GameShock

This game will soon be dead.

If the devs dont hurry up and at least tell us there plans for this game or communicate with us in anyway what is going on this game will not last. All you need to do is read the forums and you will see the amount of people disappointed and lost hope for the game. Not only is the game full of issues and a lack of communication from the devs the release of hacks for the game is just around the corner so any players hanging in there with hope will soon quit when the hackers come in and flood the game. 

gregege.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Angry 1

I don't think it will be dead, but your main point of critique is right.

We need better communication about what is going on right now and what is planned. I know that this is a small team, but that is also why we need more communication. We don't need the same copy pasted tweets every day. People want to know what is going on in order to stay engaged. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Its dropped from a peek of 11k to 4k in a week, Unless there is a update to fix what a lot are complaining about or something new is added i dont see why them numbers will not drop by half again in another week. Websites are announcing the release of there hacks for the game soon and we all know when that happens people will up and leave if they haven't already. The game may not die but im assuming at its current rate there will be a max of 2k players on at peak times and as low at 800-1k at non peak hours and weekdays.  When there is not many players it means the chances of ending up in a game with a hacker is a lot higher so it will seem like every 1 in 3 games you end up with a hacker or something. Also a lot of palyers who buy this game and are unable to get a refund may turn to hacking the game as they just dont care about it and do not care about being banned, Increasing the amount of people who will actually use the cheats.

Edited by GameShock
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

The way you're presenting this is inaccurate. The numbers have been steady for the past few days, there's no reason to assume that we'll have 2k peaks by next week.

Most of the complaints are from people who just can't play at all, so i don't see how they're going to do what you say.

chart.png

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

“We want to develop World War 3 based on your feedback. We enter early access with a solid foundation of the game and will be open to all suggestions, design and feature ideas from the community. 

Early Access allows people who share our perception on modern FPS games to join the active development of the game, as we release patches and updates based on community feedback.

After Early Access release we want to reveal the Roadmap of the project to show our plans for the coming months of development.”

• Haha 1

The population is dropped indeed, and they are too silent, but i like this game and i suppose many other players like it, so, maybe it's not going to have milion of players but it will have a solid small community. I played many awesome shooters with 1000-2000 players in the past, and they survived for years.

Devs are disrespectful, but stop this negativity and spread the word, change negative reviews, post videos etc... we are all in the same boat.

Edited by Ciunay_R
  • Confused 1

The game does need a update soon, but I dont think it will die out until for some time. 4.5k is a decent size for a game that is this unhyped by popular streamers.

Too bad the master server issues set the dev team back a week or two. When they add new stuff it will slowly trickle back up but this isnt a sprint its a marathon towards a finished game.

The devs were expecting a small community that would help with feedback and test along with the most important part gathering data to use for balancing.

The devs got more then they expected and sold 100k copies and had 10k day one. Most people do not buy EA games but there was a good amount of EA virgins this time because of the negative hype BFV garnered and the huge want for a good BF game.

Out side of the master server getting overloaded the launch was really good for them but a lot of people were exposed to the game with a negative first impression.

So far 100k people have the game already and 10k of them tried to get on day one and then we are sitting at 4.5k now. Just expect the community to be small and people to trickle in.

• Thanks 1

I dono ,  F51 they really gonna have to put their GAME UP ! or they gonna looseA LOT OF PEOPLE !!

November- it's around the corner.

And still a LOT , I mean A LOT- of fixes work to do, we need a PATCH really soon - ASAP !!

and a Anticheat good software = Battle Eye.

They been trying to communicate as much they can , I'm not, in any way, defending them or protecting their actions , but is a small Studio and all the man power now, its Dedicated to the Improvement of the Multimedia Product, But if they dont release something before NOVEMBER its gonna be a BY BY  !

Their 51-51 -51  $$$.$$ its gonna be a fast illusion and it's just gonna go Down really fast !

They gonna need to be REALLY EFFICIENT, or face the consequences of FAILING in the start - CRUNCH TIME !!

Its a reality in the gaming Industry.

We believe in you Farm51  _ Keep it Strong _  AND DELIVER !!

KING REGARDS

HALCON4 - WW3k4to01

• Like 2

100k people bought the game yet the active players sit at 4k in a week idk how that doesn't tell you all you need to know. That's 95k players who choose not to play. Or so many players get on so little that number doesent spike up to like 10k+

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Noosa said:

The way you're presenting this is inaccurate. The numbers have been steady for the past few days, there's no reason to assume that we'll have 2k peaks by next week.

Most of the complaints are from people who just can't play at all, so i don't see how they're going to do what you say.

chart.png

Even in that graph you can see the numbers dropping and your point that the past few days they stayed the same. Well that past 2 days was a weekend so if anything them numbers should have risen not stayed the same because more of them 100k people who bought the game should have been available to get on. Also that wouldn't be a bad drop if it was over a month but its over a week so the numbers might look small but it's still a loss of a couple hundred per day. 

Edited by GameShock
  • Sad 1

people buy the game early and cheap then wait to play when its in a better state. The launch hindered the game but it is no were near a dead state. I play planetside 2 and have been for the past 3 years in off and on stents. that game is 6 years old and one of the best games Ive played. It sits at 3.5 and is gaining more players after it was in a bad state last year but still very playable with the community.

Small communities are not dead ones by a long shot. Planetside 2 isn't in the golden age of 5-6k players any more but it might get close to that again. I am also adept with how private non retail servers run and how those small communities are still strong and constant.

There does need to be a content drop with in the next 1-2 weeks but I do not now if they can get a good enough content patch going with the master server fix.

Progression and weapon unlock needs to be fully on to a point that we can start progressing to unlock weapons to keep us busy in time for the November patch that could bring the new map and then recon which is probably pushed back at this point by a week from its original start. I was hoping for a content patch by next week if the master server didn't need major optimization.

When we get Recon the game pop will probably double if not triple for the very least the first day. @Borreh heads up on Recon

So I wont worry about pop right now it ebbs and flows with the tide and there will be a small core base that stays around like every other small gaming community population with people coming and going till we get to launch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TZoningHard said:

The devs were expecting a small community that would help with feedback and test along with the most important part gathering data to use for balancing

Then why not just release more keys instead of rushing to launch on steam? Oh yeah because they needed that battlefield old release date they couldn't wait an extra month after releasing more keys to test there game. 100k sales that means they have made $3,000,000 for this broken state of a game.. I'm sure this early broken release for the game wasent money driven though..  Even one of the devs said on a post somewhere, "we wanted to look into it but ran out of time" ran out of time? Could have just pushed back the release until the things you knew was broken was fixed. 

You can see in the chart that the prime time is getting slightly lower but the trough (lowest peak) of players online has risen back up at a rate that is far better then just stabilizing. This game is still fresh for lots of people who haven't played yet so we got time and the graph is only a week and after a major event such as launch and servers not working. for 2-3 days.

They dont need the money at all they are already funded and early access only makes up a fraction if at most of a games sells.

The game isn't broken at all, it is really solid and actually much better polished then any early access game Ive seen. Its still bit rough around the edges and harsh are some peoples PCs along with having limited selection of maps/weapons but its pretty fun right now.

The only major issue with the game was the master server not being up to the popularity the devs didn't think they would get.

They didn't think the master server would get overloaded even though they were warned about stress test since it happens every time that the crucial login and back end servers that the matches themselves dont run on get over loaded. They are also the first connection and barrier to stop DDoSs which I think we were experiencing from past experiences of pservers getting DDoSd.

They should have expected a DDoS anyway since cheatmakers like to DDoS to make it easier to infiltrate the games server to get code and build in back doors. I happens a lot to smaller devs and servers.

Pushing it back wouldn't of solved the issue since they dint now about the issue and this was a good launch date why do you think BFV also chose it. Its out of the way of the holidays and before people spend loads of money which wouldn't go to ww3 as its not gift giving material.

• Like 1

I don't think that the game will be dead soon. Sure, the EA release was a absolute desaster but this can happen in EA. I think the players will come back when the game runs more stable and the devs add more content (like maps and game modes).

The game will become a stable player base in the future, i'm sure about that. Give it a bit more time. In one year you will say in voice chat "you remember the ea release?" "yeah! that was fun ...not^^ but now it's a f*cking nice game!".

• Like 1

i for myself refuse to play without any progression, and im think im not alone with this thinking

2 hours ago, HALCON4 said:

I dono ,  F51 they really gonna have to put their GAME UP ! or they gonna looseA LOT OF PEOPLE !!
Their 51-51 -51  $$$.$$ its gonna be a fast illusion and it's just gonna go Down really fast !
They gonna need to be REALLY EFFICIENT, or face the consequences of FAILING in the start - CRUNCH TIME !!
Its a reality in the gaming Industry.
We believe in you Farm51  _ Keep it Strong _  AND DELIVER !!
KING REGARDS
HALCON4 - WW3k4to01

Ha ha ha ! Star Citizen is going like this for 6 years and they have like 2 millions players which all play a bugged, clunky, unoptimized and unfinished game. And eveyone's happy !

The poor technical performance of a game will not loose its playerbase ! Especially in EA. Those who'll leave are the spoiled players who think that they just have to whine to obtain something or that the EA titles are a sale.

So don't be that scared ! Don't panic ! Two days ago the game didn't worked for me, except on the NA or AS servers with very high ping. And one or two patches later I can connect to EU servers (where I live) with a nice ping and I'm cool :) I don't even have a good internet connection (8Mb)

Edited by giantjoe202

This is true but like devs says, it's a marathon. Btw they need more communication skills, cause those "community managers" can't do it.

To be honest the devs posted that they was at Warsaw gaming event and i assume this is why we have had zero communication as they where more than likely setting up for this all week...

Capture.PNG.b4874199270407b40a2f2e2464afd6ec.PNG

Honestly i have defended this game with tooth and nail but how can you defend that?

The game had an abysmal launch and like mentioned in this thread lost a massive portion of its player base in a  week of release and we have had ZERO communication from the devs that where once before active on Discord (they now appear off line) but now for some reason we have 100% radio silence since last Sunday...i think? Yeah last Sunday was the last news post about a patch and then 2 more post about the forums opening and a German channel being added to Discord but nothing to address all us in here of any situation or progress made.

Honestly, i love the game, bought limited edition and supported it all the way and still do but the devs have sadly fell short at the first hurdle of communication when it matters the most and i can't defend that against all the haters that the game currently has.

Well that explains their silence. But it's ok for me. I guess that their place at Warsaw gaming wasn't something they could afford to cancel (I dont think they were planning on failing the WW3 launch, so...) because the price to book a place in those conventions are very high and for a game that needs to start off it's a good thing. Gaming show like that are good for products, even faulty ones like WW3, so now that it's out they couldn't do anything without it.

So now they have been back from this gaming convention and they can now begin to work on fixing those servers for those who still can't connect and start answering bug fixing request from the community.

HOLD ON EVERYONE ! You don't have a good spirit, when you will be playing the game, are you gonna rage quit everytime you loose a point ? No, so don't do that IRL either ;)

Edited by giantjoe202

28 minutes ago, giantjoe202 said:

Well that explains their silence. But it's ok for me. I guess that their place at Warsaw gaming wasn't something they could afford to cancel (I dont think they were planning on failing the WW3 launch, so...) because the price to book a place in those conventions are very high and for a game that needs to start off it's a good thing. Gaming show like that are good for products, even faulty ones like WW3, so now that it's out they couldn't do anything without it.

So now they have been back from this gaming convention and they can now begin to work on fixing those servers for those who still can't connect and start answering bug fixing request from the community.

HOLD ON EVERYONE ! You don't have a good spirit, when you will be playing the game, are you gonna rage quit everytime you loose a point ? No, so don't do that IRL either ;)

We can only hope :)

"Oh look, I've read some graphs, I am so smart!"

It's obvious that the games always generate the most interest at their launch, and the interest quickly drops off during next few days, and stabilizes in about a month. The downward curve may have been somewhat affected by the rocky launch, but is nowhere near predictive of the game's future. Especially not after just two weeks after the launch, and ESPECIALLY not when it comes to EA title, since each new patch which adds some significant features will re-attract players to come check the game again.

You can look at tons of popular games, which are nowhere near dead even years after their release, and if Steam charts happens to have fine enough data set after the launch (it doesn't always), then you can observe the exact same curve during the first month.

For example here is Rise of the Tomb Raider, a game released 2 years ago, with larger 24 hour peak than WW3:

1.PNG.bd954ec3b9a5b537d2e6471f7c93c424.PNG

You can see that in the first month, the game had steep downward curve. Not because it was failing at launch, but simple because every official release, especially supported by marketing, tends to generate a very short but intense spike in the interest. 

Edited by rawalanche

Oh geez, game is going to die....

***Looks at Squad for the last 2 years, fluctuated with about the same amount of players after initial release***

• Like 1

I'm still watching to see what happens. I want to buy it, but I'm not prepared to play with high pings. Does not work on other games, and it will certainly not work on this either. (For me.)

So I'll keep my wallet closed for now and hope for the best.

Edited by Stebro
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, giantjoe202 said:

Ha ha ha ! Star Citizen is going like this for 6 years and they have like 2 millions players which all play a bugged, clunky, unoptimized and unfinished game. And eveyone's happy !

The poor technical performance of a game will not loose its playerbase ! Especially in EA. Those who'll leave are the spoiled players who think that they just have to whine to obtain something or that the EA titles are a sale.

So don't be that scared ! Don't panic ! Two days ago the game didn't worked for me, except on the NA or AS servers with very high ping. And one or two patches later I can connect to EU servers (where I live) with a nice ping and I'm cool :) I don't even have a good internet connection (8Mb)

Excuse me but...Star Citizen... it's a completely different beast - a different genre  - .

:) I'm not scare or  panicking , LOL  I just saying that it could happen , you know how the gaming industry works and in this cases and with this kind of titles and gameplay styles.

But hey thank you and great you can connect now !!

Hope you can enjoy more smooth gameplay :)  enjoy your investment !!

FARM 51  DEV<TECH TEAM !!

October 30 <------? now !! ,   ⏰  countdown 

( Patch  ?!! )

• Confused 1