Sign in to follow this  
JiggyJinjo

Suggestions about the weight system

At the moment the number 1 thing to get above everything else is 50/60+ round mags. I hope it gets changed so there's less spray and pray.

Also, the weight system should have a max weight cap. Having 2 primaries makes you heavy as hell so people just pick the best armor and helmet along with it, that's not right.

A player using an AR as his main with a pistol as secondary should be able to get a mid-tier armor while still being in the light class. However, this is impossible unless you give up on customisation accessories  or if you choose the lightest ARs.

To me :

- All armors should have their weight reduced.

- Heavy class should have a slider too and you can't equip anything else if you reach the max (that way players with a heavy sniper + AR can't get any good armor)

• Like 3

Couldnt agree more. Its annoying when people have really powerful gear that weighs them down, and then just take the heaviest armour too because it makes no difference to them.

Personally I say ditch most of the armor system.

1. Make headgear cosmetic.

Meaning you do not have armor values on them. That would also put a bigger emphasis for Snipers to do something that has been established in multiplayer fps for 15-20 years. Landing headshots is rewarding and deadly. Especially with weapons that do a lot of alpha damage but have a low rate of fire (sniper rifles). 

2. Remove armor plates and change it to 3 different "perks" you can add to a vest/top

I don't like the simple system that armor in this game is a indirect extension of health via damage reduction. I would rather something like perk options you can add to your combat vest/top. Those could be things like

• Light Option:  5% Faster going into ADS, 5% faster weapon switch
  • Medium Option: +1 of Ammo for your main weapon, +1 Grenade
  • Heavy Option: 10% Damage reduction of explosive/plash damage, + 1 Anti Tank Weapon Ammo 

Note that these are just mock up examples and made up numbers. 

But I think things like this could be used to offer different options while trying to suggest some options to certain playstyles. In the example light could be a good option for snipers or otherwise really aggressive players. Medium is a solid option for most classes, and heavy a option for people who want to focus on taking down vehicles. 

The perk system could easily exist without compromising the flagship feature of the game, being the armor system, which is a really interesting spin on the default FPS formula. You're tougher head on, but much more vulnerable from a flank (especially backstab) due to the low overall TTK.

Sniper rifles (particularly current bolt action ones) could be balanced with helmets in mind, making headshots more deadly (by boosting their penetration values, for example) other than that I'd rather see a balance pass on the damage reduction values of the different helmet levels rather than ditching the entire concept.

I also think that the choice between a helmet or non-protective head cosmetic should be done on a per loadout basis. That way we can ditch the helmet on certain classes for reduced weight, which could be very beneficial for some builds, without compromising the rest of our loadouts.

The devs though about perks and decided it didn't fit with the game.

Im not too against them but it would add more inconsistencies in combat which is not conducive to a competitive game.

It would be a off shoot RNG mechanic where you can be were of what perks you will face with each new enemy you fight. There could be some place for it tho but no need to waste resources on it if the perks to be limited for the sake of keeping the gameplay unbroken.

I would like to see them increase the weight system to 4 brackets to allow more in depth system to it were you had more variations of the pros and cons of going heavier or lighter.

8 hours ago, Schlagerfreund said:

Personally I say ditch most of the armor system.

1. Make headgear cosmetic.

Meaning you do not have armor values on them. That would also put a bigger emphasis for Snipers to do something that has been established in multiplayer fps for 15-20 years. Landing headshots is rewarding and deadly. Especially with weapons that do a lot of alpha damage but have a low rate of fire (sniper rifles). 

2. Remove armor plates and change it to 3 different "perks" you can add to a vest/top

I don't like the simple system that armor in this game is a indirect extension of health via damage reduction. I would rather something like perk options you can add to your combat vest/top. Those could be things like

• Light Option:  5% Faster going into ADS, 5% faster weapon switch
  • Medium Option: +1 of Ammo for your main weapon, +1 Grenade
  • Heavy Option: 10% Damage reduction of explosive/plash damage, + 1 Anti Tank Weapon Ammo 

Note that these are just mock up examples and made up numbers. 

But I think things like this could be used to offer different options while trying to suggest some options to certain playstyles. In the example light could be a good option for snipers or otherwise really aggressive players. Medium is a solid option for most classes, and heavy a option for people who want to focus on taking down vehicles. 

While I somewhat agree with making them cosmetic, I cannot agree about helmets being pure cosmetic and perk system.

Armor system needs some fixing, but I personally would implement more simple way - make one tier of headgear armor - because helmet doesn't fully protect head and you can still land fatal headshots if you hit the guy in da face.

About the perk system - perks have a rather bad reputation as something that is taken from CoD... so community would not really agree on that. What I personally would do about this one - I vouch for a stamina bar dependant of your equipment weight, scalable movement speed according to weight, and setting the highest weight limit so people wouldn't run with Class IV armor, TOR .50 and MG5.

Sign in to follow this