Quadsword

Hate to say it, but it feels like this game is done before it even begins...

Disastrous launch. Everyone is spreading very negative word of mouth about the game. Reviews on Steam are mixed. People who were interested are leaving.

I'm very worried for where WW3 will be in a year. All signs right now point toward dead and buried.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 9

I agree the launch was horrible but it's pretty far fetched to say the game is on a path to an early grave. It's a pretty top-notch game for being so early in it's life and I can only see it going up from here with future updates and balancing. The devs have been superb in their communication efforts and they've been working on this game for quite sometime. I don't think they'd give up on the game as easily as you suggest.

• Like 5

Well who's all doom and gloom :P

It'll all depend on how the game progresses in these early stages. If the devs show they're commited to this game I'm sure there will be a nice and neat community supporting it.

The cornerstones are all there: interesting armor system (albeit it has some quirks), good weapon balistics, the gunplay really is phenomenal

Sure they have big issues to tackle: server instability, connecting issues, spawn issues, weapon imbalances (that russian shotgun comes to mind), and the list goes on.

But if they show commitment I'm sure the community will too.

• Like 4

The launch was messy AF but I think that players will come back and the game will gain in popularity months after months. 

Why ? The core game is great and WW3 is filling the hole in the heart of BF players. 

It's an EA, the game doesn't need to have 100 000 concurrent players right now, it needs to have an involved community to help them create the GREAT game which will be massively played :D

• Like 2

The game looked great, and it got the basics ready, but the servers are not working properly,

Out of 2 hours, I managed to play for 20 minutes.

I got a refund, I will buy it again when it's possible to play it.

I hope it will be as good as battlefield 4, never found a game that was as good as BF4.

Edited by RecoilJohn
  • Angry 1

Surely the launch could have gone a lot smoother, but shits happens. I just want to remind everybody about the Battlefield 4 launch fiasco, leaving many people unable to play the multiplayer part for weeks, being so bad that Shice had to halt the work on expansions and other projects in order to fix the game. A year later everybody (but me) forgot about it and praised the game.

Just keep doing what you are doing and the game will turn out great. I consider WW3 to be something very unique and desperately needed in the FPS market. I can't play the game just yet with a satisfying frame rate but I don't regret spending the money. I have faith in you guys and the game.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Quadsword said:

Disastrous launch. Everyone is spreading very negative word of mouth about the game. Reviews on Steam are mixed. People who were interested are leaving.

I'm very worried for where WW3 will be in a year. All signs right now point toward dead and buried.

Anyone who buys games based on Steam reviews aren't all that bright to begin with.

They are mixed because of the kiddies didn't get instant gratification and pouted by making negative reviews. Just look at the Steam forums.... at your own risk, it's SO toxic.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Quadsword said:

Weird, although the "launch" (even though its only an EA) had a pretty rough start saying everyone is quite a stretch. There are 4-5 of us that play the game and none of them are spreading a negative word of mouth. If you are one of those kids that reads the trolls game reviews and part of the instant wow gratification types then simply move on, no harm no foul.

Edited by ZeuZ
  • Like 1

Didn't join the initial launch weekend, only started playing this week. However, its well within my playableness for the game so I'm okay with it.

26 minutes ago, Borreh said:

And soon-ish we have a new mode coming in that could bring in a whole new playerbase.

Oh please, don't say that it will be another battle royale!..

1 minute ago, Nickorr said:

Oh please, don't say that it will be another battle royale!..

• Like 2

The launch was/is still horrible, has no problems on the server the last few days except the bad lag because i need to join the NA server (life in europe) but with today patch my game just freez after some time .... seems like the game is over but i cant see the players at the end, the only thing i can see is my mouse cursor and i need to quit the game....

but, loadout saving now and i really like the game because its something new, its not like cod where everybody is jumping and shooting at the same time, and you dont need the whole magazine to kill them, and its no spray and pray game, i just love it :)

its a mix between Arma and Battlefield, and this is what i personally like....

i think if they fix the servers and some other small problems, the hype will come back (i hope)

5 hours ago, LoSti's World said:

its a mix between Arma and Battlefield, and this is what i personally like....

My thoughts exactly.  I like the mix of realism they got going on in this game.  I Like the 1:1 scale as well.  Makes me wonder though what size maps they have planned.  Larger vehicle based maps at 1:1 scale would be insane....ly awesome! lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Borreh said:

We have a tough road ahead of us but given the reception and extremely good sales in the first days (way above our expectations)

Does it mean PS4 coming? :D

On 10/25/2018 at 4:08 PM, Gulch said:

Anyone who buys games based on Steam reviews aren't all that bright to begin with.

They are mixed because of the kiddies didn't get instant gratification and pouted by making negative reviews. Just look at the Steam forums.... at your own risk, it's SO toxic.

Agreed, Steam forums are the worst place to discuss any game in development.

Also related to the steam reviews, On October 21st the steam reviews were 40% positive and currently they're sitting at 64% positive so I'm sure they will rebound back into positive in due time.

On 10/26/2018 at 6:50 AM, Borreh said:

And soon-ish we have a new mode coming in that could bring in a whole new playerbase.

nevermind

Edited by Noosa

I honestly doubt a new mode will bring players back who are experiencing extreme stuttering and lag due to poor performance with any setting.

2 hours ago, DaHuntzMen said:

I honestly doubt a new mode will bring players back who are experiencing extreme stuttering and lag due to poor performance with any setting.

Those are definitely in the minority (although still a problem regardless). Our squad of 5 have zero issues with the game thus far. I've been on that team where the game ran like crap at beta/ea so I definitely know how it feels believe me.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:58 PM, Quadsword said:

Reviews on steam done by 13 years old who stole their dad's credit cards and bought a game in early access ? 

BF4 failed at launch for WEEKS and people are still playing it today ... give these guys some credit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bernek said:

BF4 failed at launch for WEEKS

BF4 was almost unplayable for 1 and a half year due the horrid netcode issues. And was fixed entirely by the community feedback, THAT was a real full price Early Access.

?

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 11:08 PM, Gulch said:

I just hate these kiddies that are "offended" in 2018 by a fly that sits on their nose. Gaming was completely different 10-20 years ago ... I miss those times ! 

Here I am still having fun a mil-sim in 2018 :D 

• Haha 1