Sign in to follow this  
ZeuZ

Squad Leader Spawning

Can someone explain how you spawn on a squad leader? It seems sometimes you can, and sometimes can't. Has anyone figured out why?

I think it is pretty much the same system as in bf2. As long as the squad leader is in a firefight you are not able to spawn by his side. He needs to get cover and he needs to stop fighting. 

I think it has nothing to do with this, because I can't spawn at the squad leader even he is alone and not in a firefight... 

I know you can not spawn at him if he is taken a capture point (don't know if it's true but I hear it) 

I see this happen autoplaced in a squad at the start of every round/game, unable to spawn on leader.

If i switch it up and/or go back to original squad the spawn issue is fixed.

Yea its totally bugged it seems. I can sometimes spawn on the leader and sometimes I cannot. Firefight or not in combat sometimes I just cannon spawn on them. Also tried it with a group of 4 guildies rotating squad lead and we could not spawn on the leader regardless of who had lead.

Leaving the squad and joining it again seems to fix the issue of not being able to spawn on squad leader for me.

4 hours ago, LoSti's World said:

I think it has nothing to do with this, because I can't spawn at the squad leader even he is alone and not in a firefight... 

I know you can not spawn at him if he is taken a capture point (don't know if it's true but I hear it) 

This is correct, you can't spawn on a leader when they're on a point. It looks like spawning on the leader is still bugged in some cases, I hope they fix that soon as it really makes squad play difficult.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZeuZ said:

Can someone explain how you spawn on a squad leader? It seems sometimes you can, and sometimes can't. Has anyone figured out why?

When respawning, click on the STAR instead of a point.

For me personally the spawn on squadleader is working fine. I haven't had a situation so far where i wasn't able to spawn on Lead.
I also had the honor to be the squadlead and i didn't had the feeling that people aren't able to spawn on me. Even when i was in a big fight or caping a point they have been able to join.

Could be possible that i missed something and this is not completely right but i haven't had looked into the squadlead spawn system to deep so far. I more just enjoy the Game even that it is still buggy and early access of course.

There's a bug that makes it impossible to spawn at SL at all for the entirety of the match for some players. I haven't found a pattern as to when in kicks in. That being said, when it works as intended, SL has to be not in a fire fight. I had few instances where out of 4 people in the squad (+1 as Squad Leader so 5 total) only 1 could consistently spawn on SL and other 3 couldn't.

Edited by Marrond

When it's bugged and you can't spawn on your squad leader, you have to leave the squad and rejoin.

3 hours ago, Q-Tip said:

When it's bugged and you can't spawn on your squad leader, you have to leave the squad and rejoin.

Just discovered this by accident, haven't seen your message - thank you tho! Raise awareness :D