Sign in to follow this  
Narokk

Not worth bothering in this state

I've been waiting for WW3 since the summer of 2018 was very excited when it was announced. As we all know the launch was dramatic but I can deal with that, many games go through dramatic launches and it's an indie game after all. My frustration with the game has been building up over the last days, however.

I'm getting fed up with the many connectivity issues we're still encountering. Today and yesterday I've tried playing some games and keep getting disconnected from the loading screens. We're more than a week past launch and I still can barely play the game I paid for. About 70-80% of the 'game' time I've spent according to Steam consisted of waiting for connection or the game to load.

The few games I've managed to play were dissapointing in several aspects. I can barely get an acceptable FPS-rate even though other games (BF3, BF4 etc) run fine. Animations are abominable as we all know; games released more than a decade ago (eg. COD MW) have better animations. The gameplay feels clunky and spawnkilling seems to happen alot.

The main selling point of WW3 is customization of weapons and vehicles. I feel like this is overshadowed by the many issues WW3 has at the moment. At this state the game I paid for is barely playable which is unacceptable, even for an early access / indie game. Interest in the game seems to be dropping quickly and as much as I hate to say it, I'm not going to sit around waiting much longer either. I sincerely hope the developers will manage to turn WW3 into the awesome game it seemed at first, but as of now I'm no longer going to bother.

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 5

You know you bought a game in Alpha stage right? Comparing your performance with BF3 or BF4? WTF, those are AAA games, finished and polished.

This is a testing  phase, and you knew it. Steams makes sure that you know that. The game is being worked on, remember Early access, shit happens and I get your frustration, but this is how things work. Right now it's a mess, like most Alpha games.

Remember, you are not trying to play a finished product my dude.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, killin_v said:

You know you bought a game in Alpha stage right? Comparing your performance with BF3 or BF4? WTF, those are AAA games, finished and polished.

This is a testing  phase, and you knew it. Steams makes sure that you know that. The game is being worked on, remember Early access, shit happens and I get your frustration, but this is how things work. Right now it's a mess, like most Alpha games.

i agree with this. Yeah it is frustrating, and yes the game probably should have been atleast playable at launch, However the devs have been working their asses of to try and get this game to work. I don't think we should compare this game to AAA titles, but even BF4 had an extremely shaky launch, I remember having bad performance and connection issues for weeks before they were able to fix them. Admittedly you could still pay the game but it wasn't a good experience. I think if people are patient and the devs keep working as well as they have been this game will end up being awesome :)   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Narokk said:

Alpha stage is not an excuse for something that is completely unplayable

Yes it is, and they make sure that you know that. Just refund and go play something else my dude. Stop wasting your time here.

The thing is, you knew what you were getting into when you bought the game. 

Edited by killin_v

2 minutes ago, killin_v said:

The thing is, you knew what you were getting into when you bought the game. 

Really? Remind me where pre-launch it was stated that 8 days after release we still wouldnt be able to play?

• Angry 1

7 minutes ago, Narokk said:

It definitely is. WW3 is at least one year away from launch, these issues are pretty much to be expected. Is it annoying? Sure. But if it bothers you that much, you probably wait until the game gets out of EA.

1 minute ago, Narokk said:

Really? Remind me where pre-launch it was stated that 8 days after release we still wouldnt be able to play?

Don't try to put things in my mouth that I didn't say buddy.

You knew you were buying an Early Access game, a pretty early iteration of it. And all of this problems come along with that.

A lot of people can play the game fine, others with FPS issues, stuttering, crashes and a lot of other problems, but they know that those are things that can happen and will keep happening a lot. And a lot of people can't, like you, I'm not excussing the Dev's here, but it looks like you don't understand that you didn't bought a finished product and this things are supposed to happen.

Sin título2.png

if you go into an early access title expecting it to be great, then expect to be disappointed -_-. I dont mean that in a bad way to the devs because they have done well, but i mean that in a bad way to all the people complaining about its not being polished.

• Like 1

Honestly, you cannot expect for it to work perfectly fine. You're buying Early Access to a product that's in Alpha stage of it's development.. You can do 3 things:

• Stick around, be helpful and be patient that your issues actually get fixed
  • Be impatient, start complaining about it and post negative opinions and vibe
  • Play something else and try again later when things get more polished so you can give actual feedback

Hell, I've been waiting a hell of a long time for Star Citizen and it slowly starts getting there too and see how long that took?

1 hour ago, Narokk said:

Then uninstall the game and be gone, we are all tired of people complaining about issues on a game that is in an alpha state.

Edited by Nuro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Narokk said:

dude, they litterally state right at teh purchase page that this game is expected to be in early release for 12 to 16 MONTHS, that means this version of the game isn't a beta, or even a alpha, this stuff is PRE ALPHA and still has atleast a YEAR of development to go, bare minimum.

According to steam an EA game must be in a playable state.

For allot of people it's still unplayable.

Knipsel.PNG

• Angry 1

8 minutes ago, Dimera said:

Knipsel.PNG

It's playable for the majority of the people.

I understand some have issues but a lot of games do. 

3 hours ago, Narokk said:

Alpha state has different meanings to different people across totally different generations of gamers.  Been gaming since 01 and to me Alpha stage or  Early Access means the game can or mostly will have broken stuff, missing content, bad performance or just downright unplayable. I knew ahead of time before I hit that little buy button that this was a possibility but chose to purchase it anyways.

14 minutes ago, Dimera said:

Knipsel.PNG

It is playable the problem are servers problems what is needed to join but if there were a single player mode u would be able to play. This steam info is about putting game with only menu done into EA state.

18 minutes ago, Dimera said:

Knipsel.PNG

By that definition you posted, it is a playable game.

• Haha 1

And that will forever be a problem for all gaming companies in the PC world. The game runs totally fine for me. I think i've been disconnected twice and crashed maybe twice. So the game is totally playable and stable for me. This is the tricky part for all gaming companies, is trying to get a stable build for gamers that have vastly different pc specs. I remember when I got into the BF3 beta that it would just crash on launch of the game, totally unplayable for me. Yet my for my buddy the game ran totally fine.

Just now, ZeuZ said:

And that will forever be a problem for all gaming companies in the PC world. The game runs totally fine for me. I think i've been disconnected twice and crashed maybe twice. So the game is totally playable and stable for me. This is the tricky part for all gaming companies, is trying to get a stable build for gamers that have vastly different pc specs. I remember when I got into the BF3 beta that it would just crash on launch of the game, totally unplayable for me. Yet my for my buddy the game ran totally fine.

Funnily enough, I run the game better with a computer that has worse specs. It is just the nature of things. 

24 minutes ago, ZeuZ said:

Oh yeah,it's fine for like 90% of the players,i myself can't play because of the massive frame drops and lag,and 3 of my buddy's gave up because of the low fps and connection issues.

I feel kinda bad i recommended them this game,but like i told them,it's early access.

But,in my opinion some one got be the devils advocate and bring this stuff up because you can't just keep waving these problems away with the early access excuses.

The devs sat on thousands of keys,but they decided to ship it without any decent testing,and here we are.

This past week could be spend on pushing gameplay patches like the spawnpoints and fixing low fps instead of just getting people to the menu.

So despite of not agreeing with everything TS said i'm not going to fanboi and give him a angry reaction,i'm gonna give him a thanks,because he's a paying customer and got every right to complain about something he doesn't agree with.

EDIT: i don't know why it's quoted twice,i probably clicked on something :P

24 minutes ago, ZeuZ said:

Edited by Dimera

The amount of posts of this nature is just too much. I can't figure out how people can't understand that the game hasn't been released, launched, etc. I've said this so many times in this forums: the game will launch in one year or so. This is early access. It is supposed to have bugs, disconnects, crashes, glitches, low optimization, whatever.

If you don't understand this, do yourself a favor and don't ever buy a game in EA. You will always be disappointed/frustrated.

If you understand, don't make this type of posts. They are kinda useless. Go to the Bug section of the forum and post your bugs there.

I'm also frustrated with the high ping, low FPS, clunkiness, etc. But I knew what I was getting my self into. And that's OK. The devs show that they are trying hard to fix these major problems and slowly reintroduce mechanics.

Don't take this as an attack. I'm just frustrated with the amount of posts like this that don't help at all...

10 hours ago, Narokk said:

I'm getting fed up with the many connectivity issues we're still encountering. Today and yesterday I've tried playing some games and keep getting disconnected from the loading screens. We're more than a week past launch and I still can barely play the game I paid for. About 70-80% of the 'game' time I've spent according to Steam consisted of waiting for connection or the game to load.

The few games I've managed to play were dissapointing in several aspects. I can barely get an acceptable FPS-rate even though other games (BF3, BF4 etc) run fine. Animations are abominable as we all know; games released more than a decade ago (eg. COD MW) have better animations. The gameplay feels clunky and spawnkilling seems to happen alot.

The main selling point of WW3 is customization of weapons and vehicles. I feel like this is overshadowed by the many issues WW3 has at the moment. At this state the game I paid for is barely playable which is unacceptable, even for an early access / indie game. Interest in the game seems to be dropping quickly and as much as I hate to say it, I'm not going to sit around waiting much longer either. I sincerely hope the developers will manage to turn WW3 into the awesome game it seemed at first, but as of now I'm no longer going to bother.

Game certainly doesn't like some networking setups. I personally don't have any problems but I play through VPN - but I need it for most games, not only for this one (PUBG, Battlefield, Rising Storm 2, etc.). I have 80 hours recorded, 75 of which spent in the game so far.

I think many people forget that BF3 was actually a masterpiece optimization-wise. It was the first Battlefield you could comfortably play on integrated Intel GPU, and hell - I ran it at Medium-High in 1080p on AMD APU A10-7800 at 60fps once they've added Mantle (Vulkan pre-cursor) support. BF4 wasn't far off (except for the Mantle part because it transitioned into Vulkan and wasn't implemented). This honestly works similar to other UE4 based games until they get optimization pass at some point. Exception being Fortnite since Epic knows the engine inside-out but third parties considered this isn't an outstander. Animations are clearly a placeholder and will be improved. Improving animations is a non-issue comparing to changing core game for example. 

Funnily enough customization system is a mock-up right now. Many things don't work or have no meaningful impact outside of visual appearance. It's a base system built ready for improvements and everything thrown into it right now is just a bunch of random items to provide preview of what to expect. It's by no means perfect but solid foundation to build upon. I can't say that I relate to your problems since game is working fine for me, however I do understand how you feel. It's unfortunate but if I were you I would just play something else and come back and see how this is few months in. What many people seem to miss is that many Early Access games are mostly a finished product. This right here is a real Alpha. Not even Beta. An Alpha. And we didn't have real Beta in the industry for ages (it's mostly time limited demos renamed by marketing departments and it somehow stuck).

Good luck and hope to see you back when this gets better! Potential here is really attainable but we will see whether Farm 51 will stand up to the task like dwarf to a urinal and deliver.

Edited by Marrond

i find it very playable especially for an alpha. compared some of the AAA games beta releases. and even some full release games. BF1 and BF5 betas to me were trash compared to this. they may have been smoother running but they were only a couple months away from full release. heck it took how long for BF4 to be considered a good game? couple years and theres still major bugs that will never be fixed.

your also comparing BF3 (a 2011 release) and BF4 (2013 release) to a possibly 2019 release game. BF5 i hardly would call a 2018 release when its more like an expansion of BF1 with a couple added features nobody cares about, both of which sacrificed customization for streamlining.

when i got my pre-alpha key at phase 3, thats when i thought the game was unplayable. having crashing every couple minutes, only 8 people in a server. all sorts of control problems. but it got solved and now its much much better. give it time or go play something else

i will say this is a BIG game. theres alot to it. i can almost imagine this being too big of a game for the devs to handle. they have their work cut out for them but they are doing a heck of a job pulling through it.

Edited by Kingfish999

13 hours ago, killin_v said:

Exactly this. I just don't understand the logic behind that. This is not a fully released title, it's an Early Access title. It's essentially an Alpha, not even Beta. No one should expect this game to work well, be optimized, bug-free, or feature packed. 

• Like 1