Lazyyawn

This game needs a proper minimap asap

I'm confused sometimes I'm able to see the minimap in the corner left of the screen, but in the rest of 99% of time i have to press M to see the map which is really frustrating and more often than not, you lose all sense of orientation when people are shooting, especially with the friendly fire turned on  if you get hit by a random bullet from your teammate which triggers the damage detection, you then naturally turn around (not being able to see enemies/allies marked on a proper minimap) and get shot from behind (this being one of the many situations where minimap is necessary).

Also marking enemies seems pointless since you don't get a minimap to see them on, you need it to position yourself/squad more efficiently for fights/defense/taking points or just for simply having a clue what is going on in the surrounding area, I often see people shooting randomly in some areas, if a 5+ player fight take place over a point and another player just arrives in that point he has no clue what is going on without opening the map ( a minimap would help him better seeing the position of his allies/enemies  and adjust accordingly even if the enemies weren't marked)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The reason why the minimap is only occasionally able to be viewed is because it is designed that when a UAV scans the map, it reveals enemy locations (hence opens the minimap) - When no UAVs are in operation, there is no minimap). But I do agree that a minimap permanently would be pretty valuable! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi Lazyyawn, currently the minimap only appears when you are in a UAV monitored area. As for spotted enemies I'm not sure sure how that works currently.
But in keeping with the emphasis on team play WW3 has I think spotting should be shared to only your squad, unless you are squad leader in which case it should also be shared with other squad leaders. Personally I like the current mini-map system as it promotes use of UAV's and Jammers and you spend more time checking corners playing the game than just watching top left corner of your screen waiting for red blips.

• Like 4

@Lynx The UAV feature could work fine even if you have a minimap by default, it can just do the scanning for enemies and showing the results on minimap. 

@Whiskey Thanks for the clarification, having the minimap feels like it helps me a lot honestly, UAV's and Jammers would still have a role to play you don't need to promote their usage. Spotting could work for the whole team, even if you take in consideration spotting to be a realistic feature, soldier have comms and can share information, and gameplay  wise .. spotting could work showing enemies on the minimap for a limited amount of time, 

Although the lack of a minimap encourages teaming up and playing as a squad, it also punishes kinda harsh those who play solo/ can't really find a squad/ don't know how/ or play more casually, which I think it shouldn't be the case.

You could add some nerfs to the permanent minimap if implemented like adding a feature to the Jammer to disable it completely while in it's radius/ limit it's maximum radius/etc, but I still think a default minimap is a must for this game.

• Like 1

How about instead of having the Jamming error at the bottom or have no minimaps at all... have a no signal sign showing on the top left.

120250752_nosignal.jpg.f1b58aff6497f57c18296deac750c6cd.jpg

• Like 4

After thinking a little bit on this, I agree. There should be an empty minimap showing only your teammates if you have no UAV up and

2 minutes ago, kinkysumo said:

How about instead of having the Jamming error at the bottom or have no minimaps at all... have a no signal sign showing on the top left.

I like this idea a lot.

• Like 3

This is my honest and good opinion on this. I have never been a fan of mini-maps for a few reasons, to which ill state below.

-The minimap is akin to holding a map up at your face in combat and well coming from the likes of ARMA and Escape From Tarkov.  lets face it folks, A soldier wouldn't be using a map in active combat, and that is what happens is the mini-map "gives too much information" Instead of relying on Basic Orienteering or combat awareness I feel minimap usage very frequently results in people playing tactical and sneaky to wind up getting ramboed by someone because they showed up as a pip on the map, As it is now the minimap is great as it requires a UAV to do the spotting work and gives the UAV far more purpose AND their is a technological backing for having a HUD that connects to another device.

Segwey from "too much information" This can also hurt sniper teams as well as most traditional minimaps make you show up on radar when you fire. this can be a pain in the ass for sufficiently expert sniper teams and make their efforts to be effective on holding objectives or harassing behind enemy lines far more difficult,

-Operating without a minimap teaches people about basic Orienteering and makes the M key map so much more relevant, Once you figure out the layout of the map it becomes easy to know exactly where you are on the map**, Further more it helps to drastically increase your combat awareness over time, From not using the minimap I know where my buddies are situated around me just by the noise they make I found that once I abandoned minimap syndrome (Staring at the minimap through a fight) I actually preform far better as I'm using my eyes and ears to get a grasp on where someone is and in the end its Oh So much more rewarding.

** This is why they make friendly fire allot more forgiving so if your buddy rounds a corner your watching and you open fire it wont harm him as bad as an enemy, you may get chewed out for it but well, it was his fault for approaching around a potentially hostile corner.

I frequently run solo myself unless I'm with a follower / friend squad and i feel so long as I'm careful and I'm battle aware I do just fine. like if I'm around a corner and i hear a thunder of footsteps I'm not going to peek that corner until they pass as i know theirs a crapton of soldiers and I'm at a severe disadvantage if i choose to engage them at the wrong time.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lazyyawn said:

I'm confused sometimes I'm able to see the minimap in the corner left of the screen, but in the rest of 99% of time i have to press M to see the map which is really frustrating and more often than not, you lose all sense of orientation when people are shooting, especially with the friendly fire turned on  if you get hit by a random bullet from your teammate which triggers the damage detection, you then naturally turn around (not being able to see enemies/allies marked on a proper minimap) and get shot from behind (this being one of the many situations where minimap is necessary).

Also marking enemies seems pointless since you don't get a minimap to see them on, you need it to position yourself/squad more efficiently for fights/defense/taking points or just for simply having a clue what is going on in the surrounding area, I often see people shooting randomly in some areas, if a 5+ player fight take place over a point and another player just arrives in that point he has no clue what is going on without opening the map ( a minimap would help him better seeing the position of his allies/enemies  and adjust accordingly even if the enemies weren't marked)

As you learn the maps and develop game awareness this will become less of an issue. Also spotting is really useful because it puts a 3D marker on the enemy, so you can see them behind walls and such without needing a map.

1 hour ago, KillPhil said:

This isnt BF, this isnt KoD .. pls leave a few tactical and realistic systems.

Realistic ? soldiers have comms, radars that work ALL THE TIME/heat vision/ satellite you name it ...  I'm surprised you want this feature removed since almost every fps you play so far has it implemented because it's a core element of an fps game.

I think there are more arguments for which it should be in-game, but if the players don't want it, that's it .. i'll just remain surprised. ?

• Like 1

Minimap is up when UAV is in the air. And only then. It's quite a nice touch, really. Open a map if you need it, it's under M button.

Edited by Marrond
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lazyyawn said:

Realistic ? soldiers have comms, radars that work ALL THE TIME/heat vision/ satellite you name it ...  I'm surprised you want this feature removed since almost every fps you play so far has it implemented because it's a core element of an fps game.

I think there are more arguments for which it should be in-game, but if the players don't want it, that's it .. i'll just remain surprised. ?

There are plenty of arguments against it:

- If I flank a team and start shooting them they should have to figure out where I am, not just get told on a map.

- When I'm going to great lengths to sneak up on a tank and rocket it, the last thing I want is to flash up on a map every time I fire. The driver should have to locate me, which makes shooting out the optics that much more effective.

- Mini-maps lead to a lot of UI watching, which can be a pretty boring way to play.

- While real soldiers may have comms and radar, they don't run around with a real-time map in front of their face 100% of the time. Having a map with some information that you have to bring up manually is both more realistic and better for gameplay in my opinion.

Also all of the pro-minimap arguments you've made have been countered in some way, looking through the thread I don't see any positives to adding a mini-map, to be honest it just sounds like you need to spend more time learning the maps rather than asking for a crutch of a feature.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

To me, the maps are not currently that hard to find your way around, if your learn them (think rainbow six siege where your forces into learning the maps - I feel it makes you better at the game). I didn't realize that the UAV scorestreak brings up the mini-map, that's kind of cool.

• Like 1

i like that there is no active mini map all the time. this is a shooter with tactical elements. and all the tactical shooters i played  has no mini map. so having one at all is a nice surprise because i expected not to have one at all. calling a UAV to give u a map temporarly is a healthy balance. having people come up on the map would be to strong and slow down gameplay. if u see someone shooting on the map, both of u would be leaning on a corner waiting for eachother to make a move or take him out before he sees u all the time, armor would have the advantage as well. it would break the game honestly.

i do like the no signal idea, but that doesnt make it so a map should be avaliable all the time. if someone calls a UAV i can have the option of putting a Reaper ontop of that to cancel it out showing the "no signal" thing from the enemy. having static sounds and that rainbow tv effect ontop of the screen isnt enough imo.

if the developers want they can make friendly fire not give the directional damage arrow. but ur soldier says 'friendly fire' and other funny battlelines so this shouldnt be an issue. but if thats not enough theres ur middle ground.

i do like that u have to look around for your target when u spot them bc they do not show up on the map, it makes the UAV stronger. in my experience they do not appear around walls or cover. its like battlefield 1. they only appear when they are in ur line of sight. and u can only spot one target per soldier a nice change.

the mini map is to zoomed in making it wierd to look at. i would like it if it shown abit more so it doesnt looks like its squishing between my eye balls. 

Edited by Amaterasu
  • Like 2

u can place a mini map in game look to the bottom of your screen and its called flying recon i think but u have too choose what flag

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lazyyawn said:

No thanks we don't need it, this is not battlefield on normal or call of duty so just press M on your keyboard and you're good?.

• Like 2

As some people mentioned. If you want a minimap, then go for Arma 3 (some servers allow minimap), BF or CoD series. I have several friends and now some people who baught this game because of the tactical elements (which includes no permanent minimaps). 

Your team mates are also visible by an icon so you know where they are. And using the map is also fast and easy. Only pressing M and you know where you are and need to go within 2 seconds maximum.

I know from my guys they are saying, if it's going to be BF or CoD style, they will uninstall this game and write negative reviews (the 2 hours for refund are exceeded). That'S the only way they can do something.

It's noting personal, but the devs also want or wanted to create a more tactical and more realistic game then the BF or CoD series. And no, I don't want to talk bad about those games because I also had a lot of fun, especially with BF1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terux said:

As some people mentioned. If you want a minimap, then go for Arma 3 (some servers allow minimap), BF or CoD series. I have several friends and now some people who baught this game because of the tactical elements (which includes no permanent minimaps). 

Your team mates are also visible by an icon so you know where they are. And using the map is also fast and easy. Only pressing M and you know where you are and need to go within 2 seconds maximum.

I know from my guys they are saying, if it's going to be BF or CoD style, they will uninstall this game and write negative reviews (the 2 hours for refund are exceeded). That'S the only way they can do something.

It's noting personal, but the devs also want or wanted to create a more tactical and more realistic game then the BF or CoD series. And no, I don't want to talk bad about those games because I also had a lot of fun, especially with BF1.

It's crazy seeing so many people wanting to just turn this into Battlefield. I've seen suggestions for revives, minimaps, classes, destruction, no friendly fire; it just seems odd when BF4 has all that and is still there to play if people want to.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cral said:

It's crazy seeing so many people wanting to just turn this into Battlefield. I've seen suggestions for revives, minimaps, classes, destruction, no friendly fire; it just seems odd when BF4 has all that and is still there to play if people want to.

Excatly go and play bf 4 the servers are still on, stop trying to create the new BFV only because EA fucked you up badly☝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Cloak said:

Excatly go and play bf 4 the servers are still on, stop trying to create the new BFV only because EA fucked you up badly☝

NO U.

I changed my mind about the minimap after playing some more games, but I can't edit the post. 

i like how it is right now, people just need to use more the "flying eye"....but most of them just think about their K/D, so they wait until they can buy a tank ;)

I don't want a permanent minimap, it's perfect how it is right now

Edited by LoSti's World
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lazyyawn said:

NO U.

I changed my mind about the minimap after playing some more games, but I can't edit the post. 

What are you talking about?? Takes some pills, rest and then come back to explain wtf are you trying to say THANKS.

On 10/26/2018 at 9:20 PM, Whiskey said:

Hi Lazyyawn, currently the minimap only appears when you are in a UAV monitored area. As for spotted enemies I'm not sure sure how that works currently.
But in keeping with the emphasis on team play WW3 has I think spotting should be shared to only your squad, unless you are squad leader in which case it should also be shared with other squad leaders. Personally I like the current mini-map system as it promotes use of UAV's and Jammers and you spend more time checking corners playing the game than just watching top left corner of your screen waiting for red blips.

I like it how it is. It´s how it should be, or do you run around looking at the map in RL?  You already have a map key/view, what do you want red dots on the mini-map with a arrow "HERE¨S THE ENEMY"?  Learn the map, have a spotter (recon) on your team, work together and communicate for the sake of WAR3!

Thanks @Whiskey, there still gonna ask for it after all LOL!

Spoiled is what some are!

Red

Edited by RedOneAlpha