Graphic-J

This game needs Medics or a Revive Mechanic with set rules

( if the Developers have this already in mind and will be adding it real soon then please disregard this thread.)

------

image.png.2aa3363f897ed147aeaf845d5df029e3.png

Be it super slow revive, or defibbed with low HP or however, this game is in need of Medics or a way to revive squadmates.
This will help for Squads To work together* with a medic around. Besides, pretty sure the BR mode will have something for this right?

Because right now it kinda feels like a mindless run and gun combat like other, ahem... " certain " shooters.

I implore the Devs to add it in the game.

---

I would recommend that obviously, set some rules for these reviving medics.
To not make Medics too OP, (like in BF3)  I myself put some down here if the player has, let's say the 'Defibrillator " gadget attached:

• You can revive if you are not getting suppressed

• Revive back to 30 or 50% - It's up to the revived player to heal up via different ways

• * I would recommend that you could only revive squadmates - this will help players to work and stick together as a Squad ... as it should.

• Let's not make it too arcadey - you can only be revived once for every re-spawn.

---

Just my two pesos... What say you? 

• Like 9

When the game is as focused on Squad play as it is, this is a much-needed aspect. 
The squad only revive might be interesting, though might also give players too much of a disadvantage when playing alone. creating even more unbalanced games (say one team has 75% premade squads, whilst the other team has 25% premade squads. We all know pre-made squads work a lot better together). We'll have to see what the developers think of this.

I agree with all your points except reviving squad mates only - you should be able to revive anyone in your team and you should of course require defibrillators, syringe or some sort of equipment as a gadget in order to do so. Upon revival, health should be 30%.

• Like 3

I'm not opposed to revive.  I've already found myself in many situations where a squad mate went down and my first thought was revive...but nope.  That being said, if they do choose to add revive I hope it fits their more realistic approach.  In a way not having revive puts more weight on the players life, and promotes a higher level of teamwork.  Yes having revive and medics is a form of teamwork, but so is having to watch your squads back knowing they cant be revived.  I also feel it would make players careless in some situations since they know their teammate can just revive them.  Close quarters engagements would turn into revive fests...  Again though, I'm not opposed to something...just not quite sure what that something is.

• Like 2

No revives pls. Adds more importance to staying alive during point takes, increases need for squad comms and skill as an individual to position yourself properly. Run a recon drone gadget and you know what to expect as an attacker or defender. Besides you can respawn once your team caps the objective and deaths dont do anything to overall team score.

9 minutes ago, Mad_Max2 said:

I'm not opposed to revive.  I've already found myself in many situations where a squad mate went down and my first thought was revive...but nope.  That being said, if they do choose to add revive I hope it fits their more realistic approach.  In a way not having revive puts more weight on the players life, and promotes a higher level of teamwork.  Yes having revive and medics is a form of teamwork, but so is having to watch your squads back knowing they cant be revived.  I also feel it would make players careless in some situations since they know their teammate can just revive them.  Close quarters engagements would turn into revive fests...  Again though, I'm not opposed to something...just not quite sure what that something is.

It could work provided there's some limitations to it and not just a "everyone can be revived right back into action infinately" mechanic. A limit on the amount of revives one can receive would be good, as well as the previously mentioned necessity of having some kind of kit or gadget be necessary for reviving, possibly also having limitations such as a limited number of uses or needing certain amount of time. This would still provide a level of teamwork as reviving would become a tactical choice in a firefight where the medic would need cover for a small period in order to revive a fallen team mate; and having a limit on the number of revivals would avoid endless reviving as well as weighing on weather or not it's worth it to spend that revival, making it more useful to save it for certain situations, such as while defending a capture point. This would also be useful considering how easy it currently is to end up trapped in your spawn if your team is losing badly. Medics, if played properly using these limitations, could be quite helpful in potentially helping to hold on to that last capture point and allowing your team to hold its ground while (maybe) slowly beginning to push forward, thus allowing an opportunity to prevent the battle from becoming completely one-sided.

Making it a kit/gadget would also help, as it could possibly limit how many medics you have due to people not wanting to carry extra weight or possibly sacrifice other equipment for it. As a result, medics would be slightly less equipped or more burdened and would be encouraged to stick with their squad for extra defense while the squad has reason to protect their medic when in a heavy firefight if they really need that extra man back on his feet quickly. As for amount, there could even be different kits that heal different amounts at the cost of weight and amount of uses, but I'd say no more than 50% for the best kit. We already have health kits, a revival should be just enough to allow someone to be able to get up and fall back for proper healing rather than being instantly able to jump back into action. Weather or not someone can be revived in the first place can even be determined by where the final shot hit. Taking a bullet to the face isn't going to be something a field medic can just patch up. Plus, if someone can only be revived once or twice, or if a medic can only use his equipment a limited number of times, they'll (hopefully) know they can't be careless and charge right back in because they can no longer revive or be revived again. Proper implementation and limitations could make it an interesting and/or unique feature and keep it from being another game where people just recklessly charge into the open while spamming the revive button every time anyone goes down.

• Like 1

I would rather not have a revive. It would only hamper the games fun and make it a real issue with trying to progress the fight.

imagine getting stuck on that corner hallway fight, you kill a person and then he just get revived and you are at square one again.

The game makes since and there is no reason to do so with how the game and spawn system is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

no, pls god no, no magic defibs that suck out all the bullets and sew together all your splattered organs

• Like 1

In my opinion WW3 doesn't need revive. Just like any other shooter that doesn't have revive mechanic is just fine. I see noticeable amount of people that want WW3 to be Battlefield and I can't exactly wrap my head around why is that the case? What makes WW3 a product with potential is that it tries to be it's own. As soon as they gonna start cattering to Battlefield players as soon we gonna end up with something people are already calling WW3: "a poor man's Battlefield" - combined of other aspects of the game, lack of revive looks like deliberate design decision and not an overlook and it makes sense when looking at the game as a whole. Revive in recent Battlefields combined with spawning on teammates seriously turned a game into a meat grinder - which is in BFV they've started slowing it down.

I have a better idea - as a squad leader be responsible, avoid geting into shitty situations and be a mobile spawn beacon for your squad: this way is actually really easy to overrun less protected points with sheer amounts of bodies.

Edited by Marrond
  • Confused 1

Got an idea.  If all the hits that kill you are in non- vital areas (rare but does happen), then your incapacitated instead of dying.  Others can get you up with appropriate gear, but the process is time consuming.  Add drag feature to haul em' to cover.

If hits are in the vitals your dead... do not pass go, do not collect $200

Adds somewhat of a revive feature but still keeps the realism.  Your buddy that just took a round to the face isn't coming back, i'm sorry.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 4:03 PM, Kruzikal said:

My ideas on a revive system

A few of my personal opinions:

1.       The advanced ballistics system in world war 3 is a feature that enhances immersion.

2.       Adding a willy-nilly revive system, I my opinion, would completely destroy the immersion created by said feature.

a.       Showing you where you got hit, and then someone reviving you, would just be silly and make it less realistic and immersive.

So, instead of having to add one that doesn’t compliment the other, why don’t we build the revive system off of the ballistic system? I am a developer and a programmer of sorts, and this is how I imagine it working, and how it could work well.

We have a built in ballistic system here that provides rich context on the data of where our bodies were impacted with incoming rounds, as well as the damage that occurred in a specific area.

As most players have said, headshots and vitals should be an immediate cannot revive. However we can go much deeper into this, and beforehand, I would like to say that I view shots placed center mass that impact the spinal region as vitals- CANNOT REVIVE.

Each body part should have a standard treatment time built into the code.

If 100% of the damage caused in killing the player is dealt to the leg, that would be a 10 second revive

If 100% of the damage caused in killing the player is dealt to the arm, that would be a 5 second revive.

These base line measures will play in further in a second.

However, if 25% of the damage to the player is to the leg, and 75% of the damage is to the arm, than the combined percentage of time would be added (25% of damage to leg = 2.5 seconds/75% of damage to leg = 3.75 seconds), MEANING the total time to revive the player would be 6.25 seconds.

This could then be extrapolated to multiple body parts (Hands, feet, shins, thighs, forearms, upper arms, etc), ultimately creating a unique time value for how long it takes to revive each player (With a potential max set into the code), depending on the wounds to the body part. This is extremely doable in my opinion by just BUILDING ON TOP OF the fantastic hit detection and ballistics built into the game. This aids in immersion because you’re encouraging your players to take active, risky decisions on the battlefield, rather than act like a bot that can just expect the same scenario over and over again.

Things like concussion damage, and explosion damage would have to be brain-stormed a bit more with your design team.

Adding any further treatment IMO, such as Arma ACE would be FAR too complicated, and I think implementing it this way alone would be a fantastic addition to the game. It’s not complicated, it can be integrated relatively easy into the game, and be taken out or re-defined just as easy.

what he said, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, no revives. It makes life more important, prevents zerging and creates tension. 
I know it's tempting, but lets not turn this game into battlefield. 

• Like 1

Some of these Anti-Revive excuses are pretty funny.  I for one wholeheartedly support the idea of a reviving medic/gadget in this game.  If it's not a very slow 10-15 second revive to full 100% HP... then at least a quick revive to 25-30%

---

3 hours ago, FrauSchmitt said:

There are Medics. No need of a revive mechanic. This is NOT Battlefield.

By that logic if we have revive WW3 will be also be Planetside 1 and 2, PUBG and other shooters that have a Revive mechanic? Umm no... The revive mechanic..BF or not... is still a good game feature.

---

19 minutes ago, ProfessorPeach said:

No, no revives. It makes life more important, prevents zerging and creates tension. 

A BF staple revive maybe so,
but a different Revive at a low 30% HP or very slow 10-15 sec revive is still full of tension and still prevent zerging.

---

2 hours ago, KillPhil said:

no, pls god no, no magic defibs that suck out all the bullets and sew together all your splattered organs

Umm Riiiiiiight, because that Medic Back Pack or Diabetes Insulin-like Needle to magically self heal from 1hp to 100hp doesn't do the same thing? .. C'mon now, don't use that  "it's unrealistic" straw man Pick-and-choose excuse.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, ProfessorPeach said:

1. It can be squad only (incentivizes squad teamwork)
2. It can put you on a cooldown, during which if you die, you cannot be revived again (prevents revive spam)
3. It can be on a cooldown itself if required a gadget to perform (personally I don't think that's necessary though)
4. It can put you on 10-25% HP, forcing you to spend another couple of seconds applying meds.

And most importantly of all, permadeath could still exist if you die from a headshot or a high caliber weapon like .50cals or 12.7 HMGs.

That effectively removes combat revives known from games like Battlefield and places them more along the lines of Squad (but significantly shortening the downtime to match the pacing of the game.) Trading the squad leader to someone in a 4v1 plainly sucks and waiting for fallen squad members to come back before making a push really does not fit the pace of the rest of the gameplay. I don't see why out of combat revives would change anything about how the game is played, other than further encourage players to group up, work with their squad mates and push the objectives together.

I get some of the concerns since I would rather have no revives than a revive system executed poorly. However, if done right, it can only benefit the experience, without introducing any downsides. (other than a challenge of implementing it I suppose)

• Like 1

IF they would add a "revive" system, then pls not like BF where you can flick together a guy than has been hit by a tank shell. If you are wounded and knocked out because you got many hits on your armor? Yeah ok, give it a system to drag a wounded out of combat. If you are shot because a 7.62 FMJ stucks in your head? Respawn, your soldier is dead

personally i think it should depend on where the person has been shot. like downed from a body shot then sure revive slow. Downed from a head shot should remain perma death though

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RecoilJohn said:

totally agree, it defiantly needs a revive system, like the one in battlefield.

I geuss that's the problem though. People are trying to turn it into battlefield when it should probably remain in its own niche.

• Thanks 1

I see both sides of the argument -- but you can't reinvent the wheel, and DICE/Battlefield was hardly the first to incorporate a revive mechanic.  I'd vet it, vote for it, think it's a good idea because of the size of the maps, distributed and limited spawn setup. 

Some limitations and design thought given to how revive/resuscitating team mates works could actually improve on other games like BF where you get revived into an instant death, and a medic just spams insta-rviving --  perhaps a mechanic where you have to drag or carry a player to cover, where no downed man can be revived in place -- would add a steep tactical challenge and make it a more realistic, fun skill challenge...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Graphic-J said:

Because right now it kinda feels like a mindless run and gun combat like other, ahem... " certain " shooters.

Nah

If it was in the game i would want it to be slow and limited, nothing worse than trying to fight multiple players and having them pop right back up to shoot at you again. Taking out one member of a squad, dying and knowing it was a complete waste of ammunition.

• Like 1

Id say yes for revive if a few things were also true.

Head shots(not helmate shots but head shots) should be a non revivable character.

When 50cal weapons get balanced these should also be non revivable.

If someone is incapacitated it should be visable that they are still alive and thus finishable.

Lastly a revive should not be something you charge up and hit someone with, the medic should have to stand still over the team mate for at least 1 second to bring them back, this would mean A the medic is putting themselves at risk and B it encourages reviving to be done once a fight has been resolved rather than during the fight in a attempt to keep your squad whole.

I think the most important part is being able to finish the enemy on the ground to prevent revive spam at chokes.
I think Eternal Crusade did revive systems the best in EC anyone could revive a team mate(usually by standing over them and saying something to the effect of get up lol) but you had to do a 2 second animation that you could not move during, the person who is revived only had a fraction of there health thus still  needing a medic, people who were downed could be finished off by either shooting them quite alot ruffly the same amount of hits it took to down them or they could be executed in a cool little animation where you character would do something like stick the barrel of there gun in the enemies face and blow it off. Lastly while downed you could move all be it very slowly thing PUGB slow.

Edited by Draugr543154
  • Like 1