Sign in to follow this  
DE_HOPZ

Add Designated Marksman Rifles(DMR)

I think that this game is amazing, however the weapon variety seems slightly to limited. DMR's would be a great weapon category to dominate the medium to long range having slightly more range than a AR, but slightly less than a sniper rifle.

The DMR's would consist of accurate semi automatic rifles with moderate damage and high recoil, weapons such as the M14 and MK-12 SPR.

DMR.JPG

DMR.JPG

Totally with you. I'd rather have some nice DMRs than those 1shot snipers

Mk14, SCAR-H SV, Mk11, G3 ZFR, RFB, SVD.. plenty of options

You can pretty much convert some rifle into DMRs already, but I agree with introduction of more weapons, always. No idea why SVD isn't in already.

Yeah but only the AK15, Beryl and Alpha make sense converting for now, as 5.56 caliber for a dmr would be a bit senseless

I disagree, 5.56 has pretty good ballistics but I'd really want some rifles for .458 SOCOM or see SVDs in the game.

Ballistics, but not enough stopping power needed for a DMR.. there is a reason that like every DMR has 7.62, and I know only one exception, which is the chinese QBU

If you get hit with a bullet, no matter the caliber, you'll have a bad time. 5.56 is not magically worse than 7.62 and has higher velocity, therefore higher range. 5.56 is also ligher so a squad marksman can carry more ammo AND most importantly - his ammo is interchangeable with his fellow squadmates. Do not overlook this part. This is the difference between squad marksman and a sniper. We're talking NATO perspective obviously.

1 minute ago, KillPhil said:

NATO DMRs

The definition of "DMR" is arbitrary at best but technically you are correct, most rifles that fit "semi-auto, intended for squad marksman" rifles are chambered in 7.62 NATO. Still, 5.56 is not a bad caliber and no one hit with it is going to have a good day.

Not disagreeing, just saying.

Yeah I didnt meant to say that 5.56 is a weak caliber. But since DMRs are put in the 400-600m range, they need that bit more stopping power the bigger caliber gives. I mean, there are no Bolt-Action Sniper Rifles with 5.56 either.. except the Scout Elite

I'd probably would rather have select-fire battle rifles, and if you wanna have a DMR you could switch it to semi-auto. They'd balance out their high damage for more weight, slower muzzle velocity, lower magazine size, and higher recoil when fired in full-auto (controlled semi-auto fire would mitigate this).

As for which ones I'd wanna see in-game, here's a bunch I'm just gonna throw out: SCAR-H, HK417, Mk. 14 EBR, MSBS-7.62N, SVU-A, SA-58 OSW, Galil ACE 52/53.

Edited by QwertMuenster

Perhaps as an idea.. Instead of adding a whole new class of weapon into the game (Of course still do it though!) Make a weapon mod that changes the Receiver of the weapon. so that way you can fire higher caliber ammunition from it, so you can legitimately turn AR's Into DMRs

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this