Sign in to follow this  
imareeldoge

MG5 Balance, Sniper Buff

MG5's TTK (time to kill) is really low. Even at longer distances this waepon can be a pain in the ass for players. It's recoil is quite managable so basically you can spit a whole mag directly onto a single point.  A moving soldier equiped with mg5 can easily kill a sniper on a distance of 100+ meters while sniper has to spit 3-4 bullets straight to enemy's face just to deal 90 damage.

Let's take TOR for an example. Few times i bodyshoted someone with TOR just to deal 15 DAMAGE!!!! Tor can damage a tank for 20+ damage but a moving soldier is waaay to much for it?!! Farm 51 WTF? I want to remind that TOR is a .50 cal sniper rifle, and we know that .50 BMG can basically penetrate any concrete wall that is up to 15 cm thick.'

Best way to fix this is to significantly increase MG5's damaga and increase sniper rifle'sarmor penetration and damage.

Edited by imareeldoge
additional content

Weird, I was getting molested by a player using a TOR last night as a heavy so not sure what you are talking about increasing damage. I think it depends on where you are hitting them. Last thing we want is a bunch of bush wookies because of a really stronger weapon one shotting everyone.

7 minutes ago, ZeuZ said:

Weird, I was getting molested by a player using a TOR last night as a heavy so not sure what you are talking about increasing damage. I think it depends on where you are hitting them. Last thing we want is a bunch of bush wookies because of a really stronger weapon one shotting everyone.

i think even .50 would have problems at dealing with body armor at range.

Heres a proof for my claims:

So check snipers privilege? 

Edited by Marg

Thats what I meant by getting hit in certain areas doing more damage. Dude kept head shotting me and killing me with a TOR, from long range. If you are going for body shots on heavy targets then its multiple shots I believe. Although I am not entirely sure if I was always full health, but I do know the kill shots were always being  headshots.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with snipers 1 shotting me if they are clean headshots. I believe it takes some skill and timing to land a headshot from range on a moving target. One shotting people in the chest on a heavy armored target would be absurd.

Edited by ZeuZ

2 hours ago, ZeuZ said:

Just to be clear, I have no problem with snipers 1 shotting me if they are clean headshots. I believe it takes some skill and timing to land a headshot from range on a moving target. One shotting people in the chest on a heavy armored target would be absurd.

I would prefer they gave the option to add back and side plates and change the hit zones to the center other chest and then the outer.

I use the TOR exclusively since the other bolters cant be trusted to pull off 1shot head shot kills all the time. I can get shot int the gut by a g29 and die as well and when the tor kills people by hitting them in the back.

Ive people the option to add backplates and side plates that cover up the center chest so big bolters cant 1 shot people in the chest if they wear armor. Also the gut shot zone needs to change bad, it shouldn't do less the aiming for the chest.

Of course adjust the weight system so you dont have to go heavy if you want full plates still.

Want to kill the game? Add 1-shot sniper rifles with no "bullet drop". You can't have a weapon in-game that allows players to reach out from across the map and kill other players attempting to push the objective. You can't. Not unless you want some REALLY unhappy players.

Learn from the Battlefield series, folks, which this game clearly emulates.

If anything, the LMGs need the ability to deploy the bipod on ledges to receive the 90% recoil reduction, rather than only receiving that stabilized firing position in prone.

Edited by Bud

Snipers should be 1 hit headshot and 2 hit body imo. Not the sniper with 7.62 ammo maybe, but the other two should be.

11 hours ago, imareeldoge said:

MG5's TTK (time to kill) is really low. Even at longer distances this waepon can be a pain in the ass for players. It's recoil is quite managable so basically you can spit a whole mag directly onto a single point.  A moving soldier equiped with mg5 can easily kill a sniper on a distance of 100+ meters while sniper has to spit 3-4 bullets straight to enemy's face just to deal 90 damage.

Let's take TOR for an example. Few times i bodyshoted someone with TOR just to deal 15 DAMAGE!!!! Tor can damage a tank for 20+ damage but a moving soldier is waaay to much for it?!! Farm 51 WTF? I want to remind that TOR is a .50 cal sniper rifle, and we know that .50 BMG can basically penetrate any concrete wall that is up to 15 cm thick.'

Best way to fix this is to significantly increase MG5's damaga and increase sniper rifle'sarmor penetration and damage.

About TOR - you used regular ammo and probably hit a Class IV armor. Same case with helmets - they can protect you from one headshot kill.

So.. it is not a bug. Armor protects certain areas from at least 40% damage.

Gut shots are insanely efficient with ANY weapon. They are unarmored, and easier to hit than face/neck which is also uncovered.

About the MG5 tho... I can agree. It was supposed to have high recoil due to high firerate.... but it is too efficient, at least for me. And I am saying that in both cases after using MG5 and being killed with it.

Imagine when bipods will actually work... it will be a nightmare to deal with.

13 hours ago, imareeldoge said:

Oh, are these the guys going prone and letting me time to 3 tap them in the head before the start shooting? I dont think they are OP. What needs nerf ist .50 sniper, RPG and the shotguns.

Sign in to follow this