Sign in to follow this  

idling in the main menu causes excessive gpu usage

idling in the main menu particularly after a round causes extreme gpu usage to the point where the card will start power throttling 

gtx 1060 6gb 

Go to options/graphics on the second menu there there is a framerate limiter. Cap it at 80fps or something

frame rate limiter is set thats not the issue (its set to 72fps) 

something is broken and its causing the gpu load to become excessive 

Edited by loading

yeah , after the 1st game, when you come back to the menu starts using a LOT of gpu.

Takes a GTX 950/ GTX 660 to 20fps @ 100% usage ( so only an fps cap bellow 20fps will affect the gpu usage )
GTX970 goes to 37-38fps @ 100% usage.

Haven't tested with the 2000 series or AMD . I just assumed after both rigs did the same everyone had this ( maybe it only affects some people )

For me it happens in the 1st time I go BACK to the menu from a game, the menu is obviously running @ a much lower fps and eating a lot of extra gpu per frame.

its working the gpu really hard

hard enough where it trips my thermal alarm at 90c 

this same card will run back to back firestrike runs and never hit 80 

Can you try quickly going to "customization" after a round?

I've had excessive gpu load and low frames when coming back from a match sometimes. Going to 'Customization' fixes it immediatly for me

I can confirm, also none of the solutions above didn't work. My gpu fans throttle like a helicopter.

any of the mods or devs know about this

be nice to fix it before somebody leaves there game running and it blows there gpu to kingdom come 

• Like 1

Well I guess lets post a proper bug report, so it's "filed" it's easy to reproduce and probably is already fixed in the next big update .... but it can't hurt to report it.

DESCRIPTION OF BUG (required: if the possible provide screenshots or video): Excessive gpu usage in the main menu.

GAME BUILD ID (required: please go to the game's properties on Steam and find it under the local files tab at the bottom): 3250942

STEPS TO REPRODUCE (required): enter a game and quit back to the menu should make the menu enter that "state"

SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS (required for crash or performance issues): i5 2500k + GTX 760/GTX 950/RTX2070 + 16Gb RAM GTX 2070
( it happens on all of those cards , doubt it's system related since others have reported it also. )

CRASH LOG (if any): no crash.