Jump to content

Are shotguns too strong for you?  

16 members have voted

  1. 1. Are shotguns OP?

    • Yes, definentely.
      4
    • Yes, but not by that much.
      1
    • I find them in a perfect place.
      9
    • They could use a buff...
      2
    • They are definentely too weak. Pls buff.
      0


Recommended Posts

As the name of the topic suggests - do you think that SGs are too strong or too weak?

I personally think that they deserve a nerf on distances over 30 meters - mainly in damage drop-off and maybe increase the spread by a bit. I haven't tested if the shotguns have the same multiplier as other bullets hitting some parts... but if they do have the damage increased, that shouldn't be the case.

We should limit their range to CQC fights, limiting the range of max to 20 meters to be truly effective.

I had multiple fights over 30-40 meters where I fought against ARs, SMGs and SRs... and still came out on top due to landing all of my pellets perfectly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find that shotguns are perfect at the moment ... I don't think you should nerf them because you can "win" a firefight over 40-50m ... I would also call it more "realistic" than in most games 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao, who finds them in a perfect place? Put a long barrel on it and go to down, NOBODY could stop you, unless they also have your broken 1 tap machine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But that's how it is realistic...

Not like in anny cod game were your kill range ist 10m max ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lykran said:

But that's how it is realistic...

Not like in anny cod game were your kill range ist 10m max ...

 

2 minutes ago, Lykran said:

But that's how it is realistic...

Not like in anny cod game were your kill range ist 10m max ...

But you know this game is not meant to be fully realistic, right? The weight and armor mechanic, sure, they are. Ballistics... maybe. But the rest is more arcade-ish than realistic.

I already stated my point - at best this game is placed between arcade shooters like CoD/BF or realistic ones like ARMA or Squad or even Insurgency.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeah ... But with a nerf you cripple shotguns pretty hard ... Maps like Berlin and moscau got some loooong hallway even indoor ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I learned about how OP Veper is from various main streamers, and I probably won't be switching to other weapons anytime soon. However, I'm all down for realism, If this gun performs realistically , then maybe 'nerf' it by adding some other realistic human factors like weapon swing or whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lykran said:

Jeah ... But with a nerf you cripple shotguns pretty hard ... Maps like Berlin and moscau got some loooong hallway even indoor ...

That is why I suggested lowering the damage at distances over 20 meters and slightly spreading the pellets wider with each shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe just make an option for different ammo types like bf3/4 ... There was it also possibly to snipe with a good old shoty and some slugs 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And just equipping a shoty for your close combat situation is pretty pointless ... Like weapon swap times are pretty slow ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, VenenaMedicus said:

As the name of the topic suggests - do you think that SGs are too strong or too weak?

I personally think that they deserve a nerf on distances over 30 meters - mainly in damage drop-off and maybe increase the spread by a bit. I haven't tested if the shotguns have the same multiplier as other bullets hitting some parts... but if they do have the damage increased, that shouldn't be the case.

We should limit their range to CQC fights, limiting the range of max to 20 meters to be truly effective.

I had multiple fights over 30-40 meters where I fought against ARs, SMGs and SRs... and still came out on top due to landing all of my pellets perfectly.

I agree, shotguns are for close fights... but like Lykran says later, there should be a good old slug ammo for longer distances... it was so satisfying to headshot people with it from a distance... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ERIO_el_SERIO said:

I agree, shotguns are for close fights... but like Lykran says later, there should be a good old slug ammo for longer distances... it was so satisfying to headshot people with it from a distance... 

That is also true... but as for now, we do not have slug ammo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let's wait and see... for now (at least on my side), the connection problems are fixed... they'll be fixing and adding things and they already have diferent ammos in other guns, so maybe they'll read us and listen to it... ^^ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lykran said:

And just equipping a shoty for your close combat situation is pretty pointless ... Like weapon swap times are pretty slow ...

There have been many times even with the very few hours of playtime that my trusty pistol saved my ass ?

 

As I said pellet shotgun should be for cqc slugs on the other hand maybe could have some medium range abilities 

Edited by Kermithefrog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lykran said:

But that's how it is realistic...

Not like in anny cod game were your kill range ist 10m max ...

It's a balance issue, they are way too strong. They destroy anything close-medium range. With slug it becomes sniper rifle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

It's a balance issue, they are way too strong. They destroy anything close-medium range. With slug it becomes sniper rifle. 

Slug won't be able to oneshot as pellets shouldn't kill at 10 meters + even if all hit the target cause u know armor !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kermithefrog said:

Slug won't be able to oneshot as pellets shouldn't kill at 10 meters + even if all hit the target cause u know armor !!! 

If they would be implemented, they shouldn't be able to penetrate armor. But it should cause massive damage when hitting an unarmored part of body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real tricky issue is keeping shotguns competitive while not letting them be OP. Being able to swap ammo types without a different loadout (as we can now) will certainly help with that, but at the same time shotguns with pellets being totally useless beyond close range will make them lousy picks over SMGs. While I agree that shotguns are currently quite OP, I also think that any weapon class nerfs should be made carefully and gradually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...