Sign in to follow this  
Amaterasu

Matches Are Way To Long & Surrender Option.

I personally feel the match 30-40 minute matches is abit much. i feel matches should be shorter overall to 20-25 minutes. having it last as long as a Moba match is pushing it abit i feel. I also would like the option to surrender. there has been way to many times i was pushed into spawn because my team would not attack and defend objectives spawn killing us. with enough votes we would instantly lose the game and save us the headache. i feel this is the case because we cannot switch teams to balance them ourselves. so frustrated players end up quiting the match making it even worst. 

• Like 3

Really nice idea.... Had today also the situation about frustrated players so the enemy team had only 6 players and we more then double of them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terux said:

Really nice idea.... Had today also the situation about frustrated players so the enemy team had only 6 players and we more then double of them

yeah i think it'll be a great addition. not only to save people from spawn camping, but when the overall team has no chance to make a comback in the early and game. im sure we had those battlefield matches that ended extremely fast. this could help us avoid wasting our time when we already lost.

Or a autofill options, that everyone who wants to join a match get moved to the empty slots in the current map and move with all players by auto map rotation to the next match like in all other MP FPSs

or an option to vote as cowards to the guys that won't push or flank!! I'm so pissed off when I'm the only one (sometimes with a squad behind me) flanking at the edges of the map to go past them and capture some far flag... then my team keep being in the same A1-A2 flags and won't come help us or at least spawn there to push from other direction... 

it is frustrating af to be in one of this teams, so I guess I also agree, surrender option and better luck next time ^^ 

but it's not too long at all... the problem is when it's very one-sided, but if and when the match is close, the longer the funnier... I don't want shorter battles, I don't want shorter maps, I don't want less and less... 

maybe later there will be like a short conquest mode or small conquest or whatever, but in big maps, 40 minutes fights are perfect... again, just MY opinion of course :P

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ERIO_el_SERIO said:

or an option to vote as cowards to the guys that won't push or flank!! I'm so pissed off when I'm the only one (sometimes with a squad behind me) flanking at the edges of the map to go past them and capture some far flag... then my team keep being in the same A1-A2 flags and won't come help us or at least spawn there to push from other direction... 

But that is a generell problem. Because some kiddies also playing that, they get killed, in your case in A1-A2, and always attack for revenge and will never get the clue conquering other flags.

57 minutes ago, ERIO_el_SERIO said:

it is frustrating af to be in one of this teams, so I guess I also agree, surrender option and better luck next time ^^

Yup, you are right. But to activate the "surrender" option, there should be at least 50% of all team players who also want to surrender.

• Like 1

About the time: I think it's perfect. I don't rush too much from one flag to another, I try to hide everywhere, look carefully around, run to the next cover, look again everywhere and if you be more carefull, then the time is perfect.

To be fair I think they only increased the length of a match so that it didn’t seem like heading back to the main menu as frequently.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Terux said:

About the time: I think it's perfect. I don't rush too much from one flag to another, I try to hide everywhere, look carefully around, run to the next cover, look again everywhere and if you be more carefull, then the time is perfect.

exactly... the problem is, like when BF got ruined, that COD kids come to this games and they just want less... less time, less recoil, less map size, less skill based... 

and NO dear people, just NO... you don't like big scale urban war, don't come here, you have lots of other games and you'll have lots of fun there!! no judging! :)

it's like this guy who like bikes and come to a CAR simulator and tell the devs to cut the cars in half, so every car will have only 2 wheels... just go to a bike simulator, you'll have lot more fun there!! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, newlynx said:

I totally agree with the OP that the games should be shorter in the range of 20-25 minutes.

then just go to a SANHOK map in PUBG or to a TDM in COD... with the big maps, a match of 20 minutes in which you spend 5 or even more running to the flags, it's just insignificant gameplay...

I hope they'll add TDM and other modes so the people who don't like big battles can still have fun with this game, I'm sure there is a spot for everyone! :)

• Like 1

So the problem of a lengthy game is that some games aren't as fun cause you get spawn camped .. I believe the problem is the spawn camping not the game length . What bothers you to just exit match if you are done playing? I'm all in for something to be done for spawn camping but personally I prefer more action than menu times and loading screens..

1 minute ago, newlynx said:

I totally agree with the OP that the games should be shorter in the range of 20-25 minutes.

I would change it to exactly 30 minutes. You must know, if you are in a heavy fight with your team, time is running away like hell. And then you wish 10 minutes more. I had such a fight yesterday in moscow at the construction side. That was war ???

1 minute ago, ERIO_el_SERIO said:

I hope they'll add TDM and other modes so the people who don't like big battles can still have fun with this game, I'm sure there is a spot for everyone! :)

Open a new topic for that or check if someone else started it already

2 minutes ago, Kermithefrog said:

So the problem of a lengthy game is that some games aren't as fun cause you get spawn camped .. I believe the problem is the spawn camping not the game length . What bothers you to just exit match if you are done playing? I'm all in for something to be done for spawn camping but personally I prefer more action than menu times and loading screens..

The problem is that people are leaving and the empty slots don't get filled with joining people. So you have at the end a extreme unbalanced gameplay. Some topics have been here already started with this issue

Time is a matter of perception, for me in the age of 42 and a lot of family obligations I can play 2 games for 50 minutes and then again in the next day. I can understand people wanting to play more time per game, they surely have more time than me ? (I envy them)

I agree with ERIO_el_SERIO you choose large map with 64 ppl map it should last long !!! You can suggest devs for shorter game mode. TDM ie where you just care about kills and not points. There is no way to just make one game mode and please everyone. Even me if I don't have time or mood I would prefer a TDM smaller map shorter game over what there is now but I wouldn't want to change this as this game mode has its own flavor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, newlynx said:

Time is a matter of perception, for me in the age of 42 and a lot of family obligations I can play 2 games for 50 minutes and then again in the next day. I can understand people wanting to play more time per game, they surely have more time than me ? (I envy them)

hehehe then you can roleplay that you're fighting for your family! :D

4 minutes ago, Terux said:

The problem is that people are leaving and the empty slots don't get filled with joining people. So you have at the end a extreme unbalanced gameplay. Some topics have been here already started with this issue

yeah...  The problem is, again as in BF, the playerbase... if instead of fighting twice as much, you just quit, then you're ruining everyone's experience... that's why the surrender option would be a welcome one, if most of the team sees it's already lost... 

but I don't know, even when all hope is lost, I still keep fighting even more, I must be very old school guy :P

• Like 2

Then all in for a better quick join system or balance between teams. For me it was weird that I couldn't change team as my team was winning and wanted more action but couldn't join losing team.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Kermithefrog said:

Then all in for a better quick join system or balance between teams. For me it was weird that I couldn't change team as my team was winning and wanted more action but couldn't join losing team.

you should be the model role for WW3 players :P

Just now, Kermithefrog said:

Balancing teams is a bit difficult because you choose at the beginning East or West. I selected east and played every match at east. Maybe I am wrong with that and I only had luck to play all the time East.

If all slots are filled with people, and get refilled when people are leaving, then you can have some heavy combats and time is much faster over then with a complete unbalanced match

Dude I seriously don't get what is fun camping spawn or have no enemies to contest points no challenge no fun ! No tactical play that it's just another fps game .... if you don't enjoy the game for what is special for then what!?!?! Sure suggest things to make it better but don't make it the same with a million other games already published...

• Like 1

Yeah the possibility of teamvote for surrender sounds really good. Speeds things up, and results in less painful matches. One might like his team for a number of reasons even when losing a fight horribly, and right now quit is the only option to start a new match. 

Also, a working auto balance wouldn't hurt since the matches take up to 40 minutes lol.

Sign in to follow this