Oh please, please stop with the silly hats and gasmasks.

People only fight with berets on in The Expendables movies. When bullets start flying around you wear a helmet… not some silly ceremonial hat. Maybe, possibly, sometimes when threat is low or at night (for improved hearing) you wear a soft hat (like the Feldmutze or a baseball cap), but really: throughout world war 3, your helmet will stay on. Only choice being a light or a heavy one. The newest generation of helmets with integrated visors, comms and NVG are pretty cool though.

Regarding gasmasks: try to run for a while or shoot accurately at a distance with one of those things on... Nope not gonna work.

It would suck to see guys running around in completely unreal or world war 2(!) outfits in this game. You can play darth vader in that other game. Many of the outfits mentioned are for very specific situations and are not suited for general combat as is in the game. If those outfits are included, they should also impose the correct restrictions in movement/shooting. For example: gasmask on = limited field of view, limited capability for running and hearing your own breathing over everything else. No helmet on = highly sensitive to frag grenade and HE shrapnel (and headshots offcourse ;)).

And why do so many people want to include camouflage patterns for desert or woodland? The game is only about urban fighting for the time being. It makes zero sense to wear green or brown.

-End of rant-

Edited by Shr!ke
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Shr!ke This game isn't a milsim.

Also, a woodland map is about to be released. We obviously won't be playing only on urban maps.

• Like 1

This game isn't a milsim.

Trust me I know. I really don't like milsims. I fail to see the functionality of punching 7 different keys to perform a completely accurate contact drill… and definitly can't see the fun in that.

I love how world war 3 looks and feels real... and still remains fun and relatively easy to play. You can focus on moving, shooting, teamplay without technical distractions. The devs are walking a fine line there… and doing a great job imo. It looks like a milsim, but doesn't play as crappy as one! That's something they should cherish… (I think they do ;)).

Also, a woodland map is about to be released.

I read that and I agree woodland camo will make sense when that map is released. I was just trying to get the point across that some request are now posted just for the sake of requests. I think there is a limit to how far the devs should let the players go in looking like clowns and the current outfit/camo selection offers more than enough options in relation to the situations you play in the game. 

This discussion did give me an idea for a design request: it would be nice to have a way to quickly change the camo of your outfit and equipment. So you can change that once you are assigned to a map. Especially when you do a random quick join.

Edited by Shr!ke
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shr!ke said:

This discussion did give me an idea for a design request: it would be nice to have a way to quickly change the camo of your outfit and equipment. So you van change that once you are assigned to a map. Especially when you do a random quick join.

Yes, this has often been suggested and I too would really like to see this added.

I'd like to wear urban camo in Berlin and then change to snow camo in Moscow and woodland in Smoleńsk.

• Like 2

Don't get too carried away with solider uniform customisation, it's called 'uniform' for a reason. The danger is it creates a look of mercenaries instead of armies.

Edited by Monster Hesh
  • Like 1

Would totally love a helmet like this in the game, Jolly Roger, and all. Realistic with a modest cool factor.

image.jpeg.18b80f88013246f610285f1c21c55366.jpeg

For uniform changes, it would be good to see perhaps one more option - allowing us to change backpack?

As I've mentioned in one of my own threads, I'd like the option for players to be able to customize aspects of their uniforms beyond applying patches on their sleeves. For instance, I would like the vests to be customizable, in order to allow players to equip and use other gadgets (such as the radio) and equip more ammo and/or grenades.

Rambo Head Band, T-shirt & Knife

Taxi Driver M65 Jacket  Glasses & Mohawk hairstyle

RamboSerie-696x383.jpg

Rambo-with-big-knife1.jpg

taxi_driver_photography.jpg

Edited by ZwierzaK

On 10/25/2018 at 3:32 PM, DELTA38 said:

Yeah I'd like to have the option to combine gasmasks with headgear

DoG7rXoXsAIhEz4.jpg

Gasmasks are going to protect against the phosforous grenade, so it would be unbalanced if you can have a helmet, too.

6 minutes ago, Matt_dOvale said:

Gasmasks are going to protect against the phosforous grenade,

gasmask DO NOT protect against phosforous grenades as long as phosforous grenade is not just gas grenade, it also burns with ~1300C :

White phosphorus can cause injuries and death in three ways: by burning deep into tissue, by being inhaled as a smoke, and by being ingested. Extensive exposure by burning and ingestion may result in death.

On 6/27/2019 at 10:45 AM, Atway said:

gasmask DO NOT protect against phosforous grenades as long as phosforous grenade is not just gas grenade, it also burns with ~1300C :

White phosphorus can cause injuries and death in three ways: by burning deep into tissue, by being inhaled as a smoke, and by being ingested. Extensive exposure by burning and ingestion may result in death.

not making any claims here, but it's what I heard the devs wanted to do with the gas masks,

6 minutes ago, Matt_dOvale said:

but it's what I heard the devs wanted to do with the gas masks,

that would be weird =\ They have to add gas grenades or cough while in smoke (like in Insurgency) to make gas masks usefull and not just like decoration