JiggyJinjo

Vepr 12 OP ?

Hello guys,

I've made a video of  a full game where I only use the Vepr 12. I found it way too good especially at range. Its rate of fire is also absurd considering the ridiculously low amount of recoil you get after each shot.

Note that I consider myself as a pretty good player but nowhere near pro level. With ARs, I get a KDR of 2 or 3 max.

Here are the highlights I want to show :
For your info, I played with an RPG as secondary so I also took the heavy armor and helmet

https://youtu.be/si-ueeE9cWA?t=39 : 2nd kill is ridiculous, the TTK is so short

https://youtu.be/si-ueeE9cWA?t=102 random spray without clearly seeing the target nor having crosshair on him, dealt tons of damage.

https://youtu.be/si-ueeE9cWA?t=367 Took 5 bullets on a 1 on 1 but still won with 48 hp left, armor OP ?

https://youtu.be/si-ueeE9cWA?t=495 When should you consider getting an AR if you can kill that fast from that far with the shotty ?

https://youtu.be/si-ueeE9cWA?t=967 No comment, first guy was already low but I managed to 2 hit kill a full health guy with most of his body in cover

https://youtu.be/si-ueeE9cWA?t=1086 That killstreak, this gun is so good (nothing wrong about the gun here)

https://youtu.be/si-ueeE9cWA?t=1277 Huge medium range damage but no kill unfortunately

https://youtu.be/si-ueeE9cWA?t=1362 2 Hit kill from medium range with only upper body showing...

I hope you find most of theses kills as ridiculous as I do because if everyone played this gun, the game wouldn't be as fun anymore.

This is what bothers me

• The TTK is ridiculous and better than any AR (unless you have god aim and recoil control).
  • You don't even need to aim well to get kills, just spam until the enemy dies, you can miss by a lot but still hit.
  • Simply increasing the recoil and lowering rate of fire would fix the problem imo.

PS: for anyone wondering, this has been recorded with a 6700k + 1070 on a 1440p screen

Edited by JiggyJinjo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 1

Yes, I've been killed from 37/40 meters with 2 shots couple times with this shotgun, in CQB you have no chance because of it's RoF+ minimun spread and high damage output.

Needs a couple tweaks I guess.

• Like 1

Yea, also I think armors should be tweaked so that 5.56/7.62 deal more damage to the player. As buckshot isn't good at penetrating, this would nerf it in a way.

However, this will lower the overall TTK so maybe all guns damage should be retweaked ?

Another problem is that the Tor will have to one shot from any range and any hit location and that'd be broken

• Like 1

Yea its clearly broken atm. I don't think the damage should be nerfed as a shotgun should be lethal at close range. It's the range that makes everyone go WTF? Just use it and you can pick people off from a good distance lol. Clearly an easy weapon to use for now with the lol range, but clearly a nerf is on the way.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JiggyJinjo said:

Yea, also I think armors should be tweaked so that 5.56/7.62 deal more damage to the player. As buckshot isn't good at penetrating, this would nerf it in a way.

However, this will lower the overall TTK so maybe all guns damage should be retweaked ?

Another problem is that the Tor will have to one shot from any range and any hit location and that'd be broken

Yeah, I think that one of the best part of this game is the armor functionality BUT with this the gun balance could be the hardest part, so I guess that it will be many tweaks here and there in the comming builds for a good overall balance.

2 minutes ago, IIJackoII said:

Yeah, I think that one of the best part of this game is the armor functionality BUT with this the gun balance could be the hardest part, so I guess that it will be many tweaks here and there in the comming builds for a good overall balance.

Yea can't agree more. I think that's the amount of pellets hitting unprotected areas that is broken too. I used the long barrel but I don't think it had any impact. If the spread is increased that'd be great but I also like games where shotguns reflect the reality as they are quite accurate

Edited by JiggyJinjo

I mostly get lag from Vepr, so I can't shoot back.

The chestshot will drop fps 15 - 10 in a second.

5 hours ago, ZeuZ said:

Yea its clearly broken atm. I don't think the damage should be nerfed as a shotgun should be lethal at close range. It's the range that makes everyone go WTF? Just use it and you can pick people off from a good distance lol. Clearly an easy weapon to use for now with the lol range, but clearly a nerf is on the way.

Yeah, i really like the current damage system, unless he used different slugs for distance, it might need a tweaking indeed, but i still think the devs shouldn't nerf around "damage" all the time...

Yeah, Vepr-12 is way to OP, TTK is fast as f*ck boii.

It seriously needs a higher damage over range drop-off. I got few kill with this weapon on a 30+ meters range which is ridiculous.

tbf if they went for realism with the shotguns then its accurate but in its current state for gameplay it does need a tad bit of a nerf

1 hour ago, BigusDickus said:

tbf if they went for realism with the shotguns then its accurate but in its current state for gameplay it does need a tad bit of a nerf 

Sometimes its almost more effective at range than rifles right now. I've been one shot by this thing at full health from a good 40 metres, my rifle can't do that.

I can surely say that both shotties are extremely good up to 40m range. But Vepr-12 is even stronger, because you can spam the absolute hell out of it while still being accurate and deadly.

Just put on a long barrel, a grip and a scope. And you'll be fine sniping people.

I already did a thread with suggestions - what I came up with was to increase damage dropoff above 20m, maybe increase recoil and spread.

• Like 1

Fuck yeah it needs a nerf :D I countered a sniper with it from about 90 m away :D its a feckin laser beam!

The only thing it needs is more steep damage falloff past 40m... the rest should stay the same.

6 hours ago, VenenaMedicus said:

increase damage dropoff above 20m, maybe increase recoil and spread.

Yep, spread and recoil should be higher too. 

This gun reminds me alot of a BF3 and those saiga newbies....pew pew pew, hey! pew pew pew... BUT  PEW PEW PEW!!!

?

Yeah it's spread at range seems a bit too low currently and the recoil requires little to no effort to control, it's only real weakness is that it only has 10 round mags but still you can wipe a few people out with 10 rounds too easily.

21 hours ago, imareeldoge said:

Yeah, Vepr-12 is way to OP, TTK is fast as f*ck boii.

It seriously needs a higher damage over range drop-off. I got few kill with this weapon on a 30+ meters range which is ridiculous.

It's semi-automatic shotgun, not a fucking slingshot... my BB gun fires accurately at 30m and it slings plastic 0.2g balls ffs....

Seriously, people have this weird idea where every shotgun is

latest?cb=20120915055728

Meanwhile Vepr 12 is literally a hunting gun (among others) xD

Edited by Marrond

1 hour ago, IIJackoII said:

Yep, spread and recoil should be higher too. 

This gun reminds me alot of a BF3 and those saiga newbies....pew pew pew, hey! pew pew pew... BUT  PEW PEW PEW!!!

?

No no no, it is 100% the Dart "bug" from the under barrel!!

• Like 1

Ah, I've found it, perfect picture for every occassion someone complain about shotguns in games being too powerful:

c2ag_600x481_3_shotgun%20spread.JPG

Right now Vepr 12 is modeled rather realistically - also a weapon of choice for many competitions.

It's been one of the most often requested features to have realistic shotguns, so there you have them ?

All of the weapon balance is still early, we'll look at both shotguns, Vepr could use a long-range damage nerf and MCS a long-range buff. We'll see what we do after in-house testing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nuro said:

No no no, it is 100% the Dart "bug" from the under barrel!!

Hahaha do you remember that!? if I remember well that was with the G3A3+ UB that every dart has the damage of the main gun....full instakill megarekt to any who cross that line of fire ?

I didn't even touch it because I tought it's a shotgun, what range can it have ... but after seeing the video I can say it looks OP Insert other media

Edited by Lazyyawn

1 hour ago, IIJackoII said:

Hahaha do you remember that!? if I remember well that was with the G3A3+ UB that every dart has the damage of the main gun....full instakill megarekt to any who cross that line of fire ?

That was exactly it, the rage was hilarious!!