Amaterasu

Reduce The Damage Taken In The Stomach.

What Should The Developers Do? If Disagree With Both Options Come Up With Your Own.  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What Should The Developers Do? If Disagree With Both Options Come Up With Your Own.

• Relocate The Armor Around The Stomach And Leave Our Upper Torso Exposed
    • Have The Armor Lenght & Width Increased With Reduced Damage

As it stands now the gut is the weakest part of the body. i assumed we shot players in the chest in games and thats why its protected, but in this game thats not the case. We take majority of our hits around the stomach instead and it does to much damage with no protection. i thought we had to shoot the armor to break it THEN we would do the full amount of damage to instantly kill someone.

i dont know what the developers should do dispite the title. Reduce damage to the gut? Modify the armor so it stretches down to our stomach but increase the overall damage not to increase TTK to much? Or should they lower the chest plate down to the stomach and make our mid-upper chest exposed instead? im not sure. but i know one thing for sure, the upper chest doesnt need protection, our stomach does.

What i will say is this, and it is a positive. The Equipment Class isnt seeing much use. so if they do make the armor cover the majority of our chest besides the upper torso, it has a higher chance to take damage and break because they can replace it.

• Like 1

Talked about this in a tread i mad but yeah, gut meta should be nerfed. shooting people in the chest should be worth more or the same dmg then lower body shots. The chest plate are smaller then the ones I have and have seen from my perspective. You want to have the plates high up on the chest to cover you vitals not your guts. Gut shots hurt but you can live but this isnt a simulation.

The center of the chest should give the highest dmg out side of head or maybe very similar but protected by the plates and we should have a full plate system for back and sides to make that juicy spot which is now worth shooting at protected in a balanced way.

You should have added an option for those not wanting a change. The vest is suppose to protect your vitals, so it would protect your chest and belly. 

• Like 1

yeah that makes sense. i kno nothing about the sizes or if they have side or backplates but it should be considered.. the damage is all over the place. sometimes i take a lot of damage in the arms and legs.. as u say it head does the most, followed by the upper chest then gut with limbs being last.

17 minutes ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

You should have added an option for those not wanting a change. The vest is suppose to protect your vitals, so it would protect your chest and belly. 

right ill be sure to add more later. im sure some do like how it is but want some minor tweaks

The general problem is, that you can die from 3 hits in the legs or arms with an AK15. 
The AK15 does 40Dmg per bullet, so you get shot 3 times to the arms/legs and you look to the sky... 
I don't know what I should think about the system in generel because the game is some kind of hardcore and if the dmg gets reduced, that feeling disappears and I guess the game gets closer to arcade-game-style...

I think instead of lowering the damage taken, they should just allow the armor level to change in size as well as effectiveness instead. IRL if you're shot in the gut, you're as good as dead from loss of blood (so says my CLS instructor), so i could understand the damage system ingame.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amaterasu said:

right ill be sure to add more later. im sure some do like how it is but want some minor tweaks

Yeah, i think we should go for more realism, and also not make the system OP, with us being walking tanks, which is actually the case right now if you go full level 3 armor and level IV plate. 

I didn't feel my gut being that exposed and being like a meta to shoot the gut... I would prefer staying as is or nerf dmg to gut bit a tiny bit if ppl focus it so much!!!

Devs should take exemple from the game Escape from Tarkov*. It make sense the leg shot deals a lot of damage but normally with a military grade armor ur belly and lower body parts are protected . Headshots should be rewarding in a way and different amo types should be made to penetrate specific kinds of armor leves.  So in conclusion yes, gut damage should be nerfed.

3 hours ago, Lykran said:

Why nerf ? Plates aren't bigger irl...

Not nerf i meant increase the damage. a really bad typo i corrected in a post. i know but since its a game u can stretch the truth for balance. but if not thats fine, it is a suggestion. im not frustrated or anything i just noticed within 60 hours of play most my deaths been from the stomach.