Are shotguns too strong for you?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Are shotguns OP?

• Yes, definentely.
    • Yes, but not by that much.
    • I find them in a perfect place.
    • They could use a buff...
    • They are definentely too weak. Pls buff.

As the name of the topic suggests - do you think that SGs are too strong or too weak?

I personally think that they deserve a nerf on distances over 30 meters - mainly in damage drop-off and maybe increase the spread by a bit. I haven't tested if the shotguns have the same multiplier as other bullets hitting some parts... but if they do have the damage increased, that shouldn't be the case.

We should limit their range to CQC fights, limiting the range of max to 20 meters to be truly effective.

I had multiple fights over 30-40 meters where I fought against ARs, SMGs and SRs... and still came out on top due to landing all of my pellets perfectly.

• Like 2

I find that shotguns are perfect at the moment ... I don't think you should nerf them because you can "win" a firefight over 40-50m ... I would also call it more "realistic" than in most games 

• Like 1

Lmao, who finds them in a perfect place? Put a long barrel on it and go to down, NOBODY could stop you, unless they also have your broken 1 tap machine. 

But that's how it is realistic...

Not like in anny cod game were your kill range ist 10m max ...

2 minutes ago, Lykran said:

2 minutes ago, Lykran said:

But you know this game is not meant to be fully realistic, right? The weight and armor mechanic, sure, they are. Ballistics... maybe. But the rest is more arcade-ish than realistic.

I already stated my point - at best this game is placed between arcade shooters like CoD/BF or realistic ones like ARMA or Squad or even Insurgency.

• Like 1

Jeah ... But with a nerf you cripple shotguns pretty hard ... Maps like Berlin and moscau got some loooong hallway even indoor ...

I learned about how OP Veper is from various main streamers, and I probably won't be switching to other weapons anytime soon. However, I'm all down for realism, If this gun performs realistically , then maybe 'nerf' it by adding some other realistic human factors like weapon swing or whatever. 

Just now, Lykran said:

Jeah ... But with a nerf you cripple shotguns pretty hard ... Maps like Berlin and moscau got some loooong hallway even indoor ...

That is why I suggested lowering the damage at distances over 20 meters and slightly spreading the pellets wider with each shot.

Maybe just make an option for different ammo types like bf3/4 ... There was it also possibly to snipe with a good old shoty and some slugs 

• Like 1

And just equipping a shoty for your close combat situation is pretty pointless ... Like weapon swap times are pretty slow ...

22 minutes ago, VenenaMedicus said:

As the name of the topic suggests - do you think that SGs are too strong or too weak?

I personally think that they deserve a nerf on distances over 30 meters - mainly in damage drop-off and maybe increase the spread by a bit. I haven't tested if the shotguns have the same multiplier as other bullets hitting some parts... but if they do have the damage increased, that shouldn't be the case.

We should limit their range to CQC fights, limiting the range of max to 20 meters to be truly effective.

I had multiple fights over 30-40 meters where I fought against ARs, SMGs and SRs... and still came out on top due to landing all of my pellets perfectly.

I agree, shotguns are for close fights... but like Lykran says later, there should be a good old slug ammo for longer distances... it was so satisfying to headshot people with it from a distance... 

Just now, ERIO_el_SERIO said:

I agree, shotguns are for close fights... but like Lykran says later, there should be a good old slug ammo for longer distances... it was so satisfying to headshot people with it from a distance... 

That is also true... but as for now, we do not have slug ammo.

• Like 1

let's wait and see... for now (at least on my side), the connection problems are fixed... they'll be fixing and adding things and they already have diferent ammos in other guns, so maybe they'll read us and listen to it... ^^ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lykran said:

And just equipping a shoty for your close combat situation is pretty pointless ... Like weapon swap times are pretty slow ...

There have been many times even with the very few hours of playtime that my trusty pistol saved my ass ?

As I said pellet shotgun should be for cqc slugs on the other hand maybe could have some medium range abilities 

Edited by Kermithefrog

1 hour ago, Lykran said:

It's a balance issue, they are way too strong. They destroy anything close-medium range. With slug it becomes sniper rifle. 

18 minutes ago, Artaxiad300062 said:

It's a balance issue, they are way too strong. They destroy anything close-medium range. With slug it becomes sniper rifle. 

Slug won't be able to oneshot as pellets shouldn't kill at 10 meters + even if all hit the target cause u know armor !!! 

2 minutes ago, Kermithefrog said:

Slug won't be able to oneshot as pellets shouldn't kill at 10 meters + even if all hit the target cause u know armor !!! 

If they would be implemented, they shouldn't be able to penetrate armor. But it should cause massive damage when hitting an unarmored part of body.

The real tricky issue is keeping shotguns competitive while not letting them be OP. Being able to swap ammo types without a different loadout (as we can now) will certainly help with that, but at the same time shotguns with pellets being totally useless beyond close range will make them lousy picks over SMGs. While I agree that shotguns are currently quite OP, I also think that any weapon class nerfs should be made carefully and gradually.