sosabangbang

Riot shield ? Yes or No

Riot shield ? Yes or No  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Riot shield ? Yes or No

Yeah, it does, I can image going down a street behind a person with a riot shield, taking oncoming fire and then dishing some back.

great idea. maybe be modifiable with let's say for example extra extenders, a deployable latch to latch to the ground, flashes in front. A shield is amazing alone but lets be honest, this game is all about customization on top of the choices already. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, kinkysumo said:

how about it stops pistols and the like but reduces the damage of higher calibre weapons.

i agree with that

AND pls dont call it roitshields because riotshields are plasticshields with minimum or non ballistic protection.

Shields used by SWAT and such units are called "ballistic shields" because thats what they do

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, headbreaker_ger said:

in my opinion it shouldnt stop any caliber, normaly anything  7,62 and above penetrate ballistic shields 

Yes certain calibers should pierce throught the shield ! I agree with that.?

• Like 1

Eck, can't stand those shields. Just a nightmare. MW3 Riot Shields were the worst things that happened to that game.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kinkysumo said:

If you can only equip a pistol with it sure.

What if I want bullpup MG mounted to the top. Or RPG ? 

They've been overly glorified in Rainbow Six Siege and people are starting to forget what a basaltic shield is, or even what they look like. If they add any of them, maybe it should be a full fledged Ballistic Shield, like the ones made by HighCom, and if added the development team should consider what they did with other ballistics... make the balanced and realistic (relative to the weapons data) 

4 minutes ago, astro2k said:

what kind of a moron takes a riot shield into frontline combat

(BTW Add a BTR 90 <3) 

Edited by Andromeda
I with draw my statement as he mugged me right off in Steam Chat Overlay

Agreed. Riot Shields are not exactly designed for combat, especially on the front line, would almost be absurd as women on the British front line, and soldiers wielding Katana's in some hypothetical game set in World War 2....

Basaltic Shields, sure! But not riot shields, would you like Pepper Spray as well? 

Actually fuck it, devs get on it. I want a Pepper Spray, with beta mag, extended barrel, SWAT Optics and cantered Iron sights! 

But seriously. No riot shields. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

Actually fuck it, devs get on it. I want a Pepper Spray, with beta mag, extended barrel, SWAT Optics and cantered Iron sights! 

I agree, lets summon the spiciest boi

91bbb155197b470cba47fac214edb7e1.png

Ballistic shields are a gimmick and dont make it fun for the players who are aware how shallow they are.

dunno something they can experiment with. it could be a good way to get around those tight operation metro corners around A1, A2 and B2 around the mall area "sorry devs i dunno the map cuz u dont have the map name on the loading screen"

• Like 1

Yeah, but it should be heavily situation, like if you are protecting a point down a hallway, and by equipping the shield, you cannot use anything, but a pistol. But that can be a automatic pistol in the future. Also, you move very slowly and are prone to grenades. It mostly for defending objectives. Or tanking an assault on an objective while your team flanks. 

i would say meah? We already have body armor, do we need something like this? In war scenario? I mean they could be fun and all but one HE RPG, sentex grenade, AP ammo or paper spray would render those useless

No riot shields, they do not give any ballistic protection against firearms.

I'm ok if they would model real ballistic protection shields but then I would also want to see some speed restrictions as the big ones against large caliber weapons are really really heavy and the light ones do not offer protection against higher caliber weapons. Also none of them are see trough, the "big one" does have a view port but that's it.

Edited by Krake
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sosabangbang said:

Anti-balisitc riot shields could be a fun add to the game. 

But only with pistols please, nothing else.