I think everyone here would love to see their nation represented in game.
Here is how I think Norway would look like, and a bit of why I think Norway could be a priority. 

BALTIC.png

TMBN.png

TMBN KIT.png

HK417.png

Minimi.png

MP7.png

DINGO2.png

IFVCV90.png

IVECO.png

• Like 5

Love the work you've done! It's awesome! ? Only thing is that the Norwegian forces are likely to be put in Norway rather than the Baltic region. I understand you're saying that they are a critical part to the defence of that region and that's true, however talking about 'national pride' the Baltics probably would like to represent their own country's armed & special forces [Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania].

• Like 1

Sooo.. Norwegian Forces are just German Forces with a belgium LMG? You don't need a new faction for this. The HK417 will most likely come if they add DMRs. MP7 and MP5 would be SMGs they should add very soon, since they are german SMGs and german forces are already there. The german ATF Dingo is a armored personnel carrier, since they dont have any by now, I dont think they need to add them anytime in the future, but if, you wouldn't need norwegian forces again, since the ATF Dingo is again german. The FN Minimi will most likely drop as the M249 SAW, since that is the best known version of that LMG. Again, you wouldnt need new forces for that, since many armies use this gun.

Germany export weapons to many nations, but I don't think it is a valid reason to exclude any nation in a game called "WW3", just because they don't manufacture their own weaponry.
And of course Baltic nations would be more fit in a DLC focused on the Baltic nations. I, however focus on NATO's eFP in the Baltic nations to explain why it wouldn't be unheard of to see Norwegian forces in a game that is currently focused on Central and Eastern Europe.

I would love to see more nations represented in the game, and I do encourage you to push for your own nations. After all, the game is called World war 3.
I, however focus on my own nation. And since the game is in early access, I think is the perfect time to talk about future content.

Edited by Landsfaderen
  • Like 2

Yes, this is a reason. Since it is a game and I dont want to lose 500Gb of space only because everyone wants his own nation in this game, without any gameplay or content-related argument. The brits and the US would be good factions to add. China would be a good faction. Cause then you could add many new content related to the nations. But for Norway, you just would add already existing stuff..

@KillPhil

So we should not add smaller European nations nations, and would-be big players in the region, because you are concerned about disc space? And how would adding China be easier on your hard drive? And besides, if several nations use similar weapons, wouldn't it be more content giving to add 3 or 4 different nations of which arsenals makes up the arsenal of 1 larger nation?  They could just add some more camo patterns and patches, and we could get the best of both worlds. 

This game is relatively small in size compared to other games being released. About less than half of what currently BF1 requires, and that game is 2 years old by now.
New games will continue to grow in size, so having to upgrade ones hardware is something one just has to deal with. But still, the notion that the games storage requirement will grow with 450GB is hysterical.

Edited by Landsfaderen

5 minutes ago, Noosa said:

Na fuck that. Add Australia instead.

That would be cool, but I am not that familiar with Australias relations to Central European nations. Is there any reason why they should be prioritized over a European nation assigned by NATO to have a presence in that region?

1 minute ago, Landsfaderen said:

That would be cool, but I am not that familiar with Australias relations to Central European nations. Is there any reason why they should be prioritized over a European nation assigned by NATO to have a presence in that region?

Its just a joke since you went to a fair amount of effort there. It would be cool to see a Steyr AUG though.

As for our relations i actually don't know the lore for this game but we're a part of NATO and have joined the US in every conflict since the second world war.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Noosa said:

Its just a joke since you went to a fair amount of effort there. It would be cool to see a Steyr AUG though.

As for our relations i actually don't know the lore for this game but we're a part of NATO and have joined the US in every conflict since the second world war.

Oh, haha! That went right over my head.
Yeah, I agree. It would be a nice addition to the game.

22 hours ago, Landsfaderen said:

I think Norway could be a priority. 

Yeah no. 

I like the main ideea tho.

20 minutes ago, Lazyyawn said:

Yeah no. 

I like the main ideea tho.

So it is impossible that NATOs Enhanced Forward Presence in the Baltics could be prioritized in a game set in Central Europe?

@KillPhil   One of the reasons why many people are looking forward to this game is to see fresh new nations being represented instead of the boring old America-Britain-France-Germany-Russia trope. The game is called World War 3 afterall. WWII games already suffer from a lack of originality and underrepresentation, always only showing America, Britain, Germany and Russia (as if they're the only countries who fought in WWII) with the only scenarios ever being Normandy, Berlin and Stalingrad (as if those are the only interesting places where the war was fought). Luckily Farm51 isn't EA, Activision, etc ... and this time we're bound to see something original. The devs have already stated that they'll try to add as many countries as they can from all over the globe, although prioritising popular demand. I'll gladly see Norway added as much as any country.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Landsfaderen said:

@KillPhil

So we should not add smaller European nations nations, and would-be big players in the region, because you are concerned about disc space? And how would adding China be easier on your hard drive? And besides, if several nations use similar weapons, wouldn't it be more content giving to add 3 or 4 different nations of which arsenals makes up the arsenal of 1 larger nation?

No, we shouldnt add them because its just not important. Some new badges or crap.. nobody needs that. Also, your national flag is already there to put on your soldier so you can build your norwegian forces if you cant play otherwise. China e.g. could add several new rifles, tanks, APCs and much more..

Your 2nd point is senseless, since there is no "arsenal". You can choose every gun you like for every faction. So again, they could just add some more common german guns, and you wouldnt need a new faction for this.

The only reason I would accept to bring small no-content-factions in, is when they make Levels in the region of e.g. Norway.

Well, i have no interest for this nation whatsoever, but the work done here is really cool.

But yeah, i also think China would be a great addition because of the weapon diversity they have (Type 88 and Type 95, i want you so badlyyy), and adding an Asian frontline could give us way more guns to play with (Chineses, Japaneses and... Well okay, there is not much nations in asia that have a lot of firearms and both China and Japan have a lot of crappy one). 

The only problem i personaly have is this question in mind: "Will the game feature guns that are not used by the army forces we can play ?". If the answer is yes, it's a great news, as we could play some nation without bothering about the loadout they can bring to the game. If it's no, then some nation will be more interesting than other. Like USA, Norway (they have a bunch of guns), China, Japan, etc....

So, i would love to see this nation in game with the guns you showed, but that's still too light of an addition for me, i would love to see a huge gun diversity in the game, if possible with a decent balance between them and a real choice between damage, fire rate, accuracy, versatility, etc... China or USA are both more intersting in my opinion 

• Confused 1

I think, as long as a nation is operating in the area, It shouldn't matter from where that nation has its borders. Like it would be stupid to be against an American DLC, just because America itself, is located across the ocean.

If a war broke out in the region which the game is set, you would see American troops, and you would also see Norwegian troops.
And because of Norway's role in NATOs eFP program, Norway would be one of the first ones you'd see.

Edited by Landsfaderen
Typo

I still dont know what exactly you want to add then. I already showed that all those guns and vehicles you would add belong to other factions. So what do you add with Norway? Outfits? New Character language?

3 hours ago, KillPhil said:

I still dont know what exactly you want to add then. I already showed that all those guns and vehicles you would add belong to other factions. So what do you add with Norway? Outfits? New Character language?

To me it's pretty obvious what he wants added. He wants three new weapons, the HK417, the MK46 and the MP7, probably a norwegian camo pattern and a TMBN emblem for his sleeve. I don't understand why you're going on about the weapons and vehicles "belonging to another faction". At the end of the day you'd get a set of new weapons that fits the game and a cool camo on top.

Edited by Morc Prime
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1