Sign in to follow this  
Amaterasu

Healthy Compromise For Tanks VS Mines.

Do You Think Mines Should Be Tweaked Or Is It Perfect As Is?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Are Your Thoughts On The Subject?

• Mines Are Fine Tankers Should Be More Aware Of Thier Surroundings.
    • I Think Mines Should Only Do Tread Damage To Slow Or Immobilize.
    • I Like The Idea That Mines and Tanks Have Hitboxes For The Chance To Cause Heavy Damage If It Doesnt Make Full Contact With The Tank.
    • They Can Have Mines Do Partial Damage If It Doesnt Make Full Contact With The Tank, But They Should Be Slower if Not immobilized So Players Can Finish The Job.
    • Tread Vitals Would Be A Really Cool Addition
    • Tread Vitals Dont Need To Be A Thing.

I See many players say that mines shouldnt be able to 1HK tanks in this game. they should only immobilize them and cause no damage. in my playtime however they are extremely powerful and mines is the hard counter to tanks. I really feel players should be mindful of thier surroundings and watch where they go. but i will be neutral and toss out some ideas of mines. say Tanks and mines have hitboxes like infantry and armor ok? if a tank runs over it partially and not directly underneath it, it  will cause heavy damage but wont destroy the tank. say.. 65-70 damage instead of a killing blow? if someone runs underneath it, the entire hitbox of the mine will go off and completely destroy the tank. but that wouldnt be enough, the player would be able to get away to repair. so to balance this compromise, the tank need to be fully immobilized or move much slower than normal. (Thinking of Battlefield 1, 4 and 5). The Treads can also show damage and be an extra Vital spot for tanks. but only mines can damage it. (not rpgs bc people would aim for it 1st and exploit it, but for mines u cannot control where the impact will be. it will give players the chance to destroy a tank if it survives.

Also We need to be able to spot mines, i cannot say if we can or not bc nobody uses them. some say anyone can disable mines though. but could we get the equipment class have the ability to disable mines? they arent seeing much use and needs some extra purpose in the field. feel free to disagree.

Edited by Amaterasu

I've never ever ever been able to see a tank mine while using a tank. This stuff is extremely OP especially since they don't go away after the person who deploys them dies and respawns so they can just spam them all over the map and they stay there forever.

thats abit to much to have to them disappear after someone dies, but i will see eye to eye with u and say this. battlefield 4's mine is quite big and beefy and easy to spot while in this game they are extremely small and hard to see. it'll give the tank driver or gunner the chance to spot them and destroy it. should players be able to destroy them though? personally i think small arms fire and grenades shouldnt be able too. i do think Tank shell, Tank machinegun fire, Tank Gunner, Rpgs, And The Remote Controlled Robot Car can. its up to the developers still. but thats ur compromise i came up with so players dont instantly die. maybe there should be 3 hit boxes not 2. 25% contact destroys ur treads and slow ur tank down and u take 40% damage, 50% contact u get immoblized/slown down 65% damage, full contant u get destroyed.

Edited by Amaterasu

None of these options, a mine should bring the tank close to death, leaving you vulnerable to any lurking RPG. Instant kill is too much but it should be punishing to hit a mine.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Noosa said:

None of these options, a mine should bring the tank close to death, leaving you vulnerable to any lurking RPG. Instant kill is too much but it should be punishing to hit a mine.

Exactly this. Hit hard, but give you second chance.

23 hours ago, Noosa said:

that wont solve the problem. it takes 1 mine to destroy a tank. players get 2. so either way they will just place the 2nd one ontop of the first to make sure u die like in battlefield 4. you're better off with one of those compromises bc players know they die from a single mine and wont place both in the same place, leaving u with the chance of getting away n fighting back alive.

Sign in to follow this