Sign in to follow this  
Daza99

Seven Suggestions...

1#  More clarity on Air or Arty Strikes;

"Airstrike inbound" VO needs some text to flash on screen of players who are in the area that a strike is incoming. Maybe currently those in the area only hear the VO warning?? i don't know - its not very clear on where the strike is targeted and also if its a friendly or hostile airstrike.  I think perhaps friendly airstrikes could show a grid pattern on map with icon as a warning that only that side sees?

2# Get rid of the tap dancing shoes sfx when sprinting (more noticeable when alone);

Sprinting SFX sounds weird especially if running alone- it sounds like someone is running with you.

3# Let vehicles remain on the map after being destroyed; Dynamic cover

I know they disappear after a time to keep fps down, but this could be trialed at least. I think it would make the map more dynamic having parts of it change as wrecks become new areas of cover and also blocking LOS for hostile tanks (which should be able to push or move a wreck if its not wedged in) and also look like a war zone. Perhaps a random smoking column of smoke from wreck in terms of thickness and direction it trails upwards or across the the battlefield low. Again adds dynamic feel to the scene.

4# Two- Step Crouch Stances (eg. Peeking over cover)

I would like to be able to have 2 crouch stances, so i can peer over a concrete barrier and not be able to present my weapon to bear or go up another notch to be able to keep low and fire over cover. At the moment crouch is great for keeping in cover but not for firing over cover. This would be more realistic as we all produce more sustained firefights where running and gunning won't cut it.

5# Unique Mini-map always on for Squads who stay close (added incentive bonus for Squad play)

This could be if 80% of the Squad is within 20-25metres the mini-map will display for each one. Their icon on mini-map could be a triangle denoting direction they are facing. This would also aid the Squad in defense positions where they can keep watching a doorway without having to look around and see where their Squad mate is, they can glance at the mini-map and see all fire-sectors are covered or if some of their guys were taken out. To go a step further the squad individual icons could go red if their health is dangerously low, handy for a medic to help them or you know that the room/doorway entrance might soon be breached from that direction if that wounded Squad mate in question is about to die. Maybe their icons will flash when taking fire. All this would be valuable information and be an incentive to work together. Another inspiration for this is a mod for Arma3 called Squad Radar that only shows Squads positioning relative to one another, which could be another alternative. But a mini-map would be better to coordinate defending a room etc.

6# Rappelling down from high places

This could be gadget class, that you can equip for 1 use. This could be being able to attach and drop a rope from a high floor to the ground and anyone can use it (even the enemy) however it can be destroyed by using a melee move on the attachment point. If choppers is going to be a vehicle in future then this system could be the fore-runner maybe. Maybe a grappling hook could be another variant where a sniper could get up to a higher place if they successfully hook onto something, and have an option to cut the rope so no one can climb up.

7# Vaulting another player up to scale a tall wall

This would require new animations, but one player could turn back to wall and crouch and other one standing in front of this player presses a key and they get a boost jump that has forward momentum to reach the top of the wall. Another team work activity and also make the game more unique from BF. The animation could be something similar to other games that you jump and catch a ledge (eg. AC or Tomb raider). I think Project reality had something similar using rope to scale high walls?

All good ideas but for 5 would jammers okay against a good squad since you always have it on?

Sign in to follow this