Sign in to follow this  
Extramediums

Ammo bug on all loadouts

First noticed with MG5 loadout I had

Spawn in, ammo counter shows 100/0

Fire one round, ammo counter shows 29/0

29 rounds fired, 0/0, unable to fire (out of ammo)

Drop supply pack and resupply once, end up with 6 ammo in reserves, reload = 6/0

all weapons now do this unless their maximum rounds per magazine are lower (Sniper rifles 5/0, etc)

Weapon performs and acts normal otherwise.

Secondary weapons seem unaffected in some instances

Edit: Now with 500% more video example 

Verified steam files, attempted multiple loadouts, changes, etc. No resolution for issue.

EDIT 2: Change might have something to do with additional ammo. I swapped on one weapon with no results so I changed all weapons on all loadouts to default ammo as additional and the problem seems to be removed.

Edited by Extramediums
  • Like 2

Never had an issue like this.

I know that the amount of ammo you spawn with is related with the weight you are carrying, but I don't know if that's the same thing.

4 minutes ago, nunbar said:

Never had an issue like this.

I know that the amount of ammo you spawn with is related with the weight you are carrying, but I don't know if that's the same thing.

Load out didn't change since yesterday, and no patches were released, so unrelated to that. If there's something going on server side, or account side then maybe that would explain it.

This has affected me with the UKM, I think it might be specific to that weapon, I change my load out wait to be sure and sure enough, even if i'm medium weight, i'm still only spawning with 30 rounds for the ukm, additioanlly ammo kits only resupply 3-9 rounds per tick so i can't even resupply.

in your screenshots you have "special" ammo loaded. in this case hollow point. you only get 30 shots of your special ammo at spawn (snipers get less 5 i think). and rearming usually gives you a very low numberfor each rearm "tick".

hold your reload key to change back to the normal FMJ ammo. there you should have your normal 100/300 for the mg5

2 minutes ago, Die Happy said:

in your screenshots you have "special" ammo loaded. in this case hollow point. you only get 30 shots of your special ammo at spawn (snipers get less 5 i think). and rearming usually gives you a very low numberfor each rearm "tick".

hold your reload key to change back to the normal FMJ ammo. there you should have your normal 100/300 for the mg5

I have been able to reproduce the issue inconsistently and it wasn't related to the ammunition type I had. Changing the customisation fixed the issue, but I'm not sure what it was I changed. I haven't been able to reproduce it since. But when it occurred for me, I would have 100/300 and then fire a round and have like 50/0. Changing ammunition types didn't resolve the issue for me either. :( 

The ammo amounts are a mess and we'll be improving them soon, possibly redesigning the entire system from the ground up.

Edited by Borreh
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Borreh said:

The ammo amounts are a mess and we'll be improving them soon, possibly redesigning the entire system from the ground up.

you could copy the ammo system from insurgency sandstorm (persistent magazine, quick reload with doubletap r key)

THAT would be GREAT!!!

Edited by revdox

11 minutes ago, Borreh said:

Yes we are willing to add mag retention :)

hell yea... best decision.... dont forget the fast reload option (throwing away the mag)

29 minutes ago, revdox said:

hell yea... best decision.... dont forget the fast reload option (throwing away the mag)

We'll implement the entire system to make sure it's authentic.

Mag retention is this fun thing that can make the game more tactical/realistic without sacrificing accesibility so it's a great choice for us.

38 minutes ago, Borreh said:

We'll implement the entire system to make sure it's authentic.

Mag retention is this fun thing that can make the game more tactical/realistic without sacrificing accesibility so it's a great choice for us.

Yeah I'd love to see something like this, surviving multiple fights while managing a bunch of half empty mags can be so satisfying.

Happened to me with sniper rifles. Started with what?...Five shots and no extra ammo? This needs a fix.

7 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Happened to me with sniper rifles. Started with what?...Five shots and no extra ammo? This needs a fix.

As others have said in the thread, it's showing your special ammo, if you hold reload it'll switch back to regular ammo.

I've seen the same with the RPG, sometimes on respawn it'll have the default ammo and other times it'll have my secondary tandem ammo.

8 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Still needs a fix if it's random.

Yeah but it's not as game-breaking as the title suggests was my point.