vin

Cheating discussion

What makes me fuc#$%% pissed off is that, you have to buy a game,to play a non finished game who uses a compromised anti cheat that is ineffective against cheaters/hackers (proven already).  You know what the f$%& is this called ? It´s extortion. Yet... this game is great, and in time can be fantastic.

1 hour ago, TZoningHard said:

There are no hackers only bad players.

Well ^^ we have proven that there has been hackers in the past. There is also currently a small set of people that seem to have neither recoil nor spread. 

• Like 1

Hackers last for a day before getting fixed and were only the month after launch. So far no hackers have been shown the game is not that hard to control recoil like any other game.

There are plenty of hackusations but I see no hackers only people getting mad because a player is good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm probably the last person people want to hear this from - but I have to agree with Tzoning.
There is game exploiting and then there is hacking.
I do not believe there are any hackers at this time. There's plenty of people abusing glitches within walls, taking advantage of head peaking, shooting through the hills on smolensk, but no hackers.

There's a new - very interesting desync kind of bug I've come across that I'll be sharing soon that may explain some of the invisible people/unexplainable deaths in game. 

But again - I don't think there's hackers.
Its player skill (or lack of)/issues with an early access title.

I'm sure the devs could chime in and let us know how many people have been banned for hacking. 

Edited by StayPrunk

People exploiting for sure the glitches but that's not hacking.

I get hackusations a lot now but it mainly the skill difference.

Lol, i have been crying about cheaters and now im banned. Idk why, im not cheating and only tried new map for few minutes.

Edit. Found the reason, corrupted windows files.

Edited by Wikstone
more info

bad hit detection for your enemy = you are hacker, god mode

desync/lag for your enemy = you are hacker, killed behind the wall

killed marked enemy = you are hacker, wallhack

you have "VERY STRONK" ability to move down your mouse to control recoil = you are hacker, no recoil

you have good aim skills = you are hacker, aimbot

you heared enemy and turned to him = you are hacker, maphack

haha, classic (c)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2019 at 10:05 AM, Lordclaw said:

Had a guy that was glitching on Berlin couple nights back and had constant rpg refill

Ammo packs can refill PRGs :P

On 1/6/2019 at 5:49 AM, StayPrunk said:

I'm sure the devs could chime in and let us know how many people have been banned for hacking. 

I can't give you a solid answer, but it's not been that high. Its not easy to cheat in WW3 due to both server-side checks and EAC doing a good job detecting tampering. You might not like EAC, but it really works (we can't even attach our debuggers and other tools without disabling EAC). We don't trust the client where we absolutely don't have to and we've got a lot of tricks to catch people trying to play with an advantage.

Of course, it's not possible to totally secure a game, it's running on someone's PC so they have a lot of control over it, but we've made sure to design the game with this in mind from the start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hypermachvi said:

Where can I report people exploiting game bugs, like shooting from walls on TDM Berlin?

hacks@worldwar3.com

Make sure you provide as much information as possible, screenshots, video klip, Steam ID etc.

I dont see a big problem with cheaters in this game so far. I played a lot (stats in my profile) and i recognized only one round where someone was shooting through walls. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, R1GHT said:

someone was shooting through walls. 

Shooting through walls is not cheating, our server will not let that happen (we simulate each shot serverside and don't trust the client that they hit). What you saw is probably a wall penetration, which works mostly on destructible objects (like those concrete barriers - try shooting through those).

We have a fully fledged ballistics system that needs some setting up, and some walls are penetrable even now. In the coming patches this will be more and more visible as we'll be setting up the levels to support the wall penetration fully as well as expanding it to support more realistic model (taking into account angle of entry and thickness of the material better). Expect a blog post about details in the coming weeks/months.

You won't be able to hide behind a thin wall anymore, chairs and small props will not be bulletproof anymore and with big caliber rounds killing people through 3 walls will be possible and probably make for some cool situations. Tank rounds also have this capability, so hiding from a tank is probably going to be much harder.

• Like 3

Im sry, but it wasnt wall penetration. It happend that round 3 times to me at the same spot. It was sniper and the bitmarker always came from a not bangable wall i will add a pic to show u where when im back home today. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ragir said:

You won't be able to hide behind a thin wall anymore, chairs and small props will not be bulletproof anymore 

...but you can hide behind nothing - the best cover for current hit detection :D 

p.s. sorry, just joking :) 

Edited by Atway
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ragir said:

Shooting through walls is not cheating, our server will not let that happen (we simulate each shot serverside and don't trust the client that they hit). What you saw is probably a wall penetration, which works mostly on destructible objects (like those concrete barriers - try shooting through those).

We have a fully fledged ballistics system that needs some setting up, and some walls are penetrable even now. In the coming patches this will be more and more visible as we'll be setting up the levels to support the wall penetration fully as well as expanding it to support more realistic model (taking into account angle of entry and thickness of the material better). Expect a blog post about details in the coming weeks/months.

You won't be able to hide behind a thin wall anymore, chairs and small props will not be bulletproof anymore and with big caliber rounds killing people through 3 walls will be possible and probably make for some cool situations. Tank rounds also have this capability, so hiding from a tank is probably going to be much harder.

ww32.thumb.jpg.ffd2cd7af0d1a6f7bf2e936cb5c118b3.jpg

this was the Situation. I was so confused, that i walked the same way 3 times just to see what happens. sadly my record didnt work. i was walking the green way (upper) and the red arrow marks the shots, i always died at the red cross. it sounds like a sniper far away... another suspicious thing was that the guy who shot there changed his names during he match at least 2 times.

I believe  u, saying its no possible to hack that way, but im still searching for an explanation.

Edited by R1GHT
  • Thanks 1

There are a lot of places in this ( level ) map, that u can go under the level and see the whole level and shot the players , its a pretty known issue,  still in this phase of the EA  ( Early Access ) stage of this Multimedia product WW3  .

But yes, indeed;

There still some guys using AA hack , but as the game is not Fixed in it's totality,  they are already moving onto another game , but they come around some times :) when a new patch its released .

cheers

HALCON4 - WW3 - k4to01

On 1/26/2019 at 2:53 AM, R1GHT said:

this was the Situation. I was so confused, that i walked the same way 3 times just to see what happens. sadly my record didnt work. i was walking the green way (upper) and the red arrow marks the shots, i always died at the red cross. it sounds like a sniper far away... another suspicious thing was that the guy who shot there changed his names during he match at least 2 times.

I believe  u, saying its no possible to hack that way, but im still searching for an explanation.

Ah, that area around the red arrow has a wall-glitching spot that can be entered through a certain spot. Very annoying indeed (and heavily abused). There's another spot of the same glitch at the main store area on the 2nd floor, so might wanna check that out too (I'm referring to the devs)

Edited by ranmoru456

2 hours ago, ranmoru456 said:

Ah, that area around the red arrow has a wall-glitching spot that can be entered through a certain spot. Very annoying indeed (and heavily abused). There's another spot of the same glitch at the main store area on the 2nd floor, so might wanna check that out too (I'm referring to the devs)

Dev already on it and I think borreh said its fixed on .4

We're fixing the wall glitching right now, we'll see soon if it helped - this looks like someone shooting through a wall, yes, but from behind - the server doesn't check this yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we report people who are accidentally wall hacking/wall glitching cause they do not know what they are doing is wrong, what bull shit that is. Just had a supposed player with a 38 kill & 8 deaths. I was told by this hacker/glitcher it was not his fault it was the games. Can you ban people for doing this??? Cause it really pisses me the [Censored] when ass holes ruin a game by cheating by taking advantage of others.

/watch your language
weedtime

• Like 3

I have not seen (blatant) cheating in about 2~3 months.

Though, I have notice several people who are suspicious in their encounters. So, I go out of my way to keep attacking their positions to see if they will reveal themselves. (I suspect them of using wall hacks and knowing where People are. Which is hard to decipher/prove with spotting, UAV and 3d sound in the game.)

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 3:53 AM, R1GHT said:

yes,,,,it's a wall glitch.  they jump in near the 3 machines where people usually camp.  I've posted about this...so the dev's are aware of it

20190128112240_1.jpg

20190128213200_1.jpg

Edited by jumanjaydazed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1