Sign in to follow this  
GameGeakte

We NEED a DMR!

Hi,

Like the title says. We need a dmr type rifle. I love shooting semi but it just isnt effective cuz of the low damage dealt from assault rifles.

What do you guys think about dmr's? Are they coming to WW3?

-  Patrick

• Like 5

It's probably under developement, or will be added in the future, but part of the community don't want to see any DMR in the game because of the bad experience they had while playing Battlefield 4, where it was considered op by a part of the community.

31 minutes ago, アキノ said:

It's probably under developement, or will be added in the future, but part of the community don't want to see any DMR in the game because of the bad experience they had while playing Battlefield 4, where it was considered op by a part of the community.

If they are done well i think they would be a nice addition, but as you say, they were annoying in BF4 and i don't want the same thing to happen in this game. I should say by done well i mean properly balanced.

No please no.

tenor.gif

EDIT: Also, I went 44-15 yesterday mostly using my Tor. Side hits and hits to unarmored areas sometimes 1 hit kill, and a lot of the time players are already damaged from nearby firefights if you've positioned yourself on the map well. I am probably of the minority of players who think snipers are actually really balanced how they are currently. 

Edited by DoctorMcBatman

I think they should add DMRs but the weapons shouldn't kill you in 2 hits, they need to balance them properly before adding them to the game . 

The thing is, if they don't kill in less than 3 shots (considering no armor), what advantage do they have over an assault rifle in semi auto? I think the armor system may very well be a solution to our BF4 DMR traumas.

• Like 1

my thought is that all the assault rifles should be alot less accurate in auto, especially the 7.62. make them do some more damage where only a few hits of 7.62 will down an enemy. make single fire more desirable because i dont think many people use single fire now. with that then you can focus on DMR/battle rifles as they mostly are 7.62 and would do similar damage as the 7.62 but be more accurate. they should also have enough recoil so you cant just spam the DMR.

i kinda always liked how Americas Army 2 and 3 were. it really made you use single fire majority of the time unless you were point blank. it did not take many hits to down enemies.

also maybe add a blur effect when shooting heavy recoiling guns. i have not shot any full power automatic weapons myself but everyone i talked to who has shot light weight high recoil weapons says that the world almost turns into a blur as you focus so much on controlling the recoil than actually aiming. yet some heavier weight or light recoiling guns are not nearly as bad. so maybe for high rate of fire 7.62 guns the blurring might be a reason to choose a 5.56 or low rate of fire run

Edited by Kingfish999

16 hours ago, Phil T. Casual said:

The thing is, if they don't kill in less than 3 shots (considering no armor), what advantage do they have over an assault rifle in semi auto? I think the armor system may very well be a solution to our BF4 DMR traumas.

You make a good point, I think you're right about the armor thing but people could just aim away from the armor. Maybe that just adds skill to the use of a DMR

BUT.. wouldn't the point of adding DMRs be to use ammo that punches through armor?

I guess it depends if they are added with realism in mind, or gameplay.

Edited by Redskin the Great

No, DMR punching trough armor is stupid in the actual game balance, as BAR can't penetrate armor. Still, this armor system will help balancing them out, as people won't spam as much if they stay away form close range

I would like using a DMR in WW3. How it gets balanced, well lets just test it out, release DMRs underpowered and tune them up slowly. 

On 10/27/2018 at 4:15 PM, GameGeakte said:

Hi,

Like the title says. We need a dmr type rifle. I love shooting semi but it just isnt effective cuz of the low damage dealt from assault rifles.

What do you guys think about dmr's? Are they coming to WW3?

-  Patrick

Possibly under development....

You can mod ARs to be DMR-like.

On 10/28/2018 at 11:18 AM, Redskin the Great said:

BUT.. wouldn't the point of adding DMRs be to use ammo that punches through armor?

I guess it depends if they are added with realism in mind, or gameplay.

Actually, there is no need to have ammo that will punch though armor, BUT, a dmr can instead be focus on long range accuracy, and more important bullet velocity so long range shots are simply easier.

Sign in to follow this