you getting anyone in your squad is slim. But again, casual players don't always have friends to play with, i am not casual i play every day for many hours but i also don't have people to play with BUT i am always in the top 3 spots when ever i play because i know what i am doing but the same can't be said for others.

You have always gotta think about other views. I don't think there is anything wrong with how it works now, airstrikes are hardly effective that is unless they change the splash damage to be deal more damage as you can be pretty close and take next to no damage. I don't even use them tbh, i always have quadrocopters as they seem to cause more mayhem than any airstrike.

Don't you think that the actual system is favorising the games that end by being one sided ? Because I experienced This situation almost each game. 

The winning team have all the objectives, they are pushing you to your spawn, you try to flank and capture a point on the other side of the map with your squad, ennemies realise that you are capping they deny you by launching airstrikes over airstrikes when they are closing the distance or spawning on the closest point. 

There should be a way to balance that in a way you can't use it to keep total supremacy. 

Maybe just by using a global delay instead of an individual one ? "Team, they just called an aistrike, we have a 2 minutes Windows to cap that objective" 

What do you think ? 

ÉDIT : adding This quote from an other thread 

11 minutes ago, Ziogualty said:

I got first place and best score of the game with a whopping 9/21 !

Just because my team followed my orders with good result!

I'm a very average player, to see i can be good at this game even with my actual skill is amazing! :)

Edited by Pierre-Loup346424

ÉDIT : adding This quote from an other thread 

1 hour ago, Ziogualty said:

I got first place and best score of the game with a whopping 9/21 !

Just because my team followed my orders with good result!

I'm a very average player, to see i can be good at this game even with my actual skill is amazing! :)

Getting a team to do just that thou is rare 😂

Don't you think that the actual system is favorising the games that end by being one sided ? Because I experienced This situation almost each game. 

The winning team have all the objectives, they are pushing you to your spawn, you try to flank and capture a point on the other side of the map with your squad, ennemies realise that you are capping they deny you by launching airstrikes over airstrikes when they are closing the distance or spawning on the closest point. 

There should be a way to balance that in a way you can't use it to keep total supremacy. 

Maybe just by using a global delay instead of an individual one ? "Team, they just called an aistrike, we have a 2 minutes Windows to cap that objective" 

What do you think ? 

There are ways to counter this such as the satellite jam that stops you from calling in anything or controlling anything remote, baffled as to how you get it, i think it's a perk on a tank thou?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nuro said:

There are ways to counter this such as the satellite jam that stops you from calling in anything or controlling anything remote, baffled as to how you get it, i think it's a perk on a tank thou?

Oooow, now that you are telling me that... i remember that i saw some jamming drone or something like that available in the killstreak maybe ?

If it's true, it's bringing a layer a complexity i didn't thought about, a way to counter those airstrikes to be called.

Mmh, will have to check this !

Great talk soldier

19 minutes ago, Nuro said:

Getting a team to do just that thou is rare 😂

I personnally love when you hook up with a random dude and play together even when not being in the same squad.

Yesterday i was laughing like crazy because a random and i were trading ammo bags against health packs when following each other in the mall of Warsaw, defending the objectives and covering each other without a single word written.

Is the Dev. team planning on working on the range of damage with the Airstrikes and Artillery . Plus.... are you guys going to work on the Animations of the explosions (the way it looks) because the Mephisto(10000 points) looks like a poof and that need to be a huge explosion and if you are near by but not in the blast radius it should shake the screen at least . #Immersive(ness) The blast radius with these explosion need to be slightly increased. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 10:48 AM, Kony said:

Kony there's a bug with limits however. I've joined the match where entire team were potatoes (so noone had enough points to even dream of spawning vehicle... needless to say I had more points than the next 3 guys behind me combined - poor newbs were stomped into the ground mercilessly) and I was unable to spawn any vehicle or battle robot for the entire match. I can assure you that noone has spawned anything in over the course of entire match.

Also sad reality is you can't communicate shit - because there are no voice commands, no map marking and no VoIP and noone reads the chat anyway. Needless to say, unless you're in pre-made squad and everyone is sitting on Discord, you can't and wont organize anything - people are running around like headless chickens looking for kills. They have zero understanding of how to play WW3 and they play it like they play their CoD/Battlefield.

Edited by Marrond
  • Thanks 1