vin

Cheating discussion

Just came across a guy with the ingame name "i am in the wall" giving away pretty much what he was doing the whole time. He was shooting spawning players on Warsaw TDM from inside the wall.

Its not a cheat its just changing the .ini file. not even a issue.

If your definition of cheating is programming some additional software to get an advantage, then yes: it's not cheating.

In my book any change of a game as it was intended, in order to get an advantage over other players is cheating... and lame. Wouldn't it be cool if erveryone just played the game as the devs made it? You complain about other players winning because they use aimbots, wallhacks or exploits. I complain about you winning because your game looks like duck-hunt. Why on earth would we ask the devs to build a semi-real shooter… if we are going to dumb it down to that.

Edited by Shr!ke
forgot quote
  • Like 3

I know there is a lot to read in here, but i hope one of the developers reads this:

It would be nice if you received an automated answer or any answer after sending a video to the email address, because i don`t know if you actually get tho reports or not. Would be nice to know, that at least it`s there and somebody has looked at it. 

On 12/2/2018 at 6:52 PM, maddinii said:

I know there is a lot to read in here, but i hope one of the developers reads this:

It would be nice if you received an automated answer or any answer after sending a video to the email address, because i don`t know if you actually get tho reports or not. Would be nice to know, that at least it`s there and somebody has looked at it. 

We are reading them. But do keep in mind we are sometimes busy with other things. You will get a reply once it's been seen.

• Like 1

How come I always get killed with the same shots - 1 to the gut right under the chest plate and 1 to the leg. Enemy response time is inhuman too, first shots kill me instantly. Evident use of auto-aim cheats. Please do sth about it, cause players are leaving the game because of it. It can be noted on the in-game chats too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, paveu27 said:

How come I always get killed with the same shots - 1 to the gut right under the chest plate and 1 to the leg. Enemy response time is inhuman too, first shots kill me instantly. Evident use of auto-aim cheats. Please do sth about it, cause players are leaving the game because of it. It can be noted on the in-game chats too.

The placement of shots is pre-determined, it only shows you which body part you've been shot in, not the precise location - it will be improved in the future. There is no problem with cheaters in WW3, 99.9% of what you think are cheaters are just bugs or really good / sneaky players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I agree a bout abusing bug/glitches being cheating but its early access so you defiantly want people to abuse them so they get brought up and bring attention to them to get fixed.

Coming form MMOs recently glitch abuse is a big thing and cheating but F51 doesn't want to punish them and that's fine pluss there is no long term power gained from abuse so after it gets fixed every thing will be fine.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, TZoningHard said:

Its not a cheat its just changing the .ini file. not even a issue.

So you changed a file..? 

So that you remove all the ancillary obstacles between you and other players, so you can see them better...? And you do not consider that a cheat..?

Do you consider it "not a cheat", because all your friends are doing it..? Or because it can't be detected..? Or because YOU can... and don't care about others..? Why not have a sig, that says "I hack ini file, because I need to!"... so that others can judge you and your gameplay based on kiddie-gloves and handouts... because snowflake tendencies..?

Just asking, because of your blatant disregard for the rest of the community and the developers.

• Thanks 1

Well said ppl. blatantly cheating and NOTHING honestly NOTHING,  it's been done that its been reflected into the game and dont come and say, that you guys dont have A>A> CHEATING problems etc and other ones here , no more with that . !!

Promises of the BAN HAMMER  ?!!  ?

I did really tried and wanted to see this game to succeed , We backed you up and support you guys, until we saw that was not enough ( Man Power and $$ ) , You are about to LOOSE THIS WAR ? and me and my whole team and The other branches, are starting to move into other games !!

???

Around just 200 PPL !! in all 12 servers !!!  exponentially going Down, the fan boy population is not gonna be enough to sustain this anymore. we are talking around less than 150  ppl !!!

THIS GAME It's ?   DYING FAST  !!! ?

?

Sincerely FARM 51 you tried to bring it up to LATE !!  ⌛

There are still to many BUGS and Things to fix and its future it's not promising , here most of the ppl. already abandon it , they got BORED !!!

--> The MEDIA it's about to POST the FAILURE and MORE  !!  ?️⚡ ( not good for you " guys FARM 51 " ) and your  ( our) game multimedia product WW3 .

NOTE :

IF you guys ( The Studio FARM51) don't  release something that it's been planned for this Xmas and January  NOW !! 

Say  By, BY  to this Multimedia Product $$$.$$$

RIP WW3 ;(  ?

King Regards

HALCON4 - WW3K4to01

Edited by HALCON4
RIP ?
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/8/2018 at 8:32 AM, trig0tron said:

So you changed a file..? 

So that you remove all the ancillary obstacles between you and other players, so you can see them better...? And you do not consider that a cheat..?

Do you consider it "not a cheat", because all your friends are doing it..? Or because it can't be detected..? Or because YOU can... and don't care about others..? Why not have a sig, that says "I hack ini file, because I need to!"... so that others can judge you and your gameplay based on kiddie-gloves and handouts... because snowflake tendencies..?

Just asking, because of your blatant disregard for the rest of the community and the developers.

I didn't change the ini file beside set audio to = 3.

I don't know any one personally who has done it and the main advantage of messing with the ini file is to get more frames.

That's the main use of ini files in games if for more control for players to increase performance and is used extensively to increase performance for low end users. If F51 didn't want people using it then they could remove it.

A cheat isn't adjusting the ini file which is expected to happen as that is the purpose of the file. the main reason is to increase performance.

Stop freaking out. A mob isn't right just because they have numbers and the majority of people are not intelligent so don't try to behold something to the will of the people.

And most people don't care about ini file so there is no much community's.

Might be that it's used for better performance primarily, but the video which was posted shows a massive gameplay advantage due to changes to the ini-files. Okay it's not cheating in the strict sense, but is it an unfair advantage obtained by manipulation of the game from outside the game? I would say yes.

• Like 2

no ini is supposed to be altered. it is not exploitive nor does it alter game code, nor is it 3rd party software.

F51 could limit what is read by the ini file.

It's not a big deal you can see well enough for IFF already. The purpose is for higher frames.

Stop freaking out. A mob isn't right just because they have numbers and the majority of people are not intelligent so don't try to behold something to the will of the people.

Right. So a couple of guys in here (including me) came up with arguments why extreme changes in the visuals of the game are unfair/lame and shouldn't be possible… and you just keep repeating .ini files are meant to be changed (so why is there an in-game settings menu?). And now your conclusion is that we are a hysteric, stupid mob... implying yourself to be the intelligent loner.

Craziest thing is: I see you complaining about cheaters, game changes and unfair advantages in other topics. Yesterday you actually complained about having a disadvantage if the grey dot (1 pixel) is removed from the game and someone else manages to turn it back on. Not really consistent... 

I'll try to be patient with you… Do a quick search on the interwebs and discover that the point about unfairness of changing .ini files is brought up on many forums about this topic. And in this specific case I'm actually not even sure the amount of visual changes shown in the vids can be achieved by changing the .ini only. You brought that up.

My point (to the devs) is again: this amount af change to the game should be impossible in the final version. All options to achieve good FPS should be in the in-game settings menu. There should be a mode included for old PCs with more basic shading, lighting, textures (I think there already is). There should be no way you can make objects pink, players white and shadows dissappear. Not in the game and not by breaking game-files.

If there is game customization options missing, come up with valid arguments and request it to the devs to be included in the game menus.

Cheers

Edited by Shr!ke
  • Like 2

You can see it so and so. Modifying the game files i`m pretty sure is against the games term of service, but i do think an exception can be made here. 

I can understand people needing these changes in order to see better or play better and i can understand, that people without these changes feel like others have an unfair advantage, that they have not got. 

One solution might be to make a new topic explain exactly how and what to change, where to find the files etc. (Basically for dummies). So instead of discussing who is right or wrong, which leads to nothing why not show others how to do it and give everybody the same fair chance? 
I personally have no idea how to do it and i don`t even know where to look for that file... 

• Like 1

Let's get it straight: ini files that are in the appdata user folder are not checked for changes, thus you can change it at will. That said, we will be limiting what can be changed to stop people from gaining an unfair advantage by doing this.

• Like 4

On 12/11/2018 at 6:32 PM, Ragir said:

Let's get it straight: ini files that are in the appdata user folder are not checked for changes, thus you can change it at will. That said, we will be limiting what can be changed to stop people from gaining an unfair advantage by doing this.

Only change? Or i can add something too?

23 minutes ago, Skramp said:

Only change? Or i can add something too?

Add as well, if you find some settings that can be used to gain unfair advantage, please let us know so we can patch it out. There's still a lot of time before 1.0, but that's something that should be easy to do, so it can be done a lot sooner.

• Like 2

i CANT PROVE IT OR NAME WHO WAS DOING IT BUT THERE ARE DEFINITELY PLAYERS WHO ONE SHOT YOU FROM UNBELIEVABLE DISTANCES  WHILE MOVING AND  THEY ARE NOT SNIPERS. THEY NEVER MISS NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO.

On 12/16/2018 at 2:04 AM, OutRurMind said:

i CANT PROVE IT OR NAME WHO WAS DOING IT BUT THERE ARE DEFINITELY PLAYERS WHO ONE SHOT YOU FROM UNBELIEVABLE DISTANCES  WHILE MOVING AND  THEY ARE NOT SNIPERS. THEY NEVER MISS NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO.

That's exactly what's happening to me too. I've been shooting unbelievable amounts of bullets into some players and seen them still surviving and killing me back instantly. Some others - unbelievable reaction times and precision from quite a long distances and while moving! So frustrating and most probably the main reason for so many ppl leaving this game.

got to get video of it since opinions of unbelievable reaction times differs.

The very low TTK combined with latency can make it seem like a person is reacting faster then they actually are.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2018 at 12:19 AM, TZoningHard said:

got to get video of it since opinions of unbelievable reaction times differs.

The very low TTK combined with latency can make it seem like a person is reacting faster then they actually are.

I don't think you are being honest with yourself here.

Nobody calls someone out (for cheating) because of one encounter. It is the 3rd, or 5th time, when they continue to do uncanny things throughout the game. A good player (no matter how good) doesn't track people thru a wall... as your watching them out a window, doing it. Again not once, or twice, but every time you put a scope on them and watch them play, etc.

I've been playing FPS for 30+ years... you tend to know when someone isn't playing by the same rules as one's self. Everybody loves to encounter a good player... but hates to come across a person who wants you to think they are good/god. When in actuality, these same punks are unable to show themselves at LANs.

In the past, I would play anyone face-to-face for $$.. cause I want to be around the best. Some of the people I have met, flopped. They relied too much on their reaction time and not enough of tactics, or strat.

Lastly, reaction time doesn't matter, if another can hear you a mile away, or you cast the wrong shadow.... etc.  

Edited by trig0tron

1 hour ago, trig0tron said:

I don't think you are being honest with yourself here.

Nobody calls someone out (for cheating) because of one encounter. It is the 3rd, or 5th time, when they continue to do uncanny things throughout the game. A good player (no matter how good) doesn't track people thru a wall... as your watching them out a window, doing it. Again not once, or twice, but every time you put a scope on them and watch them play, etc.

I've been playing FPS for 30+ years... you tend to know when someone isn't playing by the same rules as one's self. Everybody loves to encounter a good player... but hates to come across a person who wants you to think they are good/god. When in actuality, these same punks are unable to show themselves at LANs.

In the past, I would play anyone face-to-face for $$.. cause I want to be around the best. Some of the people I have met, flopped. They relied too much on their reaction time and not enough of tactics, or strat.

Lastly, reaction time doesn't matter, if another can hear you a mile away, or you cast the wrong shadow.... etc.  

I see hackusations over one encounter, I see hackusations against some one 2/6 or 4/4 or 3/2. I have gotten some nasty wall shot recently as well on people.

Honesty has nothing to do with this, This isn't something you can really lie about.

Some people are very slow in reaction times so a player with decent but not good reaction time can seem godly. There was also a issue with super bullets that hopfully got fixed .3 which was a lot of complaints of hackers came from.

Tactics and strat are what ever, many unskilled players can do them with little effort you just have to be competent and think about it which is normal behavior for non bots.

Reaction time is so so, its some type of effort and skill but no where near as much effort and skill as having to aim well continuously and react in different ways or counter play. reaction time is the first building block.