Lazyyawn

This game needs a proper minimap asap

1 hour ago, Cloak said:

What are you talking about?? Takes some pills, rest and then come back to explain wtf are you trying to say THANKS

You don't speak englando ?

learn the map, stop spoonfed your info. Minimaps are a hindrance to gameplay and that has nothing to do with breaking realism but instead with the gameplay mechanics themselves and how you are more focused on the all mighty minimap rather then playing the game.

The minimaps only pop up when you have a UAV up to see people on it. It is a clear and purposeful design choice to have them like this.

Rather there be no minimap at all and a different system for showing UAV spotting.

Just now, Cloak said:

I don't have enough time to waste on a child with mental illness so i'm gonna just ignore you?

If you randomly insult people like that it is you who has a mental illness.

I think the problem with the non existant minimap is the UI only showing teamates when we look at them, but very often I hear steps and I have to watch on the map fast if there is a teamate where I heard the steps. What would stop the need for a minimap imho, would be a GUI for showing teamates that are in the audible range and even if they are behind us. That so when we hear steps in a specific direction, we could just doublecheck with that GUI component showing if there is a friendly soldier in that direction. It would be a huge quality of life decision because I am on map map really often, and this game shouldn't need that like in PUBG..

I kind of like it the way it is now, you can press 'm' and the map will come up. It feels like someone having to pause and take a look at their screen. Don't know, it sort of adds to the immersion.

The order system could be expanded here, with squad leaders being able to give out more detailed instructions while in 'map mode'.

Yea. Mini map helps noob players plays large maps and you don't need hit M button every 5 seconds:D

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

A big NO for the minimap. What's next? the enemy autospot when shooting their guns?

Let's Keep the good things that this game have to make a difference over the others, we shouldn't try to make an exact copy of battlefiled because this game have a lot of thing of BF.

And adding more features that we already see in BF this game will have no soul whatsoever.

Edited by IIJackoII

We consciously removed the minimap to make the game more tactical and focus the player on the game in front of him (we don't want to create a shooter played on the minimap like CoD or BF). When and how long it appears is unclear and this will be improved in the future. 

Once we do that and people will still have issues then we'll consider adding it permanently. However we'd preffer that not to happen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

on BF i mainly use the minimap to farm spotted/marked enemies.... its not helpfull for navigation at all.... so its a great idea only having it with the UAV buff enabled

• Like 1

it's perfectly fine without permanent mini map/ there are no issues in that matter 

• Like 1

Pls, no Minimap! Yesterday I spottet with my drone and my mate was moving forward underneath it - suberp teamplay ;) the UAV only Minimap is a cool tactical Feature!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lazyyawn said:

I'll draw a conclusion to this which is:  no permanent minimap.

@MaxMaron Please close this. 

I will. It's yours.