GameShock

More communication from dev's?

Just now, Cral said:

There isn't really any news on that though as far as I'm aware. They could update us to say there's no update but really, the game is playable so it seems a bit unnecessary.

lol "the game is playable" , you know what ? the game is playable no more updates required devs. The freezes the jerking the bad optimization and the list goes on for days but its "playable" . You are correct i stand down .

Just now, Harshilizer said:

lol "the game is playable" , you know what ? the game is playable no more updates required devs. The freezes the jerking the bad optimization and the list goes on for days but its "playable" . You are correct i stand down .

By playable I mean you can actually log in, find a match and play it to completion, so yes it is playable. I'm not saying it doesn't have issues but until the devs have a firm idea of when they can release the next patch there isn't much to say. It'd be nice to get the odd "we're still working on it" post but it's not a big deal either way.

11 minutes ago, Cral said:

By playable I mean you can actually log in, find a match and play it to completion, so yes it is playable. I'm not saying it doesn't have issues but until the devs have a firm idea of when they can release the next patch there isn't much to say. It'd be nice to get the odd "we're still working on it" post but it's not a big deal either way.

Well one of the patches fixed saving load out when you quit the game this was a big issue and it would have been nice to know as after the update I played for 3 hours using 1 load out thinking it wouldn't save and didn't want to waste my time making multiple for them not to save. If I was informed the patch fixed it I would have got in and spent an hour making my load outs perfect how I wanted. This is just one example of why it's nice to be informed of stuff. 

They don't have to make a forum post over small patches but they don't even add it in steam. You know how almost every game adds a small hotfix or patch notes after every new little update. 

Edited by GameShock
  • Like 1

Just now, GameShock said:

Well one of the patches fixed saving load out when you quit the game this was a big issue and it would have been nice to know as after the update I played for 3 hours using 1 load out thinking it wouldn't save and didn't want to waste my time making multiple for them mot to save. If I was informed the patch fixed it I would have got in and spent an hour making my load outs perfect how I wanted. This is just one example of why it's nice to be informed of stuff. 

Fair point.

2 hours ago, Pierre-Loup346424 said:

Hey,

They are currently putting all their efforts (they even brought new devs) on the servers issues.

We had patchnotes and annoucements during the closed tests on this forum, i am sure they will come back to this habit once the servers are stable.

Everything seems to be done after the servers are stable,that's the only thing i'm reading for the last week.

News on the forums,oh yeah we'll do that after the servers are stable,roadmap? after the servers are stable,communication? after the servers are stable.

How long is it gonna take before the servers are stable?

And what is the next step after the servers are stable,are they gonna work on optimization or spawnpoints or what.

I stopped playing because the fps drops and freeze frames are terrible,would be nice to have a indication on when they are going to fix that.

Edited by Dimera

6 minutes ago, Dimera said:

Everything seems to be done after the servers are stable,that's the only thing i'm reading for the last week.

News on the forums,oh yeah we'll do that after the servers are stable,roadmap? after the servers are stable,communication? after the servers are stable.

How long is it gonna take before the servers are stable?

And what is the next step after the servers are stable,are they gonna work on optimization or spawnpoints or what.

I stopped playing because the fps drops and freeze frames are terrible,would be nice to have a indication on when they are going to fix that.

I understand that your are frustrated to not see improvement performance wise.

Even if you don't want to play you, atleast, you have the choice, you have the possibility the load a map, shoot some bad guys.

Some of us out there can't join a single match.

In my opinion this is far more frustrating and i understand that the devs are focused on that.

The game is out publicly for one week, please give them some time ;)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pierre-Loup346424 said:

I understand that your are frustrated to not see improvement performance wise.

Even if you don't want to play you, atleast, you have the choice, you have the possibility the load a map, shoot some bad guys.

Some of us out there can't join a single match.

In my opinion this is far more frustrating and i understand that the devs are focused on that.

The game is out publicly for one week, please give them some time ;)

I'm not frustrated about the performance,in fact i'm not frustrated at all,i'm fully aware this is in early access and everybody is working their skin of their fingers to get everything fixed.

On the other side,i can't really shoot some bad guys because of the low fps and freeze frames i'm getting,but again,i understand that's all part of EA.

I'm still having loads of fun in arma so i got patience.

I just find it weird there isn't a roadmap of some sorts to let people know what the plans are after the servers are fixed,the only thing i'm hearing right now on every bug and issue is ''after the servers are fixed''.

That's the only news i'm getting,and that's on twitter,last friday i had to make a twitter account to get updates on why i wasn't able to join a game.

What's the priority after the servers are fixed,what are the plans,is there an indication on when the servers are going to be fixed,days?weeks?months?

I sure wanna know,and i think i'm not the only one,if i read some tweets people are getting impatience and want to hear something else then ''after the servers are fixed.

Edited by Dimera

Simple updates. Take a page from Battle state Games / Escape from Tarkov. Patch notes great, even the smallest item gets recognized. Also people rely on patches notes to gauge whether it has actually fixed settings for them. It takes almost a week to fix a master server? New Server Company? Maybe they should do a live stream and update everyone?

Patches Notes:

"Server Improvements" - it's that easy. 

At the very least everyone who had paid for this game, deserves more then we are fixing the master server for a over a week. ETA?

Edited by acedl

6 hours ago, Harshilizer said:

Communication with the community can make or break a game , since the server have been somewhat stable (but nowhere near acceptable) everything has gone very quiet. Facebook has nothing except they are now trying to sell merchandise , same with twitter and not everyone uses their discord and discord isnt a good means on community communication. State of the game and dev sitreps posted on all media platforms , marketing is dropping the ball here in a big way , this game has huge potential dont let it die because you can not keep us in the loop.

We're responding to as many posts as we can on Twitter. Unfortunately, we don't have much to update you guys with currently other than we are working on resolving the server issues. We'll hopefully be able to provide more comprehensive changelogs soon.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Just now, vin said:

We're responding to as many posts as we can on Twitter. Unfortunately, we don't have much to update you guys with currently other than we are working on resolving the server issues.

How can i read this stuff with no twitter account? The link you posted on page 1 needs a twitter account. It seems I should have rather made a twitter account than an account on the official forum?

And why aren't you using your forum?

I think they will use the forum, but need to resolve all server issues (I know it's same old story) I think Twitter/Discrod is easier as there are more people up there. For example I had to wait few hours to get activation e-mail for forum. 

I think a little bit more patience is what devs need, especially with such a small team. 

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

I think they will use the forum, but need to resolve all server issues (I know it's same old story) I think Twitter/Discrod is easier as there are more people up there. For example I had to wait few hours to get activation e-mail for forum. 

I think a little bit more patience is what devs need, especially with such a small team. 

According to some news articles they sold 100,000 Copies In 2 Days,if they didn't get some help from the outside resolving these issues this game deserves to fail.

I keep hearing this small team argument but i'm sure it isn't as small as you think it is.

19 minutes ago, Dimera said:

According to some news articles they sold 100,000 Copies In 2 Days,if they didn't get some help from the outside resolving these issues this game deserves to fail.

I keep hearing this small team argument but i'm sure it isn't as small as you think it is.

Depends on what you define as small. Compared to AAA studios like DICE/EA this definitely is small. The comparison here because the game is very BF inspired.

While they might've sold very well they weren't prepared for it and you got to give them some time to fix things. For 90% of the people the game is actually working and they are playing. 

4 minutes ago, DIR3WOLF said:

Depends on what you define as small. Compared to AAA studios like DICE/EA this definitely is small. The comparison here because the game is very BF inspired.

While they might've sold very well they weren't prepared for it and you got to give them some time to fix things. For 90% of the people the game is actually working and they are playing. 

DICE doesn't have a very big team on battlefield either,they got more games,so the employees are spread out across multiple games.

29 minutes ago, Dimera said:

The company has over 100 staff it says so on there website however it ofc doesent mean they are all working on ww3 but yeah that's how many staff the company has in total. 

4 hours ago, GameShock said:

The company has over 100 staff it says so on there website however it ofc doesent mean they are all working on ww3 but yeah that's how many staff the company has in total. 

Yep and like about 50 of those were/are beta-testers (they even posted picture of them one time on FB or Twitter) so even if they weren't hired for testing only they aren't programmers so they can't help much. 

Also about 10-20 people are working on Chernobylite so I don't know how big developers team is right now, but it isn't big enough and they are facing huge issues. 

And yes they got help from outside source and they hired another team/company to resolve server issues. 

I think we will got a lot of communication from devs I only posted a problem with connecting on Discord and someone from the team reached out to me in no time to assist me and find a solution. I don't know maybe with so huge Discord community they don't have enough people to communicate through forum, discord and twitter. 

They should but give them few more days before throwing them under the bus.