AS_Walking

RPG - use responsably

Guys, WE CAN make this game grow up or go into the trash... this means that we could stop go around spamming rpgs and ammo pack.

How we could help devs to makes this game better if we are the first to play like children on fortnite???

Let's do this together!

I agree on most you said. RPGs have HE that mean it is effective against infantry. Problems come when you abuse the use of it. For that, debs have to figure out how to balance it to reduce this type of use. 

1) In real life, the shell only detonate after 15 or 25 meters (can't remember exactly)

2) They should add weight to shells. That way I think peoples would have to consider what to combine with RPG since its heavy. If they decide to be heavy, let's hope that it gonna slow them down enough to provide them to run around with RPG and try to focus tanks instead.

Thoses are just idea like this

2 hours ago, Anal-User-Name said:

1) In real life, the shell only detonate after 15 or 25 meters (can't remember exactly)

Yes and we wanted to have the minimum distance implemented, unfortunetly due to time constrains we couldn't. But we'll definetly think about this given the riddiculous RPG spam.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Borreh said:

Yes and we wanted to have the minimum distance implemented, unfortunetly due to time constrains we couldn't. But we'll definetly think about this given the riddiculous RPG spam.

if you do that can you add direct non explosve damage to it

1 minute ago, Nep said:

if you do that can you add direct non explosve damage to it

We thought about that, but it would change the RPG into a short-range railgun ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Borreh said:

Did you thought about the conic deflagration at the explosion of the shell? Every must have a different explosion. Would be nice if it would be the same to optimize it. It could boost the effectiveness of each shell type against the target it suppose to hit. Punishing at the same time people using the wrong shell type against enemy's target. I remember Myth Buster did something realy nice about it exposing how much damage an basic HE RPG shell can do.

The main problem is you can have an ammo pack with an RPG. its an easy fix.. Limit what people can have with certain weapons. Currently you can have a RPG as primary and secondary and also a ammo pack. Fix = 1 of each weapon and ammo pack not with RPG. Also as said above add distance it must travel before detonation around 20m would be best. 

Dont blame the players for abusing exploitable mechanics. It's within the game rules so it's up to the devs to change said rules via tweaks. Just sayin.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GameShock said:

The main problem is you can have an ammo pack with an RPG. its an easy fix.. Limit what people can have with certain weapons. Currently you can have a RPG as primary and secondary and also a ammo pack. Fix = 1 of each weapon and ammo pack not with RPG. Also as said above add distance it must travel before detonation around 20m would be best. 

Flexible loadout customisation is a big part of this game, limiting that just brings it closer to BF.

Personally I haven't seen much RPG spam, I think people just get fixated on those deaths because they're so frustrating. That said, the suggestion to make an ammo pack only supply one rocket is a good one, that should allow enough rockets to take down a vehicle without allowing someone to sit and spam them.

26 minutes ago, Cral said:

Flexible loadout customisation is a big part of this game, limiting that just brings it closer to BF.

Personally I haven't seen much RPG spam, I think people just get fixated on those deaths because they're so frustrating. That said, the suggestion to make an ammo pack only supply one rocket is a good one, that should allow enough rockets to take down a vehicle without allowing someone to sit and spam them.

I've seen at least 1 person a match running around with an rpg out. And yh limiting things sucks but dont you think games like battlefield do it for a reason? They are AAA games after all I think it's safe to assume they for the most part know what they are doing. 

4 minutes ago, GameShock said:

I've seen at least 1 person a match running around with an rpg out. And yh limiting things sucks but dont you think games like battlefield do it for a reason? They are AAA games after all I think it's safe to assume they for the most part know what they are doing. 

Is someone running around with an rpg every match a big deal? Usually I can shoot them faster than they can shoot me because I have 60 rounds and they have one. I don't run around with an assault rifle because I'm an honourable player, I do it because it's more effective than running around with a rocket launcher.

People are clearly tired of Battlefield, doing things the same way as them would just lead to a stale clone, which would be pretty bad considering that Dice have way more resources. The game has been out less than a week, it's way too early to start claiming that things don't work at all when we haven't seen a single balance pass yet.

16 hours ago, Borreh said:

In all honesty though, single-stage isn't a problem - it's AoE is trully miniscule. Just remove shrapnel head and it will be gucci. Sure, some people will still get salty that they died from RPG but they also get salty when shotgun kills them in one shot or a sniper - in other way people that will never be pleased until only one way of playing the game is gonna be possible, their way - not a good source to take feedback from. Even if someone kills one or two players with RPG, that's the best he's gonna do unless he plays against potato. Long range RPG strikes are non-issue against infantry, close range after shot guy has to reload. If people actually tried to play objective in this game instead of running around the map like headless chickens or standing like lemings in one corridor noone would even have opportunity to bring this problem up.

As for making it a railgun - it would be a very slow railgun. Single-stage essentially is railgun with it's AoE. Railgun was only strong because of hitscan. If you can kill only one person with RPG under any circumstances this entirely sort the issue. Ideally you would want to make AoE effect only happen when vehicle is struck (to kill people next to it outside, you can justify it as hundreds of metal flying off of the side of the tank) for gameplay reasons.

Edited by Marrond

Funfact: One  RPG counts as all RPGs in your loadouts meaning you can get both FRAG and Tandem on one RPG. 

18 hours ago, Borreh said:

This is what I wanted to hear/read *thumbs up*

Reminds me of the Gustav days in BC2... while very fun to use, it was very frustrating on the other end... plus cheesy.  You know similar to the UCAV, Mortar in BF.

Give it time you guys, they WILL fix this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graphic-J said:

Reminds me of the Gustav days in BC2... while very fun to use, it was very frustrating on the other end... plus cheesy.  You know similar to the UCAV, Mortar in BF.

Give it time you guys, they WILL fix this.

Gustav with mkII explosive perk ??

• Like 1

i would stay with RPGs how the are.

maybe to make resupply RPGs harder you should implement "explosive resupply packets" - with more weight and way more resupplytime.

1 hour ago, crush-rs said:

i would stay with RPGs how the are.

maybe to make resupply RPGs harder you should implement "explosive resupply packets" - with more weight and way more resupplytime.

No, a fuse time is the least they can do. people running around corners bunny hopping and blasting an rpg 3m in front of them with no consequence will make people leave

On 10/25/2018 at 4:22 PM, Borreh said:

snip

How about making the RPG rounds restockable by the equipment pack instead of the ammo pack as well. It wouldn't hinder them too much but at least they have less positives of also having ammo and infinite RPGs while spreading out the gadget types from meds and ammo to more of a variety.

Make them think a little bit more before they go ahead and try to sue the RPG meta to its fullest.

I was wondering if it was a constraint engine/programming issue to implement a minimal range and now it makes sense. Keep it up.

edit: maybe also add a sway when moving/leaning as a temporary measure for now. Also some more sway while leaning would make sense for a 14-22lbs weapon.

Edited by TZoningHard
edit

Don't add arming distance. Just give damage to player if the rpg is detonated within close range (5-10). It'll be hard to destroy vehicles when they're up close.

It was my understanding that an RPG was a contact detonated warhead. As it has no means of measuring its arming distance. The initial "5-10 meter" is for the gunpowder kicker, out of the tube, before the rocket motor fires.  I've heard stories from trust worthy sources that once the cap is removed the warhead is hot, and its even been seen detonating when a soldier tripped crossing a road, contacting the warhead on a curb.

Not to mention a few youtube videos that would show similar oops moments.
Not sure how to spoiler this or hide it, but be warned as it is graphic, as you can assume the firer died.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NzRtUNMzRU

I would say that the brick wall it impacts is far less than 5 meters away.

Now as for the current in game version, perhaps it needs to be selected via the ammo pack which type is carried in the pack. Then the weight of the RPG and the ammo pack needs to be too high for one man you use. Give the soldier 1-2 RPG's of selected type upon spawn, with the only reloads being that which come from the other players ammo packs. Meaning you get whats in the bag, if they selected HEAT rounds, make the infantry effect negligible, unless its a direct "pegging" hit. Having only frag/thermo rounds infantry splash effective is "decent". Also having the ammo bag only carry 1-3 RPG's depending on type could help as well.

Say:
1 Thermobaric 10lbs
1 tandem 10lbs
2 Heat 6lbs
3 Frag (smaller 40mm ones) 4lbs

• Like 1

If you're a half decent player you're always going to be more effective with a proper anti infantry weapon. I don't see it as much of a problem because the people running around with RPG primaries are always low scoring.

Any solution that also gimps the RPG's usability against vehicles is a bad one, as people are already having a lot of trouble countering them (and its not entirely because they're stupid).