Sign in to follow this  
Wesleyfrd

The game is dying and nothing is done.

I bought the game and most of it played on the loading screen. The server problems were not the problem, the game is extremely poorly optimized and poorly done, I can barely get on the screen with the message "connecting to the server" without a crash

is a total lack of consideration with the player what was done by the developer, a games in early acess has to be playable since its launch, I did not pay for a kickstarter project that will only see ready in years or only if the financial goal is reached.

I know that many can play, that the servers have already been arranged but I do not have the money to have the computer that you have and even then I still have a good computer that can run all the games except for this game that I thought would have its problems but I could at least get into the game and play some games.

I feel like I spent my money and that soon even if the developers set the game and all their problems I can not play. I follow the steam charts and every day the number of players seems to decrease along with the hype.

Sorry if you hear grammatical errors, I'm not fluent in the language and I'm using google translate to write this outburst.

Screenshot_7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wesleyfrd said:

I bought the game and most of it played on the loading screen. The server problems were not the problem, the game is extremely poorly optimized and poorly done, I can barely get on the screen with the message "connecting to the server" without a crash

I can't relate to your problems in this case (I have over 80 hours played at this point, maybe 5 total spent on loading screens, and the only crash I've had so far was after client was running for 10 hours straight - I consider myself lucky) however I do understand how you feel. It's very unfortunate but somewhat to be expected. It's not finished product, not by a long shot and problems like this are sadly to be expected. Buying into Early Access is always a gamble.

is a total lack of consideration with the player what was done by the developer, a games in early acess has to be playable since its launch, I did not pay for a kickstarter project that will only see ready in years or only if the financial goal is reached.

Hold your horses there my friend. Early Access is basically a kickstarter project - difference being many EA games are pretty much finished (how many games actually evolve far beyond their initial base? Even wildly successful ARK was mostly revolving around spitting out content updates without many changes to the base game and never really got fixed and optimized, whereas this one is true alpha/beta. It's barely a week in and they're dealing with server problems which is their main priority right now. It's first mass multiplayer game for them, much bigger studios with years of expertise fail on this field even up to this day. I would cut them a slack, honestly - it's not EA/Ubi/Acti with pretty much unlimited resources that is fucking up here, it's a small studio in Eastern Europe. I would say for what they are they've delivered astonishingly deep product, and certainly had better priorities when it comes to actually designing a game - it's bare in content but it has rich mechanics which provide solid foundations to built upon. Many other Early Access game doesn't have even half of actual potential this one has, solely for this reason alone - adding said mechanics as an afterthought would be financially and manhours-wise unviable. Many people don't see that.

I know that many can play, that the servers have already been arranged but I do not have the money to have the computer that you have and even then I still have a good computer that can run all the games except for this game that I thought would have its problems but I could at least get into the game and play some games.

Servers for the game are running just fine - they're based on AWS service, the only problem is auth server. Don't worry, come back and have a go when a bit more is fixed and more content is added. You might like it, you might not - all I'm saying it's a bit early to set final judgement for a product in Alpha stage. I bet devs are regretting that they let all people in at this point but let them at least show that they're trying. 

• Like 2

A dead game with thousands of players everyday? If so there would be tons of developers want their game to be "dead"

Edited by StarkSJH
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, StarkSJH said:

A dead game with thousands of players everyday? If so there would be tons of developers want their game to be "dead"

Of course game is dying. He's not technically wrong. Product in it's current state won't hold any crowds under any extended amount of time. However it's unreasonable at best to expect any significant or meaningful updates within a week...

First impressions are everything in this disposable market today.

People buy the game,first impression is bad,refund,and move on to the next game and forget about it.

People need to chill a bit. It's an early access game and everyone that bought it accepted it's state willingly. No one said it's a finished product. So what's the big deal ? Play or wait for updates & comms from DEVs.

1 hour ago, Marrond said:

Of course game is dying. He's not technically wrong. Product in it's current state won't hold any crowds under any extended amount of time. However it's unreasonable at best to expect any significant or meaningful updates within a week...

1, The game is not stuck in a current state its in development,.

2, Red orchestra and rising storm 1&2 have a  small player base and have survived like this for years just fine. 

he is a typical discord user, spending more time watching charts than playing and crying about numbers going down and making others depress.

i HATE this kind of ppl, just go away and shut the f*ck up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

too much effort to make this game look as a dying one, there is almost 5 k ppl playing all days, that's a dying ?? pfff.... just play or don't do it at all, but don't come here with lame "facts"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Bizarroskull said:

too much effort to make this game look as a dying one, there is almost 5 k ppl playing all days, that's a dying ?? pfff.... just play or don't do it at all, but don't come here with lame "facts"

2 hours ago, Otsune said:

he is a typical discord user, spending more time watching charts than playing and crying about numbers going down and making others depress.

i HATE this kind of ppl, just go away and shut the f*ck up.

4 hours ago, CROSS EYES said:

1, The game is not stuck in a current state its in development,.

2, Red orchestra and rising storm 1&2 have a  small player base and have survived like this for years just fine. 

4 hours ago, Slav83 said:

People need to chill a bit. It's an early access game and everyone that bought it accepted it's state willingly. No one said it's a finished product. So what's the big deal ? Play or wait for updates & comms from DEVs.

5 hours ago, Dimera said:

People buy the game,first impression is bad,refund,and move on to the next game and forget about it.

5 hours ago, Marrond said:

6 hours ago, StarkSJH said:

11 hours ago, ill said:

Dying? so squad is also a dead game with less than 1500 players? ok bro...

13 hours ago, Marrond said:

I can't relate to your problems in this case (I have over 80 hours played at this point, maybe 5 total spent on loading screens, and the only crash I've had so far was after client was running for 10 hours straight - I consider myself lucky) however I do understand how you feel. It's very unfortunate but somewhat to be expected. It's not finished product, not by a long shot and problems like this are sadly to be expected. Buying into Early Access is always a gamble.

Hold your horses there my friend. Early Access is basically a kickstarter project - difference being many EA games are pretty much finished (how many games actually evolve far beyond their initial base? Even wildly successful ARK was mostly revolving around spitting out content updates without many changes to the base game and never really got fixed and optimized, whereas this one is true alpha/beta. It's barely a week in and they're dealing with server problems which is their main priority right now. It's first mass multiplayer game for them, much bigger studios with years of expertise fail on this field even up to this day. I would cut them a slack, honestly - it's not EA/Ubi/Acti with pretty much unlimited resources that is fucking up here, it's a small studio in Eastern Europe. I would say for what they are they've delivered astonishingly deep product, and certainly had better priorities when it comes to actually designing a game - it's bare in content but it has rich mechanics which provide solid foundations to built upon. Many other Early Access game doesn't have even half of actual potential this one has, solely for this reason alone - adding said mechanics as an afterthought would be financially and manhours-wise unviable. Many people don't see that.

Servers for the game are running just fine - they're based on AWS service, the only problem is auth server. Don't worry, come back and have a go when a bit more is fixed and more content is added. You might like it, you might not - all I'm saying it's a bit early to set final judgement for a product in Alpha stage. I bet devs are regretting that they let all people in at this point but let them at least show that they're trying. 

13 hours ago, r_a_d_i_s_h said:

dear_diary.png

I made a better post for what I said, sorry guys, I was tired and a bit childish ^-^. 

On 10/27/2018 at 11:55 PM, ill said:

Dying? so squad is also a dead game with less than 1500 players? ok bro...

The only reason why squad is somewhat alive right now is because of the clans  and a few fanboys that will play the game even in their grave.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 6:32 AM, Dimera said:

I wish that wasn't true but it is :c