GameShock

More communication from dev's?

Considering how bad the launch of the game was it would be nice to hear more from dev's for some reassurance. There are small updates released but we have not been told what they are for or what they attempt to fix? I know we do not need to know every detail but it would be nice to know what is being worked on currently and what priority is. 

Are we going to get to see a roadmap? A list of features and the order they will be attempted to added? Most games give this before they go early access or as soon as the game launches publicly.. It gives us the info we need to know where the game is going to head and to know if we actually want to invest and buy the game at this early stage. 

It would just be nice to hear from actual dev's and not forum mods so we know our money is in good hands, being put to good use and not just going to end up like most other early access games, Money grab and then don't hear from the dev's from 1 month to the next. 

Whats-wrong-with-his-picture.gif

• Like 11

There is a community manager/developer in the discord that posts in the news section i believe he should also be posting the updates in that forum section as well. It would be very useful for people who don't use discord.

Edited by 1
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Road map is coming after they fix the master server completely and can focus on stuff that isn't getting the game completely running.. These devs are cool folks to talk too, it was cool talking with them and hanging in discord.

They have posted a couple times in some threads.

I agree, while I have little to no issues, the developers' lack of communication is causing more issues than its solving, the lack of communication will only become a tool for those that already oppose them.

• Like 2

Yea, totally agree with that. After such a bad realease we should know what is going on. And we have only info like "sorry", "soon", "No ETA", etc. And they said several times on discord/twitter we will know everything before buying a game. And we know only warzone. No Recon, no roadmap, no patch info, no work progress. Its becoming more and more frustrating over time. Hope we will get something today before weekend.

• Like 2

I honestly think they're doing a good job at communicating. They're very active on Twitter/Discord, even on Reddit if I recall correctly. The forum is not even 3 days old, give them a little time :D

Talking in discord is good and all but it's not official or doesn't reach all players I bet only like 20% of the players are in discord. there is even a section in game for messages and the last and only one is from September lol

Edited by GameShock
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, GameShock said:

Talking in discord is good and all but it's not official or doesn't reach all players I bet only like 20% of the players are in discord. there is even a section in game for messages and the last and only one is from September lol

Again, the game is only a week old in EA and the forums have been up for 3 days. Give it some time

they are active on twitter, but they just write the same over and over again.. with other words.

that they apologize, they are on it and so on

some news on the current phase / whats going on would be nice.

• Like 1

It's nice that they are active everywhere but THIS IS THE OFFICAL FORUM...
I don't want to check 1186218 different Reddit/Discord/FB/Twitter/WHATEVER to get the news, that should be posted here.
this should not be an attack or something similar, just objective criticism! ?

Exactly,i don't use discord,yeah i know that's my fault,but i already made a twitter account just to keep up with the news,which is mostly the same.

Would be nice if they actually started posting updates on their own forum.

The only reason to come to this forum is get official information... yet there is nothing here. A bit of communication would help deciding if I should request a refund....

Your link shows a login prompt for twitter. im not on twitter.

this is the official forum. post important information on YOUR forum.

Hey,

They are currently putting all their efforts (they even brought new devs) on the servers issues.

We had patchnotes and annoucements during the closed tests on this forum, i am sure they will come back to this habit once the servers are stable.

Communication with the community can make or break a game , since the server have been somewhat stable (but nowhere near acceptable) everything has gone very quiet. Facebook has nothing except they are now trying to sell merchandise , same with twitter and not everyone uses their discord and discord isnt a good means on community communication. State of the game and dev sitreps posted on all media platforms , marketing is dropping the ball here in a big way , this game has huge potential dont let it die because you can not keep us in the loop.

Im not registering on twitter just to get some news. I registered here just for that wtf.

If there is no communication in a few days i will go for a refund.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kulumatic said:

Im not registering on twitter just to get some news. I registered here just for that wtf.

If there is no communication in a few days i will go for a refund.

I've seen multiple posts by devs today across the forum already.

1 minute ago, Cral said:

Link some please i havent seen any posts by devs in the forum regarding whats going on 

Agree, although i think the twitter is handled by one of the moderators in all fairness...so in a sense that makes it worse? right? 

Either way i do think that a bit of a frequent update  every 2 days or something would go a long way, even if it's just a paragraph or few lines saying they are still hard at work and  eating pizzas and staying late till it's done.

I don't wanna say they have forgotten about us because that is not true, but communication from them to us has dropped a lot. 

@Muflex  - Any chance of asking one of the community managers (not mods) to just throw some information in the news section of the forums every 42 hours?? Please and thank you, much love!

2 minutes ago, Cral said:

Correct, but that is regarding issues people have posted, not really issues about what is going on.

Edited by Nuro

1 minute ago, Harshilizer said:

Link some please i havent seen any posts by devs in the forum regarding whats going on 

They were mostly in the design sub-forum by a dev named 'Kony'. I'm sure we'll see some more official posts when there's something official to say.

Edited by Cral

2 minutes ago, Cral said:

Where do i find those? I am interestend in what is going on in the grand scheme. It's been a week and the game hasnt changed much.

Just now, Cral said:

They were mostly in the design sub-forum by a dev named 'Kony'. I'm sure we'll see some more official posts when there's something official to say.

So no news on whats going on server wise or how its being handled , which i think is what everyone is getting at here not what gun skin is being designed 

4 minutes ago, Harshilizer said:

So no news on whats going on server wise or how its being handled , which i think is what everyone is getting at here not what gun skin is being designed 

There isn't really any news on that though as far as I'm aware. They could update us to say there's no update but really, the game is playable so it seems a bit unnecessary.

• Sad 1