Sign in to follow this  
Stundorn

overall Performance

Hi, so i dont have any loading issues and i can play since i buyed the game sone days ago, but the ingame Performance is not as good as i expected.

Ok we are in EA,  so i'm fine and dont want to complain here, but ask something. 

To me some things are confused. Some players have connectivity issues,  ok they said something about the auth Server. All fine, but this afaik cannot be the cause of bad performance,  or?

I did all tweaks you can find. CPU usage prioritized,  gameusersettings.ini tweaked, nvidia settings in the control panel, one frame lag option and tried graficsetting what are recommended from several users, also tried some settings to improve my fps and get rid of the stuttering. 

The game runs fine as long as there are no other players around, it almost allways lags if i see the first player what makes it's hard to kill or even to survive. When entering the more crowded battlezones the fps drops, the stuttering make it not unplayable but a chore to have fun because of the stuttering. 

So i end up and play all on low, except distance i set to Medium,  because popping up banisters 2m in front of you is just bad. 

So i got lot of fps, btw even with ultra i got 40 fps, but stuttering all day. 

The stuttering is not gone if i play all on low,  but much better Mist of the time.

What i want to know is this: i read a lot of people play on i5 and some with less than 16GB RAM and with gtx 1060 or oder.

I play on a HP Omen Laptop with i7, 16GB RAM, GTX1070, able to play in UHD 4k because of the display,  but actually i need to play with 1920x1080 and as i said with everything on low to only have few stuttering.

I first thought it's lag. Many players assume it's lag of the Server and sync issues. 

My question is. Is it lag or not yet done grafic optimazations or both or does the one (grafic) cause the other (server lag) If set on high or ultra?

I just want to understand what devs are working on.

Will the next Patch be about connectivity issues with auth servers,  but nothing about Performance? 

Or is the Server thing also  about Performance??? 

I like the game, want to play it and will do, but i ask myself if i should just wait a bit for the next Patch or Patches to improve Performance. 

I died to often because of lag or stuttering and performance.

See the ebemy first,  fire, lag,  miss,  dead ?

• Like 1

It's most likely combination of both: poor graphics performance as well as server latency. Server latency may be resolved sooner, especially making Quick Deploy button to choose lower latency servers, but I am afraid that framerate performance optimization is going to be a long run. The best case scenario, you will be seeing small steady incremental improvements over next few months. The worst case scenario, it may take over a year and still not be there yet, as it happened with PUBG which runs on UE4 too. That's not to say UE4 is responsible for performance issues. In fact it's one of the best performing commercially available game engines out there, but still requires a lot of obscure knowledge to get it performing well, most of which is concentrated among Epic employees. 

• Like 1

Download MSI overburner and enable frametime graph. Run around and see which graphic setting gives you less stuttering. Check usage and enable one-thread lag on setting. Disable shadow, PP, AA, and effect to low and fiddle around with Texture, VD, Light, and Mesh. It's better to fiddle around with graphic settings that gives you stable fps. 

Dev say they'll work on opti after they fix the server issues. 

Most UE4 games have performance issues. Ark, IN:Sandstorm, PUBG, and Fortnite. They have been listening to feedbacks and silently patch the game. Game may be improved without people realizing it. But they are in server issues.

i already did @yuzuri

fun fact - i just decided to set everything to ultra again - respawned, all fine and fluid in the middle of Berlin right in front of the Brandenburger Tor with about 6-8 soldiers around, then a few seconds later stuttering again. 

I want to play like this guy: 

even if i set everything to low i have stutterings and my hardware is maybe not up to date, but also not very old or bad at all. 

I just wonder what it needs to run the game that smooth. 

I'll try further with settings and combinations. 

Just to say, i dont want to complain, i'm fine with EA and i like the game very much (first shooter for me for a long, long ime), but i just hope it will become playable for me better soon. 

ATM i just suck, i such anyway, as i'm said it's the first shooter for me for a long time, i played CS 1.6 and BF2  and later i liked ET:QW but since then i haven't played any shooters seriously. 

It's possible your gpu isn't being used to it fullest potential, check the gpu and cpu usage percentage. I have the same issues and the game isn't even using my cpu and gpu to it's fullest potential.