Gemini899

[GUIDE] How to Fix stuttering and Improve FPS in World War 3

Hello guys, i tried some progress on the performance of ww3 with some trick i wanted to share with evrything i discovered these days to lower the stuttering in game.

First method, devote more cpu to the game so as to improve the performance stuttering and fps drop, ww3 does not use much power of your cpu and I think this is one of the many problems of low optimization, so what we do will be to dedicate more power cpu to WW3 with this method:

(STEP 1) GIVE MORE CPU POWER

Hold Press Windows Key+R or type in  windows search bar "run"

In the run search bar type "regedit"

2116849737_screen1.thumb.png.d76546efde5ace8f7bc09e0295abd226.png

and now fallow this directory: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

create a new folder/key with right click in Image file execution options and call it WW3-Win64-Shipping.exe

48180941_screen2.thumb.png.0025beae64fdbe9f462158a1b8d6da90.png

Create a new folder under the WW3-Win64-Shipping.exe folder and call it PerfOptions

now right click inside PerfOption Create a new DWORD (32 bit)  rename it CpuPriorityClass

now double click  on CpuPriorityClass and change in 3

1053864605_screen3.thumb.png.c393b46f235ea6da1cfc5551f8fbc70a.png

(STEP 2) FIX WINDOWS MEMORY LEAK *ONLY FOR WINDOWS 10*
with this passage we improve the consumption of ram by windows and dedicate the maximum to ww3.

Always in regedit fallow the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu

now double click on Start and set value on 4

384916645_screen4.thumb.png.5a17aea0592bc64135d1ac96769666f1.png

(STEP 3) EDIT ENGINE.INI FILE *BIG IMPROVEMENT* 

Navigate in this directory  C:/users/youpcname/AppData/Local/WW3/Saved/config/WindowsNoEditor  

*if you can't see AppData folder enable hidden folders*  it's pretty easy to do, but if you have no idea how to do here quick youtube tutorial for how enable hidden folder TUTORIAL

Find and open the file called Engine.ini  delete all and paste this script 

(IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 12GB OF RAM EDIT r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=1 IN r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=0 

[Core.System]
Paths=../../../Engine/Content
Paths=%GAMEDIR%Content
Paths=../../../WW3/Plugins/AnimationExtender/Content
Paths=../../../WW3/Plugins/ImpostorBaker/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/BlueprintMaterialTextureNodes/Content
Paths=../../../WW3/Plugins/Wwise/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/2D/Paper2D/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/CryptoKeys/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Enterprise/DatasmithContent/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Media/MediaCompositing/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/CryptoKeys/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Enterprise/DatasmithContent/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Media/MediaCompositing/Content

[/script/engine.engine]
bUseVSync=false
MaxPixelShaderAdditiveComplexityCount=128
MaxES2PixelShaderAdditiveComplexityCount=45
IdealLightMapDensity=0.02
MaxLightMapDensity=0.05

[/script/engine.garbagecollectionsettings]
TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=15

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=30
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionMipLevelFactor=0.0
r.AmbientOcclusionMaxQuality=3
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=3
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=0.0
r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=False
r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusion=False
r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=False
r.DefaultFeature.AutoExposure=False
r.DistanceFieldAO=3
r.VolumetricFog=0
r.VolumetricFog.GridPixelSize=0
r.VolumetricFog.GridSizeZ=0
r.AllowLandscapeShadows=1
r.LightMaxDrawDistanceScale=1
r.ParticleLightQuality=1
r.LightPropagationVolume=1
r.ReflectionEnvironment=1
r.MSAA.CompositingSampleCount=2
r.ViewDistanceScale=0.6
r.PostProcessAAQuality=2
r.BlurGBuffer=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=5
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=1
r.BloomQuality=0
r.FastBlurThreshold=0
r.Upscale.Quality=0
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
r.TonemapperQuality=0
r.LightShaftQuality=0
r.RefractionQuality=0
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=1
r.Shadow.DistanceScale=0.001
r.Shadow.CachedShadowsCastFromMovablePrimitives=0
r.ShadowQuality=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=1
r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.1
r.Shadow.CSM.TransitionScale=0
r.LPV.RSMResolution=4
r.Streaming.MipBias=0
r.Streaming.PoolSize=2000
r.Streaming.PoolSize=0
r.FinishCurrentFrame=0
r.MaxAnisotropy=8
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=6
r.SSR=0
r.SceneColorFormat=2
r.DetailMode=0
r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
r.SSS.Scale=0
r.SSS.SampleSet=0
r.SSS.Quality=0
r.SSS.HalfRes=1
r.GBufferFormat=3
r.VirtualTexture=1
r.VirtualTextureReducedMemory=1
s.AsyncLoadingThreadEnabled=1
r.MaterialQualityLevel=2
r.Filter.SizeScale=0.2
r.setres=640x480wf
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0.1
r.TonemapperGamma=2.5
r.DeferSkeletalDynamicDataUpdateUntilGDME=1
r.DeferUniformBufferUpdatesUntilVisible=1
r.DoInitViewsLightingAfterPrepass=1
r.SkinCache.Mode=1
r.ClearWithExcludeRects=2
r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
r.OptimizeForUAVPerformance=1
r.Streaming.Boost=0
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2
r.UseShaderCaching=1
r.UseShaderPredraw=1
r.Shaders.FastMath=1
r.bForceCPUAccessToGPUSkinVerts=True
r.Streaming.FramesForFullUpdate=240

[ConsoleVariables]
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesDuringGamethreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesDuringGamethreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesEditor=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesEditor=1
r.DeferSkeletalDynamicDataUpdateUntilGDME=1
r.DeferUniformBufferUpdatesUntilVisible=1
r.DoInitViewsLightingAfterPrepass=1
r.SkinCache.Mode=1
r.ClearWithExcludeRects=2
r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1

[TextureStreaming]
BoostPlayerTextures=1.0
AllowStreamingLightmaps=False
r.Streaming.DropMips=0
r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=1
r.Streaming.MipBias=0
r.Streaming.UseAllMips=1
r.Streaming.UseMaterialData=1
r.Streaming.UseNewMetrics=1
r.Streaming.UsePerTextureBias=1

now restart your PC to apply the changes if everything went as expected you should see the game much more fluid and with less stuttering.

And do not forget to enable in the game settings  one frame thread lag
this feature will greatly increase your  fps by defoult is disabled but I recommend keeping it always enabled.
I hope that all this can help you let me know if you also notice improvements with these changes and I wish the developers good luck, hoping that they can improve the performances of this fantastic game!

Edited by Gemini899
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

In case people do not know what this is doing, it is setting the priority of CPU usage to the game to highest priority, 

Edit: Although you cant do this with WW3 you can still set priority levels with the following

You can also do this by pressing "control-alt-del" to bring up the process window and then right click on WW3 and "go to details" and then find the .exe again, right click and  "set priority" -> set it to high.

If you use this then be warned that other programs you use could suffer so recording  gameplay might mess up etc.

Further more this is not always guaranteed to work, and please for the love of god be careful if you are messing around in the registry.

Just to add onto this, you can do the following so you don't have to go clicking around in the registry.

Open notepad and enter the following 

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\WW3-Win64-Shipping.exe\PerfOptions]
"CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000003

Then save the file to the desktop as ".reg" and then just run that file on the desktop.

Edited by Nuro

dear  @Nuro in this way to create the folder automatically but to set the value of the cpu you must always open the registry and create the DWORD CpuPriorityClass and give it the value ... in any case they had to set the value manually so it makes no sense even create only confusion and make people believe that they work without opening the register but that's not the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuro said:

You can also do this by pressing "control-alt-del" to bring up the process window and then right click on WW3 and "go to details" and then find the .exe again, right click and  "set priority" -> set it to high.

it is not unfeasible too, UnrealEngine 4  not allowed to change the priority as the application and then started the only way to do it permanently and through the registry

Edited by Gemini899

54 minutes ago, Gemini899 said:

it is not unfeasible too, UnrealEngine 4  not allowed to change the priority as the application and then started the only way to do it permanently and through the registry

just tried - @Gemini899 is correct - you need to change it like he described in this short tutorial. 

I just tweaked and got little improvement. 

thanks to @Gemini899

Specs:  HP Omen 17-w107ng (UHD, 1070)

Edited by Stundorn
  • Like 1

Hey Guys,

this Guide worked very well for me. I'm playing on this Rig: i5-6500 / GTX 960 / 16GB Ram
Beforce tweaking i've had round 60 FPS while I've been out of any fights. In fights round 30 fps. All on low Settings and 1440p.

Now I'm running WW3 (same Settings) with round 90 FPS outfights. Infights round 60 FPS.

So Thanks to @Gemini899

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gemini899 said:

dear  @Nuro in this way to create the folder automatically but to set the value of the cpu you must always open the registry and create the DWORD CpuPriorityClass and give it the value ... in any case they had to set the value manually so it makes no sense even create only confusion and make people believe that they work without opening the register but that's not the case.

I wasn't aware that changes can't be made once the game is running but i posted that method to show people how they can do it that way as well (edited post) further more the easiest way  and probably the most safest for now savy pc users is the notepad way like i mentioned.

Further more its good to see someone trying to help the community, gg.

Edited by Nuro

"And do not forget to enable in the game settings  one frame thread lag"  How to do this ? 

nothing more than a placebo, only the optimization the game can fix the situation FPS

Ww3 Screenshot 2018.10.26 - 17.19.19.95.png

Edited by DarkEmpire

18 minutes ago, Slav83 said:

"And do not forget to enable in the game settings  one frame thread lag"  How to do this ? 

It's on the first menu of the graphics options. The bottom line I believe

• Like 1

Hi there,

When i first played the game (during closed test 4) and even when the game was available for everyone it was painful for me to play.

I had horrendously long loading time, terrible stuttering when entering a maps for several minutes and FPS drops to the abyss during the match.

Since then i made the following changes :

- Using the settings from Zacapa's thread : great improvements ! Reduced the initial stutter and also reduced the occurence of FPS drops, maps were also loading faster.

- Upgrading to 16Gb RAM instead of 8Gb : gameplay is way smoother, all loadings are far shorter

- Using the registry edits from this thread : first impression is that the loadings are blazing fast, tested quickly with Teamviewer, i took me 3 minutes from Steam to me running around on the map, couldn't test the framerate properly yet.

The last two have been tested on short periods only (30 minutes for the RAM update and remotely for 10 minutes for the registry tricks) but my point is that the game can deliver better performance with some little tweaks until the devs actually start to optimize it. Allowing us to already play and enjoy this gem.

We have to stick together and keep helping each other, WP boyz, this community is great !

EDIT : PC Specs : i7 4790k 4,5GHz / GTX 980 1481MHz / 16Gb 1866MHz RAM / game on SSD

Edited by Pierre-Loup346424
added PC Specs
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pierre-Loup346424 said:

- Using the settings from Zacapa's thread : great improvements ! Reduced the initial stutter and also reduced the occurence of FPS drops, maps were also loading faster.

can be more?

A quick question...

When the devs do release a fix, should we then BEFORE delete the reg. entrys that the OP (gemini899) suggest?

Thanks,

Red

1 hour ago, Gemini899 said:

@Slav83 in the game settings frist page last setting you can find "one frame thread lag"

Thanks

@RedOneAlpha in theory it's not a bad thing to leave it like that but I'll let you know when that happens, stay up on the forum.

Edited by Gemini899

1 hour ago, DarkEmpire said:

nothing more than a placebo, only the optimization the game can fix the situation FPS

Ww3 Screenshot 2018.10.26 - 17.19.19.95.png

Please let me know what you are using to get that info during gameplay, CPU, GPU stats. Thanks in advanced!

1 minute ago, morphine said:

Please let me know what you are using to get that info during gameplay, CPU, GPU stats. Thanks in advanced!

msi afterburner

• Like 1

What's od the standard value for start on ndu? When i did it my system started to reseting

Edited by Prycol