JiggyJinjo

Vepr 12 OP ?

I've played with the VEPR thinking it was a DMR since i could get kills from a far distance... 

Thats when i noticed that its a shotgun and i'm using a 4x sight to get ez kills lolol

5 hours ago, Borreh said:

It's been one of the most often requested features to have realistic shotguns, so there you have them ?

All of the weapon balance is still early, we'll look at both shotguns, Vepr could use a long-range damage nerf and MCS a long-range buff. We'll see what we do after in-house testing.

And it's well appreciated. But then there's CoD/Battlefield crowd... 

• Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Marrond said:

And it's well appreciated. But then there's CoD/Battlefield crowd... 

No gun other than a sniper rifle will kill you instantly at that range. Nothing to do with muh cod.

7 minutes ago, Noosa said:

No gun other than a sniper rifle will kill you instantly at that range. Nothing to do with muh cod.

Vepr isn't killing instantly at range in the game though - but don't worry, it will, once we get slugs... Usually it means emptying between half to entirety of 10 round mag, depending on target's health and pellet placement roll... spread at range is quite well portrayed. 

11 minutes ago, Marrond said:

Vepr isn't killing instantly at range in the game though - but don't worry, it will, once we get slugs... Usually it means emptying between half to entirety of 10 round mag, depending on target's health and pellet placement roll... spread at range is quite well portrayed. 

Sometimes it does, it seems to be uniquely benefiting from the armour system. Its not a huge problem but you always feel it when someone on the other team is using a Vepr, not so much for other weapons.

1 hour ago, Marrond said:

Sure it does lol. Its weird  you can simply blast people at range and be like WTF? Its a lot of fun im not going to lie, but also pretty stupid lol.

Yeah I got sniped from like 50m + today on a couple of occasions. Its pretty OP for sure. I'm looking forward to it being nerfed. 

Mind you, with the right weapon and enough movement its a piece of cake stomping on shotty users.