GameShock

People defending this game need to wakeup.

2 hours ago, GameShock said:

(...)

Any product has problem with brown nosers - at this point in time game is objectivelly not very good and require a lot of work put into it. That being said I do believe WW3 has attainable potential. Simply because it's different from many other Early Access products - and not in a way that it doesn't work ;) Game is pretty barebone in content but base systems implemented are quire rich. If you notice, entire customization system is mostly a placeholder with no significant impact on the gameplay. Same with pretty much everything else. It screams proof of concept around every corner. This is good however - because implementing half of the stuff game already has later in development would be either financially unviable or simply would require to rewrite half of the game from scratch to accommodate for said systems. Improving animations, sounds, adding more content - this is nothing in comparison to overhauling core game mechanics. And premise for these mechanics is really good IMHO. If product never improves beyond what they're showing right now - yeah, it's gonna die miserably. I just think a week into early access is a tad bit early, given the circumstances to judge whether or not they're actually capable of pulling this off.

I would probably (most certainly) write exactly same post you did if AAA company tried to pull shit like this off - because they have no excuse: operating on pretty much unlimited resources, decades of experience and having access to most talented people in the industry there are no other reasons to provide crap product. Electronic Arts right now is trying to push Battlefield V as their marketing team named it "living service" while they essentially provide early access product for full price that won't have most of it's content until after March next year. Living service is Warframe or Path of Exile and not whatever cashcow AAA publishers are trying to push down our throats. Will Battlefield V be more polished experience on release day? Of course. It would be catastrophic if studio making hundreds of billions of dollars annually couldn't even release working barebone game. But here, we are talking about small studio from country where quality gamedev pretty much is non-existent outside of Techland and CDP Red. Last their game I remember was looking like this in 2009... I'm not aware of any other of their projects similar in scale and complexity to WW3 and quite honestly I genuinely believe it's quite amazing what they've pulled off here. If you lack experience, you won't foresee shit.

As for pushing out Early Access - aside from early auth server issues that prohibited majority of players from accessing the game, it's working fine? I mean don't get me wrong - it's so buggy it could compete with Bethesda (it's funny how they push out buggy crap with possibly the most bland story and quests and they get away with murder every time...) but core gameplay is working rather smoothly.

I will say take time off WW3 until they get their shit together and give it another shot later. Maybe, just maybe we won't be playing something else by then because this failed.

TL;DR: Game has real potential due to development approach and only time will tell if F51 can or cannot live up to the task and ironing out all the problems. Literally week into Early Access is a bit early to judge and expect from no-name company (sorry Farm 51 :P).

Edited by Marrond
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gutshot said:

LOL people nowadays, outrage about critic in what they thing is just fine. Argue with "for me its working so it has for you, if not fuck off and move on, but dont dare to complain about obv defects, for sth you spent time, passion and money into." Can be seen almost anywhere in everday life these days.
To me thats a paragon of being ignorant.

It's not fine because the game is not finished, but it will be because it's an early access and the devs will not abandon the work so we'll all have our AAA game and we'll even have the priviledge to see its birth and rise !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, giantjoe202 said:

It's not fine because the game is not finished, but it will be because it's an early access and the devs will not abandon the work so we'll all have our AAA game and we'll even have the priviledge to see its birth and rise !

People don't have ideology - ideology has people... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean.... nothing stops them from burning the bridge, taking the money and legging it. But I would assume they want to milk this unexpected cow for a tad bit longer ;)

Edited by Marrond
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Marrond said:

People don't have ideology - ideology has people... ¯\_(ツ)\_/¯

Sorry I don't get it... what does it have to do with what I said ?

6 minutes ago, giantjoe202 said:

Sorry I don't get it... what does it have to do with what I said ?

edited the post and boldened quote before you answered but I will expand. Game is not finished, nothing guarantess that it will or will not get finished and to what extent said "finish" actually reaches. There's also nothing stopping them from taking the money and abandoning this if they deem saving it not financially viable. Gamedev companies, like any other company thinks first and foremost about making more money than they did last year to please shareholders - the only goal is to make more money, everything else is a bonus. Now, while such scenario is rather unlikely (because this cow has plenty of milk left) it's not unrealistic scenario by any stretch of imagination.

Edited by Marrond

Played 37 hours so far, 7h right after public release with connectivity and loading issues (sub obtimal gaming experience), the others 30h were just fun with friends.

We are experiencing various issues during our plays but all of us are aware of the fact that we are playing a game in active development.

Blaming isn't constructive at all. Please stop opening new threads and talk like a messiah bringing the one and only truth to the pleb.

• Like 1

There's a big difference between giving critical feedback and your "THIS GAME IS DEAD" doom saying crusade. If you cannot see that then I feel sincerely sorry for you. Yes, criticism should be given. But Yelling that this game has no future on it's public forums, the place where the potential new player base goes to for more information, IS HELPING ABSOLUTELY NO ONE! Take a minute and try to finally understand that. Yes you should be critical. But the way in which you do that is important. And the way you do it is nothing more than destructive and I'm quite frankly disgusted by it.

Have a nice day!

• Like 5

Not usually the kind of person who likes to jump up and mindlessly defend the authority figure but..

They bungled the launch. What do you want? Seriously do you think they're just sitting around not trying to fix it? Do you think they'll work faster if you we "rise up" against them or something? Its not like you're bringing up things they're not aware of. Its not like they made this whole game here just as a bit of a meme, this is not some unknown start up of a company, they have made (good) games before.

$28 is not much for a game and if you're really that concerned with that amount of money then maybe you should have shown some caution. I already have 50 hours in game and its fun.

Edited by Noosa
  • Like 1

Damn dude, just look how far they've come in such a short time. They fixed the servers within 1-2 days of it being released and they've been updating the game like crazy. Early Access means unfinished. Were you even born yet when EA launched Battlefield 4? They launched it as a complete game and it was worse off than WW3. Not only that but it took them months to get BF4 to a playable state. This game is actually fun to play right now so I can just imagine how great it will become once the bugs have been worked out. Games like 7 Days to Die and Empyrion have been in early access for forever because you still come across bugs. Maybe next time look at Steam's definition of early access:

Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development.

Edited by Fuzzy Nubz

Im not complaining of course it takes time but I feel like there not up to the job or are just purely have no idea what going on I know servers can be little shits sometimes but after 10 days surely they would of called up an expert or wipped out the wizard book of servers. So far I have had no issues loading or playing I only do when I go on 64man server they it get really bad but 32man is fine.

Well, here's my bit. I am playing games for a long time and this game gives me exactly what I want, WHAT I WANT.  Some bugs, some finetuning  and there it is, COD and BF in one. Even in the EA stage I enjoy it. Why it had to take so long for a game like this, and for this price. If you want to whine about a few hick ups in the game, especially for this price, go play a board game !

Edited by Just too many

Just now, Just too many said:

Well, here's my bit. I am playing for a long time and this game gives me exactly what I want, WHAT I WANT.  Some bugs, some finetuning  and there it is, COD and BF in one. Even in the EA stage I enjoy it. Why it had to take so long for a game like this, and for this price. If you want to whine about a few hick ups in the game, especially for this price, go play a board game !

Uno or family destroyer aka monopoly. Most people want progresson on as it gets really boring thing is most of us get money and shit so I don't know why it can't be just turned on. For the people that can't log in I don't know what 3rd world country there in but everything is fine just a bit of lag here and there it's normal. Ik the servers are underload with 5k players what's it going to be like with 100k.

stopped reading after the 1st line, because of lack of communication skills and rude speech.
Even if he's right in what followed he is unable to adress his concerns, becuase this way... i and imho most others will shut their ears. 

Everybody answering is feeding the trolls btw - i'm guilty too :D

Just now, iGoldenStone said:

When people ignore the words "Early Access" when purchasing a game and excepts thus game to be flawless...

Nobody asked for flawless they asked for playable some can play some cannot and for the people cannot makes this game look like shit when 100k people buy the game and the servers can't even handle 5k. 

The game is solid and they received feedbacks from EA players. They're looking at heatmaps/data and adjust map for balance. I know that there are problems in the game, but they're addressed in forums. Devs silently patch few things up, and some got improved without people realizing it. 

Post issues and problems to forum and let dev receive feedback. Pose ideas and suggestion to improve their game. But doubt any negative comment will help devs get the feedback they need for the game. 

The post is pushing good posts out of the forum page. Complaint is ok but let's not spam thread which other people have already proposed about the current condition of game in EA. 

Also, EA in broken state is not always bad, as Insurgency 2 also went through EA to help devs get through game in complete state. And they did. With Monthly patches and community feedback.

1 hour ago, Gutshot said:

STFU with your buzzwords, kid. Espacially if you are obv clueless. You are not on reddit or tumbler

You're the one trotting out the same tired lines like you thought of them yourself, all to try and undermine anyone who disagrees with you so you don't have to actually come up with counters to anything they say.

You sound like you have tears streaming down your face while writing all of this, you can't even stay calm enough to type properly.

34 minutes ago, MightyKay said:

Nobody asked for flawless they asked for playable some can play some cannot and for the people cannot makes this game look like shit when 100k people buy the game and the servers can't even handle 5k. 

It sucks that it was broken at launch, I get the impression that a lot of people who got keys for the closed tests didn't actually use them but then interest ended up being huge on release day, which led to these issues. The devs definitely made mistakes ahead of release but have clearly been working very hard to rectify them, which is why so many of us are cutting them so much slack right now. Ultimately they're the ones who suffer the most from these problems as they've spend years working on this game.

Edited by Cral

3 hours ago, GameShock said:

So many people seem to be defending this game like they are sucking the developers dicks. Stop brown nosing and accept that the game in its current state is total garbage. People keep saying its early access deal with it... You seem to miss the key word ACCESS so many people couldn't play the game before and some still can't so they hardly paid for early access they paid for early loading screens. And also you guys are the problem with games today you are what keep these early access titals going it's basically just a way for game devs to make a bunch of money without any consequences. What happened to the days when devs just made a game finished it and released it. Now so many games come out for sale unfinished and broken and they get away with taking your money because the early access disclaimer. The game currently costs $30 for its current broken shitty state where some can't even play. You can get fully finished and good games on steam for less. When does calling a game early access and devs generally looking for support from the players become them releasing a game early just for money. I understand the point of early access but when the devs are so distant from there community keeping back information such as a road map and info about where your money is going to be used it's just ridiculous and just seems like a rushed launch to get that money ASAP. 

the devs say its a marathon not a race if its not a race why have they put the game to steam so broken? Why not send out more keys and Control the player count for longer and let the people in closed alpha find the bugs and they can fix it without charging thousands of people $30. People will say stuff like more players more bugs can be found.. This only applys to stuff like server load not actual in game bugs which if you take a look at bug reports you can see the hundreds posted which are unrelated to the amount of players and could have been fixed before charging people to play. Ofc not all bugs need to be fixed before full release but some of the issues are just so obvious that they needed fixing before going out to the public for sale. 

I'm not saying this game will not improve what I have an issue with is this game and other early access games that release so early the game is unplayable at the end of the day you are still spending $30 yes you are paying less than full price but for that much you should still expect something playable and not so broken its pointless playing. 

If a game company is charging money for something they have every right to receive the negative feedback. Just calling it early access doesn't give a game a free pass to charge money and not be given shit for it being broken. You should get your money worth and with how broken the game is it should be selling for $10 not $30. If you think the game in its current state is worth $30 your an idiot, simple as that. This game will probably release for $50 if it gets finished that means you are paying more than half price for what feels like a less than half finished game. 

one, quoted for posterity so you can't go back and edit this GARBAGE post.

two. early access is meant to allow some cash flow to the smaller developers who don't have some large publisher bankrolling them, furthermore, early access games are SPECIFICALLY label as being very early in the dev cycle, they can be beta, alpha, or even PRE ALPHA states which is what WW3 is in right now (pre alpha), they specifically stated on the early access page that they expect to have 12-16 more MONTHS of dev time before a full release. You seem to think, that just because you've given over money, you are entitled to something you are NOT, if you don't like the facts, then refund the damn game and move the fuck on. 

3. the people BITCHING about the game isn't negative feedback, it's people bitching about what they don't understand, yet fully agreed to, it is NOT the developers responsibility to tell the consumer what pre alpha means, and no complaint you made in this entire garbage post comes anywhere close to being a valid complaint. YOU. ARE. SIMPLY. WHINING. LIKE. A. PETULANT. CHILD. Man the fuck up, if you see a bug, REPORT IT, if you have a suggestion POST IT, if you have a actual complaint about something, POST THAT, the above message is nothing but you whining and bitching because YOU are the idiot. 

the devs say its a marathon not a race if its not a race why have they put the game to steam so broken? Why not send out more keys and Control the player count for longer and let the people in closed alpha find the bugs and they can fix it without charging thousands of people $30. People will say stuff like more players more bugs can be found.. This only applys to stuff like server load not actual in game bugs which if you take a look at bug reports you can see the hundreds posted which are unrelated to the amount of players and could have been fixed before charging people to play. Ofc not all bugs need to be fixed before full release but some of the issues are just so obvious that they needed fixing before going out to the public for sale. 

Here are the reasons why they decided to go Early Access now:

1. Funding : Their intial funding is running out and the intial goal of the game has been reached : to create a playable game with most functionalities and features implemented. Futher funding would be from you guys, the playerbase!

2.Bugs :Even with a month of alpha testing , there are still hundreds of bugs need to be fixed and a lot of features need to be changed to bring fun for playerbase

Also you should take in account the fact that server issues would happen for AAA games even on release like BF4, Gta Online,....

Note: it took BF4 one year to fully fixed their servers . WW3 "full" release is at least another year so rest assured

3.Balance : Currently the change in attachments DO NOT affect the physical stats of the weapon , also clothing DO NOT have an effect on the armor stats but rather only weight stats . This will be changed in future release and will decided by the playerbase!

4.Cheating : It's hard to know what your game is lacking in terms of anti-cheating and what patches and fixes need to be implemented if you don't have a large amount of players constantly testing. Back in alpha test, I honestly could wrote a cheat in 4 hours to aimbot and it would work (obviously only a proof of concept)(also i kinda did it ,pls don't hate me devs). But they are actively trying to fix that problem with your help albeit with an underwhelming response from the PR team. When the game comes to the actual release , most exploits would be fixed and in turn created a fun and cheat-free? atmosphere for the playerbase!

5.Future : developers need to know how the general public react to their game and how they would categorize game. They also need to see the what is the appeal of the game to customers or what kind of players they attract. From that point , they could react accordingly and bring the most wanted features to the playerbase

6.Playerbase: Look at those reasons,EVERYTHING is for the players/customers. This is what all game companies should strive for, this game has proved that the distance from the devs and players aren't that far! You could know them personally if you want to!

More players is always better for bug testing since you don't know which is the correct problem? Either it's the game or the server or even both! But since you said "obvious bugs" ,did you know that you can go invisible back in alpha using a specific trick? I have seen only 2 guys who did it in my entire 30 hours of testing (one was intentional , the other was unintentional) . This means that by using a bigger playerbase,this can easily replicate a big issue and it will get fixed in no time. IF THE ALPHA TEST GROUP DIDN"T FIGURE THIS OUT? How large a problem would it be? It would just be like you guys complaining all over again and this time , you would blame this on us "the shitty alpha testers who didn't do the job thoroughly testing this game" .It's just an endless loop of people complaining . I see what's your problem but honestly, there will always be issues and what matters is how they take steps to fix it.I 

If a game company is charging money for something they have every right to receive the negative feedback. Just calling it early access doesn't give a game a free pass to charge money and not be given shit for it being broken. You should get your money worth and with how broken the game is it should be selling for $10 not $30. If you think the game in its current state is worth $30 your an idiot, simple as that. This game will probably release for $50 if it gets finished that means you are paying more than half price for what feels like a less than half finished game. 

I agree with you on this. Even i love this game really much, how they handle this EA is a bit bad :( . I hope they can learn from this mistake but if you want , you could leave a negative review on steam for its bad EA launch so people can see what they are walking into. But do check out this game when it fully released, i'm sure that you will not be disappointed since most of the bugs will be fixed and many content will be added!

Edited by lpnam9114

1 hour ago, Marrond said:

People don't have ideology - ideology has people... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean.... nothing stops them from burning the bridge, taking the money and legging it. But I would assume they want to milk this unexpected cow for a tad bit longer ;)

How much was asteroids outpost again? Shame sega doesn't sue saltydog gaming, because fuck those devs.

Instant gratification demanded by some snow flake yet again...........

I bought this game on release, been keeping my eye on it for a long time. Was i disappointed the servers broke instantly? Yes. But 48 hours later i was in and i do like the game.

Im getting less desync and lag on this game than the nearly 2 year old PUBG so forgive me for not rousing the villagers and lighting the torches just yet.

Servers are a mixed bag regarding both FPS and PING but not to drive the EA point home but....... its. early. access.............. am i getting through to anyone at all here???????????

3 hours ago, Gutshot said:

LOL people nowadays, outrage about critic in what they thing is just fine. Argue with "for me its working so it has for you, if not fuck off and move on, but dont dare to complain about obv defects, for sth you spent time, passion and money into." Can be seen almost anywhere in everday life these days.
To me thats a paragon of being ignorant.

So a paragon of being ignorant to you is someone having a better experience than you in something?  That's the most entitled, millennial thing I've seen since ANTIFA riots in Portland lol.  How dare you say these things about people who are legitimately having a good time with the game.  I had all of the same problems everyone else has had, I still have issues connecting to the large game modes, I can only connect to the medium sized games, but I'm still having fun.  Is it frustrating at times? Sure.  But we all bought into an unfinished game because we wanted to help the devs make it better than what BF has become...I came into this knowing there were going to be lots of huge problems, but they are getting better.  Will it be perfect? Probably not.  It will probably still have problems 12 months from now for full release...all games do.  Stop expecting the same things from a small, independent Dev team that you would from EA/Activision.  They are doing the best they can with what they have.  Be a grown up and accept what you paid for, there are tons of disclaimers for the EA, and stop belittling the rest of us just because we have had a better experience than you.

In this thread:

boy who doesn't understand what early access means and expects a fully functioning, completely bug-free experience for an E-A title angry that people don't agree with him and support him in his strife. 

Plot twist: if the game worked for him like it works for the majority, he'd never have posted this thread. 

Edited by weedtime
language
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Nuro said:

Buys into Early Access then proceeds to call everyone an idiot and "whats wrong with gamers today" the whole post is slagging all the community off including himself, i would just delete it so you don't look like a tit.

You all bought into EA, you are all idiots...but im not ?? 

I was gifted the game I didn't but it fyi

• Haha 3
  • Angry 1

11 minutes ago, GameShock said:

I was gifted the game I didn't but it fyi

So that gives you the right to insult anyone who bought WW3 to help support the devs and hopefully see the game fulfill its potential? You must really hate people who support projects on Kickstarter and the like then.

• Like 2