Sign in to follow this  
アキノ

Weapon Suggestion: HK 417

HK 417 Addition  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the HK 417 would be a cool addition ?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends of gun balance
    • I don't bother about this subject

Weapon Suggestion: HK 417

As of now, the game doesn't have any semi-automatic rifle of any kind. I think this game need some gun diversity, so I make the suggestion of this gun. Presentation:

eng_pl_Umarex-VFC-Heckler-Koch-HK417-2-5945X-10887_1.jpg.e93f912a7d7a228763f9904074a4076a.jpg
Source: specshop.pl/eng_pl_Umarex-VFC-Heckler-Koch-HK417-2-5945X-10887_1.jpg (Actually, it's an airsoft version, but what matter here is the look of the gun).

Some weapon data:

Weapon category: Battle Rifle (Can be used as a Designated Marskman Rifle, or "DMR")
Cartridge: 7.62x51mm
Fire Selector: Safe - Semi - Full auto
Fire rate (automatic): 600 Round Per minute (10 round per seconds)
Lenght: Between 824 - 1082 mm (depending on barrel lenght and stock)

Magazine Size: 10 or 20 rounds box mags, or 50 rounds drum mags

Why adding this gun ?

The first purpose of such an addition would be to give the player the ability to have a gun that fill the role between an assault rifle and a Bolt Action rifle, giving more accuracy and overall gun control at the cost of reduced damage compared to a sniper rifle.
The gun itself have a lot of possible modifications, allowing every player to mod it as they like (with different stock, barrels, etc...). I think the gun should be in semi-automatic only, so it won't be used as an high recoil high damage assault rifle. Also, the 50 rounds drum mag would be inbalanced, so not including it in the game is (to my opinion) important.
It would give to EU armed groups their first DMR (as they use mostly Germans guns in game already).

Potential Balancing Issues and way to overcome them:

-> The DMR class should be filled with guns offering overall more damage than assault rifle but less than Bolt Action Rifles. Their damage models should be more similar to sniper rifles to restrict them in a large distance fight instead of close quarter use. Overall, changing their damage and damage increase/decrease over distance is the easiest way to balance them.

-> Semi-auto rate of fire should be capped for each gun to balance them, to avoid use of double click or others way to increase the numbers of click per seconds. 

-> Bullet velocity should be lower in average than sniper rifles, so the DMR won't be too versatile and replace Bolt Action Rifles. 

If you guys have more suggestions, thanks to expose them down below ! And, sorry about my english level, i'm not native, i hope your eyes are still healthy after all that.

• Like 1

Yeah id like to see a few weapons of this type added like the FN FAL(because its the bloody FAL), SVD for the Russians and RSASS for the Americans.

Id have to disagree with not allowing them to go auto where applicable sorry RSASS and SVD, id say let them go auto but make them inaccurate while auto at anything beyond 20m, another balancing factor they could use is weight not only of the gun but of the Ammo with mag size having a serious impact on how heavy you are, if someone is taking a gun like this with good armor then they should be commited to that roles and that role alone so no RPGs no full size secondary and so on.

• Like 1

The G27 is a nice suggestion but there already is a general weapon suggestion thread here:

I know, I even posted on this thread before, but the only problem I have is the fact that it's more a show of a lot interesting (or not) weapon. I made this one appart from it to have a poll, and to discuss about it, it's just another way to suggest weapon more in depth. 

I would say the G28 instead of the G27. If i'm not mistaken, it's the one used by the german army as a dmr. 

About the full auto mode, there is probably a lot of way to balance it (like huge recoil or spread) but i think it will kill the purpose of a dmr basis, but it's closer to reality. 

The FAL is a great weapon but it's way less used than it did before, I would love to see it too, but to me it's out if context. The Svd is a classic, a modernized one would fit in the context, or even the svd-k. No opinion on the RSASS tough

I can't say anything here without spoiling any beans buuuuuuuuut...

Let's say this thread is unnecessary ;)

Sign in to follow this